Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The Russo Bros. have admitted that they held back ALOT with T'Challa because they didn't want to impede on Ryan Coogler's vision for the solo film. So I am willing to give a pass to the "implied not shown" depiction of T'Challa's supreme intellect for this reason and also out of respect for Chadwick Boseman, who did a HELL of a job emoting the nobility and intelligence of T'Challa without even having to say a word.
And I get their reasoning.

But there was a lot of discussion after seeing the movie that BP was like Statham in Fast and Furious where he was just showing up every place outta nowhere. The zoom in of him in the jet after coincidently Stark deciding to go after Cap/Bucky created a lol.

Part of it is expectation vs. reality though. It didn't quiet meet my expectation. But that doesn't mean the reality was bad, it was still well done and these are nitpicks at most.

I'm sure Coogler will deliver with his own vision and thats all that matters.

Boseman did great for not given a lot to work with.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Priest is gonna have a similar post in 2 years slamming the BP movie for whatever glass half ass empty reasons he can nitpick:manny:
It could be the best black superhero movie and something hardcore bp fans love but Priest gon Priest. Thing is, he put in work in the comics (despite not fukkin with BP as a character), so i just let the old man cook and i KIM

What did Hudlin think of the movie tho? :jbhmm:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I def understand where he's coming from. But considering the circumstances in which we meet T'Challa, it wasn't going to be exactly like his version in the comics.

It's well known that the MCU often doesn't go lockstep with the comics. In this timeline, T'Chaka actually lived a long time, to the point that he retires from the BP mantle. Thus, Priest's T'Challa probably wasn't going to appear in this film.

Considering that MCU movies operate using the "real-life" timeline, the BP solo will appear almost two years after the events of Civil War. There's a very strong possibility that we indeed will see the more seasoned T'Challa that we are all familiar with at that point.

Sidenote: John Kani may not have been the most imposing cast decision as T'Chaka, but his interactions with T'Challa were a highlight to me. But that's just my opinion :manny:
Nothing wrong with the acting.

The issue there is the same one as Jimmy Olsen in BvS. If you're going to kill that character get a big name or known actor so it could be more shocking.

Also if they did cast one it would have allowed for some great flashbacks in the upcoming BP films. But hey..:yeshrug:

Brehs here had some great suggestions, but yea I couldn't buy the guy as T'Chaka....however he wasn't bad.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I pretty much agree with my BP-TC family with this. I understand where Priest is coming from but this is a comic book adaptation of the character.

I do agree with him about King T"Chaka being kind of wasted, but hopefully we will have some flashback scenes in the solo movie. Civil War is just an introduction, in the stand alone, Black Panther movie Coogler should be able go in depth and further flesh out all the characters in Wakanda.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
And I get their reasoning.

But there was a lot of discussion after seeing the movie that BP was like Statham in Fast and Furious where he was just showing up every place outta nowhere. The zoom in of him in the jet after coincidently Stark deciding to go after Cap/Bucky created a lol.

Part of it is expectation vs. reality though. It didn't quiet meet my expectation. But that doesn't mean the reality was bad, it was still well done and these are nitpicks at most.

I'm sure Coogler will deliver with his own vision and thats all that matters.

Boseman did great for not given a lot to work with.

I see it like this. CW was the set up and BP solo will be the payoff. If Coogler sticks the landing the way I fully expect him to, then I think BP's depiction in CW will be justified

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Priest is gonna have a similar post in 2 years slamming the BP movie for whatever glass half ass empty reasons he can nitpick:manny:
It could be the best black superhero movie and something hardcore bp fans love but Priest gon Priest. Thing is, he put in work in the comics (despite not fukkin with BP as a character), so i just let the old man cook and i KIM

What did Hudlin think of the movie tho? :jbhmm:

I think Hudlin would be more salty at Coogler than Priest..

There was a time people thought he'd get that job.

I'm interested in what Ava's original vision was though...or what source was she wanting that Marvel didn't want. :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Marvel_Knights_4_Vol_1_21.jpg
PiIJ58C.jpg

10 years later Reed's on some "you're one of my dearest friends T'Challa... we're like brothers... family. Kindred spirits from the beginning. :obama:"

T'Challa prob lookin back like ":sas2:.... Of course Reed :sas1:."

Translation:
Storm: You still outchea bein a hoe? You know you gotta drop them skanks if you wanna be with me :usure:
T'Challa: Whatchu mean bae? :dame: It aint even like that no mo' :jawalrus: (:duck:)

:dead::dead: T'Challa underrated man, they could've done so much more with him on some subtle foreigner swag when it came to the females

:dead:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I always wonder the same thing?:ohhh:

What creative difference that made her pass on this big opportunity:wtf:

The way CW did BP justice she might had some suspect ideas for BP:mjpls:

Probably would've made him hook up with BW to get a certain crowd at her side :mjpls:

Seriously though she was probably going for an SJW type flick and Marvel wasn't having it.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I am very curious as to what made her leave the film as well :patrice:. I remember her saying she liked his character in the movie a few weeks ago but man I'd like to get her personal opinion on what exactly happened.