Chef

All Star
Daps
I'm trying to read some BP comics and came across this.
BlackPanther.jpg

Black_Panther_The_Man_Without_Fear_Vol_1_515_Textless.jpg

Why is this costume so piff?!:takedat::ohlawd:Don't get it twisted, I fukks with that movie concept :whoa:.but this looks so dope.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Ugh I hated how hudlin bytch ass:pacspit: retcon BP/Storm history, I don't mind them getting married bit it was a better ways then "lol we knew each other since we was kids" bullshyt he pulled.

Breh, Storm and BP meeting up when they were young was shown on the Marvel Team-Up in the 80s and the Christopher Priest run.

IMG_4625.JPG

They then met each other again as adults in both stories. In the Priest run, they were much closer.

IMG_4524.JPG

IMG_4626.JPG

IMG_4627.JPG

The seeds for BP and Storm were always there.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I've never read a Black Panther comic before. I'm not even sure if I've even read a Marvel comic with him in it. But I get the impression from watching the BET animated mini-series & other black nerds talk about him, he's supposed to be a Militant that doesn't care about Cac or Western World problems. He reluctantly. helps the Avengers.

:lupe: Do y'all think we gonna see a Militant-ass BP in the MCU?

@Ziggiy mentioned it, but with BP its not "militant" in the way we generally interpreted it. He's just THAT confident of not only himself, but of his people and his country. And he has the intelligence, the skills, and an economy to stand up against almost anybody.

When villains or world powers try to punk him, they probably don't know that he most likely has a contingency plan or two to deal with them, and tends to think a couple steps ahead of his enemies and rivals, and even his friends.

He also doesn't have a problem with white people, he has some white friends he actually really cool with (Reed Richards and, depending on the run, Everett Ross), and he does respect Captain America, and has a bit of a frenemy relationship with Tony Stark.

Push him hard enough or threaten his country, and he'll probably kill you without blinking.

Last edited:
Daps
i just watched the Black Panther cartoon series online last year and outside of BP being a more Daredevil than Spider man)(i would prefer him to be an god like similar to Thor)in terms of super human abilities and the fact he seemed very cold or indifferent to the danger posed on his family (mother and sister) in a couple scenes rubbed me the wrong I thought the show had a lot of potential and was disappointed the finale ended on a cliffhanger that wasn't resolved.

i want to read the comics to get more familiar with Black Panther....anyone know of any good websites with them which doesn't require a comic reader?

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
i just watched the Black Panther cartoon series online last year and outside of BP being a more Daredevil than Spider man)(i would prefer him to be an god like similar to Thor)in terms of super human abilities and the fact he seemed very cold or indifferent to the danger posed on his family (mother and sister) in a couple scenes rubbed me the wrong I thought the show had a lot of potential and was disappointed the finale ended on a cliffhanger that wasn't resolved.

i want to read the comics to get more familiar with Black Panther....anyone know of any good websites with them which doesn't require a comic reader?

Start with the collected Christopher Priest run on Amazon. Most of BP's best stories are in that run.

Regarding the bold (I haven't seen the cartoon in a while, so bear with me), I see what you mean but we have to remember that while he may have heroic tendencies, he's a King first (a big part of why he can be indifferent or cold sometimes). The needs of his country come before anyone, including him. Hence why he immediately chased after Klaw to the neighboring country to stop his attack on Wakanda rather than helping out his sister, and why when Klaw said he'll spare his mother's life in exchange for the throne of Wakanda, BP basically says "you have no leverage, I'm gonna kill you anyway." Klaw was shook after that:jawalrus:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
@Ziggiy mentioned it, but with BP its not "militant" in the way we generally interpreted it. He's just THAT confident of not only himself, but of his people and his country. And he has the intelligence, the skills, and an economy to stand up against almost anybody.

When villains or world powers try to punk him, they probably don't know that he most likely has a contingency plan or two to deal with them, and tends to think a couple steps ahead of his enemies and rivals, and even his friends.

He also doesn't have a problem with white people, he has some white friends he actually really cool with (Reed Richards and, depending on the run, Everett Ross), and he does respect for Captain America, and has a bit of a frenemy relationship with Tony Stark.

Push him hard enough or threaten his country, and he'll probably kill you without blinking.
yep, the most off thing I've heard people say about BP is that he doesn't like white people

Daps
Start with the collected Christopher Priest run on Amazon. Most of his best stories are in that run.

