Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know about the clown thing, but Killmonger was definitely a hater. He wanted the crown and even got it at some point.

Achebe is interesting in a crazy, unpredictable, Joker kind of way.

In terms of being compelling, I like Malice and White Wolf too.

Yep. I agree with all this.

Killmonger becoming BP was when he was acting like a clown IMO. And most iterations of his costume is why I find him also to be a clown cuz it usually sucks.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I don't know about the clown thing, but Killmonger was definitely a hater. He wanted to be BP and even got it at some point.

Achebe is interesting in a crazy, unpredictable, Joker kind of way.

In terms of being compelling, I like Malice and White Wolf too.
No love for Prey?:mjcry:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
damn was I the only one that though issue 4 was fiyah? all the pieces are on the board ready to make their move :banderas: I felt this was definitely the most confident BP looked during this run :yeshrug:

I felt it was the best of the 4 issues so far. Everyone had a good showing overall, including T'Challa.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Black Panther vs hulk in totally awesome hulk #10 :lupe:
Just came in about to post this... After Hillary er I mean Captain Marvel was about to have a panic attack from Cho messing with her with his staged rampage T'challa in his throne like chill bae I got this :youngsabo:

It seems in the civil war II tie ins they letting T'challa rep while he's looks to be just a background character in the main story thus far....I can't wait :banderas:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Just watched the Q&A with Coates about the BP book. Q&A was over 2 hours, which was very surprising. A lot of info, including about stuff we've been talking about.

Some stuff I noticed from Coates' answers:

-Ayo was supposed to die in issue #4. Aneka was hold a major grudge with T’Challa. Didn’t happen.

-Ramonda almost died in issue #4. Didn’t happen

-Coates insists that T’Challa will get his.

-T’Challa will more active from #5 onward.

-Less Midnight Angels as time goes on. Only one page of the MAs in #5. Less Zenzi as well from now on (hence them being featured first on BP: WoW).

-Shuri’s journey is influenced from various African traditions. Will see more of her journey from issue 5 onward.

-More cameos from traditional BP supporting characters in season 2.

-Big fan of Fraction’s work, who featured Zeke Stane. That led to Coates deciding to use Stane.

-W’Kabi and Zuri would’ve been in the book if they were alive.

-Guest artist's Chris Sprouse art = on point.

-Big fan of The Crew.

-Feels the whole 12-issue book will read very differently, compared to issue to issue.

-Wasn’t a fan of the BP/Storm marriage at first. Feels differently about it now.

-Feels Priest's book managed to get people to take T'Challa seriously. Feels Hudlin's book was "for us." (Black people).

Addresses the sex trafficking / rape camps in #2. Another user documented his answer better than I did, so here it is:

- says there are camps like that everywhere, even the US. says this is a wakanda that has had destruction after destruction, thats faced Thanos, phoenix force Namor, Doom... t'challa has other thigns goin on and can't keep track and tchalla has bigger problems. makes a obama is't controlling baltimore connections, tchalla simply has sooo much on his shoulders and so much going on that he can't keep track of everythign an doesn't suck because ofit.

===

Plenty of other stuff mentioned, but overall good Q&A. I think the biggest thing affecting this run is Coates' journalism background and that he's new to comic book writing. He's bringing a lot of "real world" factors in a fictional universe and even on T'Challa himself, if that makes sense. Some are well received, other are not.

It does appear that he means well and that stuff will shift a bit from issue 5 onward. #5 will be critical in terms of the book's direction, reaction by fans, and even sales.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Just watched the Q&A with Coates about the BP book. Q&A was over 2 hours, which was very surprising. A lot of info, including about stuff we've been talking about.

Some stuff I noticed from Coates' answers:

-Ayo was supposed to die in issue #4. Aneka was hold a major grudge with T’Challa. Didn’t happen.

-Ramonda almost died in issue #4. Didn’t happen

-Coates insists that T’Challa will get his.

-T’Challa will more active from #5 onward.

-Less Midnight Angels as time goes on. Only one page of the MAs in #5. Less Zenzi as well from now on (hence them being featured first on BP: WoW).

-Shuri’s journey is influenced from various African traditions. Will see more of her journey from issue 5 onward.

-More cameos from traditional BP supporting characters in season 2.

-Big fan of Fraction’s work, who featured Zeke Stane. That led to Coates deciding to use Stane.

-W’Kabi and Zuri would’ve been in the book if they were alive.

-Guest artist's Chris Sprouse art = on point.

-Big fan of The Crew.

-Feels the whole 12-issue book will read very differently, compared to issue to issue.

-Wasn’t a fan of the BP/Storm marriage at first. Feels differently about it now.

-Feels Priest's book managed to get people to take T'Challa seriously. Feels Hudlin's book was "for us." (Black people).

Addresses the sex trafficking / rape camps in #2. Another user documented his answer better than I did, so here it is:

===

Plenty of other stuff mentioned, but overall good Q&A. I think the biggest thing affecting this run is Coates' journalism background and that he's new to comic book writing. He's bringing a lot of "real world" factors in a fictional universe and even on T'Challa himself, if that makes sense. Some are well received, other are not.

It does appear that he means well and that stuff will shift a bit from issue 5 onward. #5 will be critical in terms of the book's direction, reaction by fans, and even sales.

What did he mean T'challa will get his?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
78fb92f5edfa031b0cc4763c6b0684f5.jpg

b12d3542eab9f851dfc51f3478ca3b28.jpg

:to:

Black Panther out here inspiring Wakandan youth over a decade ago. That's the T'Challa I know :wow:
I hope we see this guy again and in the movies at one point :mjcry:From what y'all saying Coates may not have Panther on this type of vibe. Getting punked and crying:scust: