Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He seemed less kingly in that run. I also feel like he started off on the wrong foot. He told the illuminati to.disband initially. Only to turn around and reform them.

Breh, don't get me started on that lol.

Man, thank goodness the movie is on the way. That really mitigated a lot of the pain from the past 8+ years. :wow:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
See here's where I disagree. Neither of those heroes have been made to look stupid in the face of a possible revolution that is part terrorist attack and part anti-patriarchy. Daredevils L's were and have constantly been ignored by Matt Murdock himself and Shadow land the culmination of those L's was a cop out because he was possessed. He didn’t have to be accountable. Spider-man's whole sthick is taking L's so that doesn't count. Another example of this though is Tony Stark post Secret Invasion. He wiped his own mind so that he didn't remember what he did so he wasn't held accountable. But BP has to sit here and be treated like a lost little boy.

I'll agree to an extent, but it also has to do with the character. Spidey is the every-man, with problems multiplied to Gremlins numbers, so of course he's not a monarch or has to deal with those situations. But he gets ridiculed for being absent as Peter, while saving the world. On that level they compare, like the thing about people being mad about the Shuri thing when Shuri was the one that told him to go. He has to live with that. "Spidey taking L's" being his shtick is my point.

Daredevil L's are ignored which equals writers not using ignoring previous runs. They don't even know if his identity is public or not. Once again, it's not just black characters in which they miss anything before it. I don't think Tony has ever been held accountable for anything. MCU Stark has faced judgement far greater that 616.

I'd say one that you can easily compare to what BP is currently going through, as far as being the head of a kingdom is Prof X. That mofo got kicked out of his own house, told never to come back, and was exiled until his death. But it still goes back to not just being black characters. The people in similar situations as BP (Namor, Doom, Black Bolt) have all had their share of L's...Doom rarely wins.

But I will say that one thing that I've always thought about BP, is that he was always sure of his actions or what he must do next to handle the situation at hand. This Coates BP seems to be unsure of any and everything.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I'll agree to an extent, but it also has to do with the character. Spidey is the every-man, with problems multiplied to Gremlins numbers, so of course he's not a monarch or has to deal with those situations. But he gets ridiculed for being absent as Peter, while saving the world. On that level they compare, like the thing about people being mad about the Shuri thing when Shuri was the one that told him to go. He has to live with that. "Spidey taking L's" being his shtick is my point.

Daredevil L's are ignored which equals writers not using ignoring previous runs. They don't even know if his identity is public or not. Once again, it's not just black characters in which they miss anything before it. I don't think Tony has ever been held accountable for anything. MCU Stark has faced judgement far greater that 616.

I'd say one that you can easily compare to what BP is currently going through, as far as being the head of a kingdom is Prof X. That mofo got kicked out of his own house, told never to come back, and was exiled until his death. But it still goes back to not just being black characters. The people in similar situations as BP (Namor, Doom, Black Bolt) have all had their share of L's...Doom rarely wins.

But I will say that one thing that I've always thought about BP, is that he was always sure of his actions or what he must do next to handle the situation at hand. This Coates BP seems to be unsure of any and everything.
And this is why I say emasculation. He seems like a boy not a man l, when even when making hard decisions he was sure of himself. This current BP doesn't make sense. Also Daredevil has addressed ignoring his past in Wade's run. He's in denial, that is apart of his character and has been since Bendis, maybe even as far back as Miller and definitely as far back as Nocinti. This unsure about everything shyt isn't T'challa and never has been, not even as a child.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the comics front, What is with BP in Civil War II? All he's doing is just standing around going "Carol...." or "Tony..." and not really doing much of anything. He should have a bigger presence I feel.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The people in similar situations as BP (Namor, Doom, Black Bolt) have all had their share of L's...Doom rarely wins.

Breh, Namor had his world destroyed, got sonned by Doom, almost got killed once, got murked via one-shot by Doom, has his world destroyed again, then got recently murked via getting his head chopped off by Squadron Supreme. All that in a span of 2-3 years. AND he doesn't even have a movie on the way.

Damn, stay strong Namor fans. :mjcry:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
On the comics front, What is with BP in Civil War II? All he's doing is just standing around going "Carol...." or "Tony..." and not really doing much of anything. He should have a bigger presence I feel.

I don't think he said a word. Just sat on a chair and lined up with Carol's ppls. I could be wrong.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Breh, Namor had his world destroyed, got sonned by Doom, almost got killed once, got murked via one-shot by Doom, has his world destroyed again, then got recently murked via getting his head chopped off by Squadron Supreme. All that in a span of 2-3 years. AND he doesn't even have a movie on the way.

fukk Namor, he picked the wrong side. T'challa was his brother since way back and he turned on him.:pacspit:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
fukk Namor, he picked the wrong side. T'challa was his brother since way back and he turned on him.:pacspit:

Was team #fukkNamor during the Hickman run. Atlantis getting blown up by Wakanda in = Justice was served.:demonic:

Was just shouting out the good Namor fans out there in my previous post. shyt is rough for them right now. :wow:

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
But it's being said this movie have two/three villans

Doesn't matter. They got a fairly well known, popular-ish actor playing the role, whom is basically in the directors back pocket, so it's pretty much assured he's going to get some more attention and fine
tuning than what the books probably show of him.

Killmonger was a force to be reckoned with in the books though.

I'm duly aware. No doubt that he was physically imposing and a viable threat to BP, but just the same, he still wasn't none too compelling of a character IMO (and seemingly among plenty of others). He came of as just a hater, clown ass nig to me half the time. Achebe came off better/more interesting to me tbh.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

:wtb:fukk Namor. :mjlol:

Namor comes off as that a$$hole dude that you love to hate. So I'll say again....fukk Namor.:steviej:

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm duly aware. No doubt that he was physically imposing and a viable threat to BP, but just the same, he still wasn't none too compelling of a character IMO (and seemingly among plenty of others). He came of as just a hater, clown ass nig to me half the time. Achebe came off better/more interesting to me tbh.

I don't know about the clown thing, but Killmonger was definitely a hater. He wanted to be BP and even got it at some point.

Achebe is interesting in a crazy, unpredictable, Joker kind of way.

In terms of being compelling, I like Malice and White Wolf too.