teacher

All Star
Daps
So BP's new nemesis is Hashirama with wood no jutsu? Hashirama vs the One tail black panther :wow::blessed:

I was really looking forward to him putting the smackdown on the vigilante dora's though :mjcry:
but those war dogs :banderas: are they a new addition?

In what story/issues did Shuri 'die'?

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Considering that the human trafficking operations are happening around the Nigandan boarder, I was surprised that there weren't any Wakandan patrols by that area, especially considering that Wakanda has been attacked multiple times in recent years by outsiders. It would be in Wakanda's best interest to be vigilant around the border area. Not to mention that, based on the reaction of the women that were captives, those operations have been going on for a minute now, to the point that they felt neglected.

I think what could've helped Coates on this one is to explain via a line or two from a supporting character, or even T'Challa himself, that Wakandan forces / authorities / resources are all over the country " putting fires out" due to the recent events, resulting in the authorities being stretched too thin. That way, the people doing mischievous shyt would def be able to slip through the cracks and do what they are doing, and there's a clear reason as to why they were able to do so for so long. The same could even apply for the corrupt chieftains.

As is, though some characters mention that Wakanda is going through major trouble...it doesn't feel like it, imho. Or even look like it, in a lot of cases. Maybe that's were the disconnect is coming from, from my POV.

And T'Challa never treated the Doras as a private harem. IIRC, it wasn't even his idea originally (correct me if I'm wrong on that one). The only reason he continued it is because it kept the peace between the tribes. The Doras' creation was ultimately political in nature, a means for a tribe to potentially get plugged into the royal family. And the Doras, as time went on publication wise, basically have turned into an all-female unit that serves to protect the ruler and his/her family. The potential bride thing hasn't even been touched on in almost 10 years.

Meanwhile, the Doras are highly respected in Wakandan society. Those that harm a Dora can be sentenced to death. The Wakandans also respected the authority of Ramonda and Storm, even though they were foreigners. And they've rallied behind Shuri during her time as Queen, while she was the absolute ruler.

This isn't to say that there aren't Wakandans that could be considered misogynist. I wouldn't be surprised if M'Baku and other members of the White Gorilla tribe were indeed misogynists, especially due to how old fashioned they were. But Wakanda as a whole? As a country? There isn't enough on panel evidence to show that indeed was the case, unless I missed something.

I prefer this type of storytelling, it reminds me of game of thrones. I like being reminded that there's a world outside the main character and that there are plots going on simultaneously.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So BP's new nemesis is Hashirama with wood no jutsu? Hashirama vs the One tail black panther :wow::blessed:

Oh shyt :deadrose:
I was really looking forward to him putting the smackdown on the vigilante dora's though :mjcry:

I have a feeling they will encounter T'Challa in either issue #4 or #5.

Nah, they are the Hatute Zeraze, which translates to "Dogs of War" in english, hence War Dogs. They are basically the Wakandan secret police. T'Challa disbanded them and then exiled them, including their leader Hunter, due to their very brutal methods before the start of the Priest run, which is when we first see them. They've been working as mercenaries outside of Wakanda for a minute as a result.

However, when Shuri became Queen, she re-instated the Dogs, and brought them back in Wakanda.

During the Hickman run. In fact, I recommend you read the Hickman stories I mentioned to you in a previous post. This current 12-issue story arc is basically a direct sequel to the Hickman stories.

I'll see exactly which issues to read, to make it easier for you. Stay tuned breh :obama:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I prefer this type of storytelling, it reminds me of game of thrones. I like being reminded that there's a world outside the main character and that there are plots going on simultaneously.

Hmm, someone else in another forum made the Game of Thrones comparison as well. Maybe that influenced Coates' approach as well.

I'm a big proponent of T'Challa's supporting cast getting some well-needed shine (got into a lot of arguments online concerning that topic in the past). That said, it is T'Challa's book, so its very understandable that a lot of readers want him to get most of the attention, especially in light of his MCU portrayal, which got a lot of good reviews.

I do hope that as the story arc goes on, he gets that attention in the book.

Last edited:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Oh shyt :deadrose:

I have a feeling they will encounter T'Challa in either issue #4 or #5.

Nah, they are the Hatute Zeraze, which translates to "Dogs of War" in english, hence War Dogs. They are basically the Wakandan secret police. T'Challa disbanded them and then exiled them, including their leader Hunter, due to their very brutal methods before the start of the Priest run, which is when we first see them. They've been working as mercenaries outside of Wakanda for a minute as a result.

However, when Shuri became Queen, she re-instated the Dogs, and brought them back in Wakanda.

During the Hickman run. In fact, I recommend you read the Hickman stories I mentioned to you in a previous post. This current 12-issue story arc is basically a direct sequel to the Hickman stories.

I'll see exactly which issues to read, to make it easier for you. Stay tuned breh :obama:

I copped FF 606-608 and I pretty much tracked down all the New Avengers except like 3 issues...Next up is Secret Wars but I gotta slow down I've been Oding on comic books lately

In a completely unrelated matter

I finally have a name for my home studio, 'Vibranium Sounds' :gladbron: I got the BP bobblehead, key chain, sack boy and the wire crawler....I just need that $200 statue and it'll be lit :banderas:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The King will prevail :demonic:

Overseas Pacific Rim did well though :damn::sadcam:Marvel cares alot about China:hamster:Will they return their care though :mjpls:?
Yea. If ppl do their damn jobs right in movie production and marketing, BP will win the domestic battle. Will probably win that 2nd weekend too, which would be Pacific's opening weekend. The interesting setup is internationally. China can be funny. They'll fellatio will smith or a black professional bball player like they're gods; 100 million box office or shoe sales type response. Then they'll go right around and do what they allegedly did with Finn on the poster
I think they'll fuk with BP the same way black folks would fuk with a mexican super hero movie or boxer like Canelo; if it's lit, we'll check it out :ehh:. if it's not, just depends on if there's basketball on that night :dame:

Pacific Rim will do very well in China again, b/c giant robots and green trolls are two things they love over there.

Last edited:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

I think Breh is the avatar. He got them natural powers, he sonned T'challa and made it look easy. :wow:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Brehs, Pacific Rim 2 is now opening one week after Black Panther :patrice:

Pacific Rim 2 Release Date Set for 2018

Maaaaaaan, tell Finn and them Jaegers to....

58555466.jpg

BP and Wakanda >>>>>> a bunch of megazords, lets get it.