Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So are y'all saying Black Panther hasn't been Black Excellence like he normally should be especially with conversations with white characters? I've been seeing you guys write how he seems to be getting punked alot this issue and a lot of questionable actions are being taken by him. Has me like:lupe::why::to:getting two pissed, humbled, taking losses throughout his current run yet white people are apparently praising this comic run has me like:jbhmm::patrice:not feeling this possible emasculation going on when we just saw the Live action version go head to head with two of the greatest soldiers in history :martin:
And they are saying this is the BP the movie will be based on :why:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So are y'all saying Black Panther hasn't been Black Excellence like he normally should be especially with conversations with white characters? I've been seeing you guys write how he seems to be getting punked alot this issue and a lot of questionable actions are being taken by him. Has me like:lupe::why::to:getting two pissed, humbled, taking losses throughout his current run yet white people are apparently praising this comic run has me like:jbhmm::patrice:not feeling this possible emasculation going on when we just saw the Live action version go head to head with two of the greatest soldiers in history :martin:

@Ziggiy basically summarized my thoughts with the following:

It is an....interesting issue to say the least. Like I said this issue REALLY drove home the theme to me that Coates is writing this as a "Game Of Thrones" type epic, and reading it with that mind set, it's pretty enjoyable. But in doing so Coates is writing a T'Challa that makes some VERY un-T'Challa like decisions. I couldn't imagine, in my wildest dreams, that T'Challa would EVER be sitting around a group of white dictators imploring them for advice. Reading it felt absurd to the point of blasphemy, but again, the way that conversation sequenced into the conversation he had with the insurgent two panels later, I'm thinking its part of a bigger plan that T'Challa has.

Which is why I suggest that longtime fans who were hoping for a variation of T'Challa's previous versions to appear to consider dropping the book and wait for the trade, rather than going month to month. This current run is going a different direction with T'Challa and his world and its a version I think a lot of longtime fans will have some trouble adjusting to it or possibly not like it at all.

In addition, as Ziggiy mentioned, this book is really going on some GOT shyt right now, which is playing a factor in how this run is going at the moment. When the season is over, that meeting will either be looked at as :whoo: in retrospect (T'Challa makes secret "pact" with a prisoner soon after the meeting), or it will be looked as :mindblown: as in why the hell did Coates had T'Challa do that for.

This run is def the strangest BP to date. Really wish this shyt was a graphic novel, we'd have all the answers already.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Brehs, imma have to read this issue again. Something is really off about that meeting. :patrice:

Either T'Challa is doing some Machiavellian shyt on the low that we won't notice till later, or Coates is blatantly making T'Challa do some wild out of character shyt, if not chumping him outright.

Weirdest BP issue to date.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Brehs, imma have to read this issue again. Something is really off about that meeting. :patrice:

Either T'Challa is doing some Machiavellian shyt on the low that we won't notice till later, or Coates is blatantly making T'Challa do some wild out of character shyt, if not chumping him outright.

Weirdest BP issue to date.
Breh, you are not giving me any faith in this issue.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we gone just pretend this nikka Coates didn't get inspired for this Dora milaje feminists super push from watching game of thrones season 5,Dorne/House Martell/ Sand Snakes story line:mjlol::mjlol:

Sand-Snake.jpg
150515-news-game-of-thrones.jpg
Screenshot-11.png

sand%20snakes%20arrested%20season%20five%20dorne%20game%20of%20thrones.png

got504_080714_hs_dsc_2781.jpg

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Breh, you are not giving me any faith in this issue.

Ahhh, my bad forgot you and others haven't read it yet. Imma chill with the spoilers.

The story def isn't over but its very unpredictable.

Guess we'll see how things turn out.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Exclusive: ‘Black Panther’ Screenwriter on Wakanda’s Rise Within the Marvel Universe [TCA 2016]

Joe Robert Cole was a writer on the FX miniseries The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story. He’s currently writing the Black Panther standalone film with director Ryan Coogler, and we recently had a chance to speak with Cole about the movie at cocktail party for FX.

Black Panther lead T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) first appeared in the film Captain America: Civil War as the heir to the Wakandan throne after his father was assassinated. Cole explained when the Black Panther movie picks up, where it goes after that, and how they’re developing the MCU version of Wakanda.

“First, I think Chadwick did a phenomenal job in Civil War in setting the tone for him being a king, for the nobility,” Cole said. “At the end, I thought his turn was fantastic and how he rose above his own vengeance. I think that was a great introduction to him. Our standalone movie will begin shortly after Civil War ends. So we’ll be able to see him mourning and him starting to take command as king of his own nation. Lots of things are going to occur within regards to that. The country will be under threat from inside and out so we’ll learn what Wakanda is, that nation, as the most technologically advanced nation on the planet. Also, as Wakanda’s rise to prominence happens, it will affect the MCU moving forward which is really exciting.”

Cole worked in Marvel’s writer program prior to The People Vs. O.J. Simpson, the same program where Nicole Perlman wrote the first script to Guardians of the Galaxy. In his return to Marvel, Cole hopes to infuse Black Panther with a bit of real African culture and history, even though Wakanda is a fictional country on the continent.

“Africa is such a huge nation,” Cole said. “There are so many countries, each of them with different histories, mythologies, and cultures but what we tried to do was hone in on some of the history, some of the cultural influences and then extrapolate out in our technology, extrapolate out in how we see Wakanda and the different parts of the country and the culture of the country as well. So we wanted to root it in reality first and then build out from there, so we’d feel pretty authentic and grounded.”

According to IMDb, Cole was also attached to write The Inhumans, but now that the film has been bumped from the Marvel release calendar, Cole does not know the status of that project. “I don’t know if Inhumans is on the slate,” he said. “For some reason, everyone thinks that I’m writing or have written Inhumans. There is not an Inhumans script yet so I’m not sure how that will be moving forward.”

We’ll have the complete interview with Cole on The People Vs. O.J. Simpson and Black Panther here on /Film. Black Panther is set for release February 16, 2018.

teacher

All Star
Daps
The run the jewels variant. Ordered it via the comic shop as they didn't have any when I showed up. Told me 2-3 weeks till it arrives.

A month and two weeks later, I'm still waiting :martin:

EDIT: Just got the call from the comic book shop, they just arrived, will pick them up tomorrow :wow:

Watch it be the wrong variant cover:sadcam:

ohhh...they slacking there is a variant of the run the jewels cover that's B&W

My shop didn't have the A-force variant either...I guess nobody is checking for the comic....I had to order from midtown....and my main shop for variants tried to charge 12 for the xmen and spiderman/deadpool BP variant:francis: thank god for midtown and the other shops :whew: