Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Here's another video with a good breakdown if you didn't see it.

I've seen that breakdown before. I don't blame her for coming to that conclusion, but I really hope the Avengers aren't featured like that in the BP film. T'Challa and BP supporting cast has a great opportunity to shine and this should be their moment.

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
hope iron man somehow gets future interactions with wakanda and bp, maybe he figures out bucky is there after infinity wars
ByFcJJjCYAAr-bo.jpg

would be dope to see this armor

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
She's bringing some valid points and definitely worth checking.

She likely means well, and overall i don't disagree, but a bit selective in some of her points. For example, why compare Creed, which is essentially the 7th installment of the Rocky franchise -a franchise that had grown luke warm at best over the years- to the first Rocky, which was a major cultural event in a different era?

Why not compare Creed's 109 million domestic / 173 million world wide numbers to 2006's Rocky Balboa's 70 mil/155 mill total. Even with the 10 year inflation boost it's not going to be as ridiculous a disparity.

As for the 90% Afrikan/AA announcement thing, I'm a fan of that of course altho part me would have preferred some subtlety in them simply showing us that through continued casting, rather than throwing it out there like it's a thing, which it is in a sense but it also goes back to a general point she was making that i can understand... but that i'll put my own spin to it: they should make this a great superhero movie that champions black men and women in heroic/empowering positions. <--- that's all i want first and foremost. It's what i've always wanted.

Given that we're finally getting a big budget movie that's not about slavery or civil rights for once, and that is set in a fictional technological paradise in Afrika, i just want that ultimate escapism without any reminders about how much cacs piss me off or how corrupt some of our Afrikan countries back home are. Since it's geopolitical and MCU is in a "real world" type universe, it's understandable if they touch on certain topics on some subtle/well written tip but "Black Panther" is a character that any kid growing up could champion... b/c he's a fukking prince turned king tech ninja super soldier in a cool ass suit. I don't care if you're mexican, filipino, white, black or arab... as a kid you don't buy peter parker bruce wayne or t'challa toys, you buy spider-man, batman and black panther toys.. b/c they look cool and do cool things. And that's what i want audiences and especially kids walking away to feel about the BP movie. That Wakanda looks lit and BP looks lit and he's doing lit things