Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I always wonder the same thing?:ohhh:

What creative difference that made her pass on this big opportunity:wtf:

The way CW did BP justice she might had some suspect ideas for BP:mjpls:

Probably would've made him hook up with BW to get a certain crowd at her side :mjpls:

Seriously though she was probably going for an SJW type flick and Marvel wasn't having it.

I am very curious as to what made her leave the film as well :patrice:. I remember her saying she liked his character in the movie a few weeks ago but man I'd like to get her personal opinion on what exactly happened.

Yall brehs think so :patrice:

I think Coogler will make a better film, but I always under the impression she was trying to make a movie too real for Hollywood. :ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Yall brehs think so :patrice:

I think Coogler will make a better film, but I always under the impression she was trying to make a movie too real for Hollywood. :ehh:

Yea, as I said there likely would've been a lot of pandering to sjw type shyt and she may have been trying to sacrifice the character to send a message.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
For all that talk about BP is OP and doesnt have any weaknesses... HAH! he's constantly battling a very serious condition actually

tumblr_o6wajahULK1r971nbo1_1280.png

H.N.P.

Handsome nikka Problems :to:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think Hudlin would be more salty at Coogler than Priest..

There was a time people thought he'd get that job.

I'm interested in what Ava's original vision was though...or what source was she wanting that Marvel didn't want. :jbhmm:
Nah I just want to know what he thought specifically of BP in the movie, since he was the most successful and arguably most passionate bp writer.

He doesnt sound like a bitter ass old nygga when it comes to bp so id be surprised if he had any animosity towards coogler or ava.

In regards to Ava, she probably wouldve tackled and dissected race, gender and/or the affects of colonialism in afrika head on, as those would be the most sensitive topics that would make disney execs uncomfortable. Itd be an interesting idea but i personally feel coogler was the right person for the job.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nah I just want to know what he thought specifically of BP in the movie, since he was the most successful and arguably most passionate bp writer.

He doesnt sound like a bitter ass old nygga when it comes to bp so id be surprised if he had any animosity towards coogler or ava.

In regards to Ava, she probably wouldve tackled and dissected race, gender and/or the affects of colonialism in afrika head on, as those would be the most sensitive topics that would make disney execs uncomfortable. Itd be an interesting idea but i personally feel coogler was the right person for the job.
:whew:

Yea Hudlin seems chill. His twitter page has a bunch of retweets by Boseman and other stuff giving him credit.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Am I the only one who liked Hudlin's Panther more than Priest's?

I have a soft spot for it too. The team of him and Romita Jr. was :blessed:

However, there is something that will forever be :russ:to me about Everett Ross sitting in a project apartment, being trolled by Mephisto with "The Devil's Pants"

Martin Freeman's character in CW was such a smug b*stard, I'd be super down to see him :mjcry:in the middle of some shyt he can't get out of in BP.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Arcs Of Excellence – Captain America Civil War Depiction of Black Heroism – FTESWL
Arcs Of Excellence – Captain America Civil War Depiction of Black Heroism

Thoughts Regarding The Depiction Of Black Heroism As Portrayed In Captain America:Civil War

Written by: Ziggiy

“Hiiipower: the three i’s represent heart, honor and respect. That’s how we carry ourselves in the world, period. Hiiipower, it basically is the simplest form of representing just being above all the madness, all the bullshyt. No matter what the world is going through, you’re always going to keep your dignity and carry yourself with this manner that it don’t phase you. Whatever you think negative is in your life. Overcoming that and still having that self-respect.

everybody raise three fingers in the air, the sky is falling the wind is calling, stand for something or die in the morning”

Kendrick Lamar

The concept of black heroism in mainstream American cinema has had a long, complex, and rather disappointing history. Often times, the “token” character of color within the genre of superhero films exists to serve one of two purposes, that to serve as comic relief or the “good friend” (servant) of the main protagonist on his/her path towards victory. 1998’s Blade, starring Wesley Snipes helped to establish a cunning, determined, and undeniably masculine and capable black hero within a world where only he possesses the capabilities to defeat vampiric entities hell bent on conquering the world. That film went onto gross more than $131.2 million worldwide, at the time considered a huge financial success, and spawning two more sequels. Ten years later, Will Smith’s Hancock; about a troubled amnesiac superhero struggling to rediscover his own sense of valor, grossed more than $620 million worldwide. These two examples could serve as proof that there is indeed an audience for black protagonists as leading material within the superhero/fantasy genre, and yet when Marvel Studios began laying the groundwork to birth their most popular comic properties into a full fledged cinematic universe, it would apparently take 7 years, 11 films, and over 9.3 BILLION DOLLARS in grosses before Kevin Feige (Studio Chief Of Marvel Films) and Disney decided it was time for Black protagonists to graduate from side-kick to lead. So when it was announced that Black Panther, the first Black superhero to debut in mainstream comics back in 1966, was to be featured prominently not only in Marvel’s 12th cinematic outing, Captain America: Civil War; but also star in his OWN forthcoming solo film, it was met with an outcry of jubilance….and also trepidation. This was not the first time a major Hollywood studio (Disney) had introduced a bonafide black “lead” character into the mythos of an enormously popular franchise, only to portray that character as an emasculated coward whose entire existence served to highlight the strengths of his white counterparts. And with that in mind, the less said about Star Wars: The Force Awakens Finn, the better.

:salute: @Ziggiy

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Coogler made a comeup :whew:

Went from Oakland to USC, USC to a passion film like Fruitvale, to a big budget cult classic remake like Creed, to an potential summer blockbuster like Black Panther. He probably wakes up everyday like :blessed:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Marvel Hoping To Shoot Parts Of BLACK PANTHER In Africa
Diversity is the name of the game with Black Panther. Director and co-writer Ryan Coogler (Creed) is African American as is fellow scribe Joe Robert Cole (The People v. O.J. Simpson). The cast meanwhile has attracted some amazing talent, including Chadwick Boseman, Lupita Nyong'o, and Michael B. Jordan, and it sounds like Marvel will make the movie even more authentic by shooting in Africa.

Talking to The Undefeated, Black Panther executive producer Nate Moore revealed: "We’ll do our stage work in Atlanta. And we’re definitely investigating shooting in Africa … both Marvel and Ryan feel that would be really good for the movie. We just haven’t drilled down on it yet." That promises to be very cool, and it will be interesting to see where in that continent they decide to shoot.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
BLAP2016003_cov.jpg

Black Panther #3
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • BRIAN STELFREEZE (A/C) CONNECTING VARIANT COVER C BY SANFORD GREENE VARIANT COVER BY KYLE BAKER • The most anticipated Marvel series since Whedon & Cassaday’s Astonishing X-Men! • The Midnight Angels continue the liberation of Wakanda with extreme prejudice, and T’Challa’s indecisions could cost him more than just the throne. • Coates and Stelfreeze weave a quintessential Black Panther tale that will change the tapestry of the Marvel Universe forever. 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Last edited:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
BLAP2016004_CATALOG-ONLY.jpg

BLACK PANTHER #4
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • BRIAN STELFREEZE (A/C) DEATH OF X VARIANT COVER BY TBA CONNECTING VARIANT COVER D BY SANFORD GREENE • “A NATION UNDER OUR FEET,” the first arc of the new hit BLACK PANTHER series, comes to a startling conclusion! • Suicide bombers terrorize the people of Wakanda, further eroding any last bits of goodwill towards the royal family… • T’Challa struggles to unite his citizens, who are choosing to side with Zenzi and The People in growing numbers… • A familiar villain reveals his part in T’Challa’s current ruination…and it’s not who you think! 32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99