Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think it's more appropriate liken them Ali-Frazier, as Kilmonger has actually DEFEATED T'Challa on several occasions. Kilmonger drives T'Challa to physical/mental exhaustion
i attribute it more to questionable storytelling mechanics... like bytchass ross 'interrupting' that one time.... but technically youre tight. More so wishful thinking on my part that he's more foreman in the mcu if they go with a traditional portrayal

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Him being white was major though. His problem, besides being a foreigner, is that he straight up looked like a foreigner, off the rip.

The Wakandans obviously threw flak at Ramonda for not being Wakandan, but at the least she can blend in in terms of skin tone.

Hunter? No way in hell, at any point. He stuck out like a sore thumb. Even if Wakandans didn't care much about race, he straight up didn't look "Wakandan" at all. Your average Wakandan is not white.

Which, to me, explains why he goes to the extreme with his actions.

Honestly, I say keep him white, or don't use him. I'm not big on racebending anyway.

With that said, he's one BP character I wouldn't be too surprised if he was racebended.
Major to (some of) us bc we're hardcore fans... but nobody main stream will bat an eye or care if mbj played hunter... and hardcore fans will watch regardless of that swap lol. Klaw was major... but now he's not, and no one but hardcore fans ever knew.

The bigger issue with Hunter if any would be the loki comparisons of been there done that... and so another villain would be better anyway from that standpoint.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Major to (some of) us bc we're hardcore fans... but nobody main stream will bat an eye or care if mbj played hunter... and hardcore fans will watch regardless of that swap lol. Klaw was major... but now he's not, and no one but hardcore fans ever knew.

The bigger issue with Hunter if any would be the loki comparisons of been there done that... and so another villain would be better anyway from that standpoint.

Obviously the mainstream wouldn't know any better, being that the BP franchise isn't big at the moment. I'm just being consistent with my views on racebending. I'm not a fan of it. Even more so when race of said character is a factor to the character.

That said, Hunter is perhaps the one BP character I can see being racebent.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Obviously the mainstream wouldn't know any better, being that the BP franchise isn't big at the moment. I'm just being consistent with my views on racebending. I'm not a fan of it. Even more so when race of said character is a factor to the character.

That said, Hunter is perhaps the one BP character I can see being racebent.
That's cool, i'm being consistent with my views that i'm just in it for the black folks :manny:

Let me have it my way and i'd race bend Bast's useless ass too.

And if mainstream wouldn't know any better... even better :lolbron:

But (half) joking aside, i'm not caping for Hunter to be included... but that i'm down with MBJ playin him or whichever villain.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If I had to guess I'd say MBJ is Killmonger, but he'd have to show toughness which I've never seen from him. It would be dope if he pulls this off.

i want mbj to headline his own marvel film, it would be a total waste of black star power to do some one shot marvel throwaway villain/or side character AKA Idris elba

I agree. All the more reason for him to be Killmonger; he could easily be in all 3 movies, beat BP in one, and catch an L in another.

doublex

Pro
Daps
I don't know nothing bout black panther, but that sounds a whole helluva lot like Thor and loki :patrice:

Which is why they won't do it. They'd be accused of copying the storyline of the first Thor movie. It doesn't matter if it's from the comics, most people don't read the comics and only know the MCU.

"A different spin" could simply mean that Coogler has his own style and as a result Black Panther will feel different from every other movie in the MCU. Coogler already said this movie will be his "most personal", so we know he's putting his heart and soul into this and it will stand out.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i want mbj to headline his own marvel film, it would be a total waste of black star power to do some one shot marvel throwaway villain/or side character AKA Idris elba
i think he has a chance to be more bucky than heimdall, in that regard. Idris as heimdall was a real waste of talent and charisma. it was obvious they didn't have anything for him (or the warriors 3 + Sif) and once they realized he was a pretty big deal, tried to compensate for him in thor 2... but it just felt like a random purposeless action sequence thrown in to compensate for him lol. As opposed to something meaningful that would show his acting chops.

mbj i think will be much more than throwaway or side character, maybe not as good as headlining his own film of course, but i think he's going to be putting in work.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
i think he has a chance to be more bucky than heimdall, in that regard. Idris as heimdall was a real waste of talent and charisma. it was obvious they didn't have anything for him (or the warriors 3 + Sif) and once they realized he was a pretty big deal, tried to compensate for him in thor 2... but it just felt like a random purposeless action sequence thrown in to compensate for him lol. As opposed to something meaningful that would show his acting chops.

mbj i think will be much more than throwaway or side character, maybe not as good as headlining his own film of course, but i think he's going to be putting in work.

Off Topic but Idris really should have been War Machine from the jump

I have no issue with MJB being a supporting villian in BP as he's already got his leading franchise set to go with Creed. Also if his performance breaks out similar to Tom Hiddleston's Loki then that opens him up to appearing in the wider MCU. Particularly if he IS playing Kilmonger as Kilmonger can easily be one of those characters who ebbs and weaves between villiany and redemption...

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

I really doubt he'll be a throwaway. Too big of a name for that. Not to mention he's obviously real cool with Coogler.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Like I said earlier Hunter is one of the more unimportant and un-needed characters in the BP mythos, and along with Ross, represents the fear of Black heroes carrying their own weight in mainstream comics.

I'll make the case for the White Wolf. None of Panthers other villains have the reputation of cruelty and violating every right you can think of in the service of Wakanda as WW has. This gives Coogler a chance to address torture, wire taps, abductions etc. We get to see what Wakandan values are.

Then theres the sibling rivalry, feeling like an outsider you already spoke on...And the Hounds of War are just dope.

I understand being cautious of a strong white villain, but Hunters too dope to waste, IMO. And Panther whoops his ass! :mjlol:

Ross can get lost tho.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Michael B Jordan would be dope as Patriot (Elijah Bradley) imo

i really wanna see money from Power (brother that plays Ghost) get some kinda villain role in Marvels Cinematic Universe at some point
dont know how old he is