Regarding the bold (I haven't seen the cartoon in a while, so bear with me), I see what you mean but we have to remember that while he may have heroic tendencies, he's a King first (a big part of why he can be indifferent or cold sometimes). The needs of his country come before anyone, including him. Hence why he immediately chased after Klaw to the neighboring country to stop his attack on Wakanda rather than helping out his sister, and why when Klaw said he'll spare his mother's life in exchange for the throne of Wakanda, BP basically says "you have no leverage, I'm gonna kill you anyway." Klaw was shook after that:jawalrus:
okay i just found the comics online but they aren't loading up:mindblown:I've seen it implied i might need download some 3rd party software to read them but i'm worried about about catching viruses and considering breh gave a link to the the whole the complete TWD in which the comic reader wasn't necessary and i was wondering if there are any equivalent to the BP comics:manny:

yeah but the Black Panther leaving going to confront Klaw in that neighboring country while Wakanda was under attack as a emotional and non tactical decision which put his kingdom at risk ....i understand Klaw killed his father but I thought BP was supposed to be man of reasn whom is nolt ruled b emotion yet he blindly running behind enemy lines while Waknda is under attack to avenge his dead father but then the nikka was like :yeshrug:when his living sister and mother are under threat....i can agree that he thought Klaw would probably kill his mother either way but the nikka could have atleast tried to attempt to spare some time to negotiate for her release and when he left Wakanda his soldiers asked if they wanted them to try to rescue his sister from the radiocative Russian cac trying to melt here and he replied no wait to i get back:comeon:he nikka don't even acknowledged his dead brother(whom died that same day with his pops either) and was ready to toss his sister/mom in the bushes just to get revenge on the cac whom killed his papa...i summed that ups as bad writing though i generally enjoyed the show the BP in the cartoon series came off as a cold hearted almost robotic weirdo nikka with daddy issues....i hope he shows more depth and not selectively choose to go with emotion over common sense whenever father death is as topic:aicmon:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
okay i just found the comics online but they aren't loading up:mindblown:I've seen it implied i might need download some 3rd party software to read them but i'm worried about about catching viruses and considering breh gave a link to the the whole the complete TWD in which the comic reader wasn't necessary and i was wondering if there are any equivalent to the BP comics:manny:

yeah but the Black Panther leaving going to confront Klaw in that neighboring country while Wakanda was under attack as a emotional and non tactical decision which put his kingdom at risk ....i understand Klaw killed his father but I thought BP was supposed to be man of reasn whom is nolt ruled b emotion yet he blindly running behind enemy lines while Waknda is under attack to avenge his dead father but then the nikka was like :yeshrug:when his living sister and mother are under threat....i can agree that he thought Klaw would probably kill his mother either way but the nikka could have atleast tried to attempt to spare some time to negotiate for her release and when he left Wakanda his soldiers asked if they wanted them to try to rescue his sister from the radiocative Russian cac trying to melt here and he replied no wait to i get back:comeon:he nikka don't even acknowledged his dead brother(whom died that same day with his pops either) and was ready to toss his sister/mom in the bushes just to get revenge on the cac whom killed his papa...i summed that ups as bad writing though i generally enjoyed the show the BP in the cartoon series came off as a cold hearted almost robotic weirdo nikka with daddy issues....i hope he shows more depth and not selectively choose to go with emotion over common sense whenever father death is as topic:aicmon:

Yea part of the issues you mentioned are writing related. That was the very beginning of the Hudlin run and The story def could've been better. Hudlin's pen game wasn't that up to par back then, but got much better by the end of his run.

With that said, it's not like he left his kingdom completely defenseless, his uncle and his staff was handling the rest. The big fish was Klaw, who coordinated the attack in the first place.

And negotiating with Klaw? I'm not surprised he didn't do it. And even his own mother said don't do it.

There's much more depth to BP than the show displayed. He's usually very pragmatic and can be very cold sometimes, but rarely is on some daddy issues shyt. He does really look up to his father though.

Def read the priest run, you'll get a clearer picture of who BP is.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Carl Johnson, it's ironic that you mentioned T'Challa's ruthlessness vis-a-vis his sister Shuri. She's not as calculating as he is, but she can be just as ruthless, if not more. And dare I say she's more pro-Wakandan than he is. They do care about each other a lot, but they are cut from the same cloth (their father).

Hell on New Avengers, T'Challa tried to convince her to not go to war against Namor after the events of AvX. She was like:usure:

169lwnd.jpg

I really hope she's in the upcoming movie.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I've never been a fan of Shuri. I hate how she was retconned in so lazily. Hudlin couldn't even bother to do a story about how T'challa had a sister that wasn't in any stories before his run.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I've never been a fan of Shuri. I hate how she was retconned in so lazily. Hudlin couldn't even bother to do a story about how T'challa had a sister that wasn't in any stories before his run.

If I remember correctly, "Who is The Black Panther" was all Hudlin was originally wasn't really supposed to be canon. Hence the retcons and the lack of explanations. It ended up selling very well, so Marvel asked Hudlin to continue, which he did.

Didn't think much about Shuri at first but I ended up liking her a lot in later stories. If there's one thing New Avengers got right concerning Wakanda, it was Shuri's portrayal. I lowkey ended up rooting for her more than T'Challa.

Last edited: