Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think the hard hits will start from #4 onward. Especially considering its the end of the "Nation" arc. Would be a big missed opportunity if something big doesn't happen then. There's more than enough build-up at this point.

Isn't Manifold appearing soon? I suspect a little globe hopping will be in order. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if T'Challa starts kicking ass and taking names once Shuri reappears to the living

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Isn't Manifold appearing soon? I suspect a little globe hopping will be in order. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if T'Challa starts kicking ass and taking names once Shuri reappears to the living

Yea, Manifold will show up in #5 (and possibly in more issues afterwards). Could be some globetrotting, or T'Challa could be using Manifold to plan a surprise attack of some kind against "The People" (or something like that).

I think Shuri will be the one to tilt things into T'Challa's favor, both in terms of helping him defeat the people, but also in terms of getting the Wakandan people to see T'Challa in a more positive light and open a path for him to regain the Wakandans' trust.

How T'Challa will deal with the Midnight Angels and their group, outside of potential brute force / coercion attempts (I don't see the MA surrendering unless something major happens) remains to be seen.

Last edited:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cover for #3

BLAP2016003_int2_Page_3.jpg
These new Milaje costumes are hideous. Just tacky and mismatched. Hopefully the movie takes from the previous looks.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
These new Milaje costumes are hideous. Just tacky and mismatched. Hopefully the movie takes from the previous looks.
might be an unpopular opinion but I ain't of fan of Coates drawing style, the art in these books are kinda ugly

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
might be an unpopular opinion but I ain't of fan of Coates drawing style, the art in these books are kinda ugly

Brian Stelfreeze is the artist, with Laura Martin as the colorist. Coates is the writer.

The art is kinda different, but I like it a lot.

In any case, the book will have Chris Sprouse as a guest artist for #5 to #8. For those looking for a more "traditional" style, this should fit. Laura Martin will still continue as the colorist and Stelfreeze will return from #9 onward.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Brian Stelfreeze is the artist, with Laura Martin as the colorist. Coates is the writer.
yeah the other dude corrected me

In any case, the book will have Chris Sprouse as a guest artist for #5 to #8. For those looking for a more "traditional" style, this should fit.
can u direct a dude to any of his stuff?
Laura Martin will still continue as the colorist
:francis:
and Stelfreeze will return from #9 onward.
:scusthov:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I just listened to a Coates NPR interview about the comic and he talked about how he wasn't much into action and it's there because it has to

:snoop: No lie, that's why I haven't really enjoyed the run--it's a bit slow

Hopefully it picks up

teacher

All Star
Daps
I just listened to a Coates NPR interview about the comic and he talked about how he wasn't much into action and it's there because it has to

:snoop: No lie, that's why I haven't really enjoyed the run--it's a bit slow

Hopefully it picks up

:wtf: why write for comics then? the point of the pictures are mainly for the action :martin: With that said I have no expectations really just trying to enjoy the ride...

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
:wtf: why write for comics then? the point of the pictures are mainly for the action :martin: With that said I have no expectations really just trying to enjoy the ride...
He wanted write a story about a king not really wanted to be king (ie BP always in America or Outer Space)

I get it, but, he prolly needs a co-writer to get that

Again, it's his first comic book

Look, I'm gettin' every issue, but, I feel you

teacher

All Star
Daps
He wanted write a story about a king not really wanted to be king (ie BP always in America or Outer Space)

I get it, but, he prolly needs a co-writer to get that

Again, it's his first comic book

Look, I'm gettin' every issue, but, I feel you

I'm getting each issue for me, my nephew and god son...they just get the regular one though I get the variants :win: