Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
This is actually big because creed was insanely personal for him. I read an interview where he talks about how his dad got sick and the parallels of having to take care of a man who used to be the epitome of strength to you and relating it back to creed. This is big if this is even more personal for him.

Edit:

How Director Ryan Coogler’s Own Father-Son Saga Fueled ‘Rocky’ Revival ‘Creed’

Interview was originally in the creed thread but stuck with me since then. Great interview.
It seems every new film project is more personal than the last one on some prisoner of the moment type ish. I could understand creed being it but there is now way black panther is more personal than fruitvale station no way

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I do wish there were more black female superheroes who could be given a lead franchise. And, if there was say a Monica Rambeau/Spectrum movie, she could have a strong black male boyfriend, some well written black lgbt friends or siblings, some light bright/white/asian/hispanic friends, etc etc (whatever demographic you need included to appease whoever)... but i wouldn't want her being set up to be replaced by any of them. That's her franchise and her glory to sustain til the end, with everyone there to support her. I see it no different for Black Panther.

I'm rather pessimistic on that front. The closest person on paper who could lead a franchise is Storm, but her solo comic tanked and she's really not doing much in the movies, thus no one cares. Meanwhile, the MCU has be very slow in bringing in black female character. If I remember correctly, Civil War is the first time we saw a black female character in the MCU on the big screen. As for the Marvel side of the comics, its kinda wack on that front. There is Vixen in DC, but its as if DC is half-assing it. She's in arrow but she's sharing the screen time with a bunch of characters. Her animated series is there but isn't catching on as much as it could, probably due to its format.

Concerning Shuri, the best thing for her is to be involved in as many BP-related events as possible (comics, movies, video games, etc), continue to garner popularity, and eventually branch out into her own adventures as Princess Shuri. Thus, she'll have her own identity and adventures in a role that is exclusively hers--the Princess of Wakanda--and she can continue being a major boost to the BP franchise. Marvel appears to be doing just that and has included her prominently in the comics and also in video games. They should follow through and include her in the movie as well with a good showing.

Doing so results in the BP franchise having two popular characters (T'Challa and Shuri) that it can rely on to make things happen in various forms of media.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm rather pessimistic on that front. The closest person on paper who could lead a franchise is Storm, but her solo comic tanked and she's really not doing much in the movies, thus no one cares. Meanwhile, the MCU has be very slow in bringing in black female character. If I remember correctly, Civil War is the first time we saw a black female character in the MCU on the big screen. As for the Marvel side of the comics, its kinda wack on that front. There is Vixen in DC, but its as if DC is half-assing it. She's in arrow but she's sharing the screen time with a bunch of characters. Her animated series is there but isn't catching on as much as it could, probably due to its format.

Concerning Shuri, the best thing for her is to be involved in as many BP-related events as possible (comics, movies, video games, etc), continue to garner popularity, and eventually branch out into her own adventures as Princess Shuri. Thus, she'll have her own identity and adventures in a role that is exclusively hers--the Princess of Wakanda--and she can continue being a major boost to the BP franchise. Marvel appears to be doing just that and has included her prominently in the comics and also in video games. They should follow through and include her in the movie as well with a good showing.

Doing so results in the BP franchise having two popular characters (T'Challa and Shuri) that it can rely on to make things happen in various forms of media.

What you think about Misty Knight? While I've not read a lot, what I have, I did like of her tho, in part to her always having quite the likeness to my wife's physique and overall look (when she blows her hair out).

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
What you think about Misty Knight? While I've not read a lot, what I have, I did like of her tho, in part to her always having quite the likeness to my wife's physique and overall look (when she blows her hair out).

I like Misty Knight, but I'm not sure if she'll be big enough to become a lead of a franchise, nor do I think she'll get much THAT much promo anytime soon. Granted, things might change since she's about to be featured in the "Luke Cage" Netflix show, so who knows. She's already been featured in other comics as well recently, notably in the Sam Wilson / Capt. America comics. If she gets big, I'm all for it.

In Shuri's case, she's lucky because she's the second most popular character of a franchise that is getting major push right now in various mediums: comics (#1 selling comic in the country), video games (featured in marvel's lego avengers, among others), and movies (having the lead character of the franchise be featured well in Cap: Civil War, and said character has a really-hyped solo film with a critically acclaimed director, a highly-respected lead, an oscar-wining actress, a well-respected actor, and surely more top notch casting to come). Not to mention merchandise as well. That is a shyt ton of hype for any franchise to have.

If any black female character is could breakout and perhaps be that black female character that can lead her own franchise, it would be her. Her and T'Challa having their own thing can result in the BP franchise dominating the Blerd landscape for years to come.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It seems every new film project is more personal than the last one on some prisoner of the moment type ish. I could understand creed being it but there is now way black panther is more personal than fruitvale station no way

Cliche' it may sound or be, but most artist usually helm their newest work of art as their best, greatest and meaningful.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Coogler on directing the live action dumbo
"Yeah this one is definitely personal for me :troll: "

Ha but I can believe him on this one. I think he realizes how important this will be for the black subconscious seeing a well done royal portrayal of black people.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Thats fine and all but I`m not finna have BP be hijacked on day one. Christ can we enjoy Chadwick in the damn role before talking about him giving up the damn crown.
:martin:
Im sayin, i dont want bp gettin hijacked period. let alone in day 1.
IM got 3 movies, no compromise no replacement.
Cap 3 movies, no compromise, no replacemwnts
Thor 3 movies, and likely no compromise, no replacements

The idea of the first black male lead since blade being set up to be replaced... which ironically is what they tried to do with Blade 3... nah i just cant rock with the thought of that, let alone bein brought up b4 even the first film is out

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Im sayin, i dont want bp gettin hijacked period. let alone in day 1.
IM got 3 movies, no compromise no replacement.
Cap 3 movies, no compromise, no replacemwnts
Thor 3 movies, and likely no compromise, no replacements

The idea of the first black male lead since blade being set up to be replaced... which ironically is what they tried to do with Blade 3... nah i just cant rock with the thought of that, let alone bein brought up b4 even the first film is out
I can see it now.

*guy pitches idea in boardroom*

What about if Black Panther loses his throne and only through the help of Everett Ross is he able to gain back his seat as King" :skip:

*rest of suits in boardroom*

That just might work :jbhmm:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
People didn't even like when they replaced him either time in the comics, I doubt they would like it in the movie. Some people may like Shuri now but I can say strongly that about 70% of the fandom hated her back then and probably still do now to an extent and the same with Kasper Cole.

I hate that at the end of both runs there was this need to replace T'Challa. it pissed me off. no uncurable brain diseases, no getting humiliated and burnt alive by Dr. Doom... no making him fall back, like wtf.

If they want to make him a side kick whose more 'hood' and light skinned... fine. Want to champion a female of color character, cool... but dont make him the sacrifical lamb for these other agendas

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Make her White Wolf but with Shurri charaterisation problem solved :yeshrug:

She can be whatever character that doesnt involve Bp getting his ass kicked, humbled and embarrassed just so she can have the juice... like how they did in the comics.

DM leader, HT leader, mystical priests leader, or just a charismatic impulsive young sister who talks shyt, i dont care. it can go several ways with her, theres just one way i dont want it going..

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
has this been posted yet? This account is dope.

Watchin' that video made me really wanna see Taskmaster as a villian for Black Panther somewhere down the line.

Black Panther's fighting abilities put to the test against somebody whose just as strong hand to hand but also has to ability to fight him the same way he can and would highlight Panther's intelligence figuring out a way to combat that fighting style.

I need Marvel vs Capcom 4 to be announced :francis: :sadbron: :to: