wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This is actually big because creed was insanely personal for him. I read an interview where he talks about how his dad got sick and the parallels of having to take care of a man who used to be the epitome of strength to you and relating it back to creed. This is big if this is even more personal for him.

Edit:

How Director Ryan Coogler’s Own Father-Son Saga Fueled ‘Rocky’ Revival ‘Creed’

Interview was originally in the creed thread but stuck with me since then. Great interview.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
y'all dudes need to stick to being forum posters sonf leave movie making to pros. Aint nobody tryna see Chadwick be dethroned as BP in the first damn movie
:mjlol:

Marvel aren't doing mantles in these films, some of you need to come off that bs. It aint ever happening.

T'Challa is and will always be The Black Panther.

Steve Rogers is and will always be Captain America.

Tony Stark is and will always be Iron Man.

I prefer T'Challa be Black Panther and King of Wakanda for the entirety of his MCU run. No losing his title, crown or any of that bs. RDJ got 8+ years and going on strong, I don't want anything less for Chadwick.

There is a place for Shuri to shine (it's not one extreme or the other) and gon ahead put the princess in the movie if it'll make people happy... but all this lowkey trying to have her replace BP and be head honcho... nah son.

I do wish there were more black female superheroes who could be given a lead franchise. And, if there was say a Monica Rambeau/Spectrum movie, she could have a strong black male boyfriend, some well written black lgbt friends or siblings, some light bright/white/asian/hispanic friends, etc etc (whatever demographic you need included to appease whoever)... but i wouldn't want her being set up to be replaced by any of them. That's her franchise and her glory to sustain til the end, with everyone there to support her. I see it no different for Black Panther.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I prefer T'Challa be Black Panther and King of Wakanda for the entirety of his MCU run. No losing his title, crown or any of that bs. RDJ got 8+ years and going on strong, I don't want anything less for Chadwick.

There is a place for Shuri to shine (it's not one extreme or the other) and gon ahead put the princess in the movie if it'll make people happy... but all this lowkey trying to have her replace BP and be head honcho... nah son.

I do wish there were more black female superheroes who could be given a lead franchise. And, if there was say a Monica Rambeau/Spectrum movie, she could have a strong black male boyfriend, some well written black lgbt friends or siblings, some light bright/white/asian/hispanic friends, etc etc (whatever demographic you need included to appease whoever)... but i wouldn't want her being set up to be replaced by any of them. That's her franchise and her glory to sustain til the end, with everyone there to support her. I see it no different for Black Panther.

Thats fine and all but I`m not finna have BP be hijacked on day one. Christ can we enjoy Chadwick in the damn role before talking about him giving up the damn crown.
:martin:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

People didn't even like when they replaced him either time in the comics, I doubt they would like it in the movie. Some people may like Shuri now but I can say strongly that about 70% of the fandom hated her back then and probably still do now to an extent and the same with Kasper Cole.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Make her White Wolf but with Shurri charaterisation problem solved :yeshrug:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Naw not her, I want a African-American woman to play Monica Rambeu

If Lupita is the love interest than I want a character to be African

Or a Dora Milaje, perhaps? :jbhmm:

Marvel has definitely combined characters before so :manny:

Lupita seems a little too big for that part honestly :ld:I'd prefer Shuri but depending on how she's written I won't complain :myman:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

As a big Shuri fan who enjoyed her time as a BP, especially during the Liss and Hickman run, I cosign this.

T'Challa is finally getting his shine and is bringing a humongous boost to the BP franchise. Replacing him is a major mistake and does not benefit the BP franchise in the long term.

What Shuri fans should be pushing for in the long term is for her to become the "IT" black female superhero, as Princess Shuri of Wakanda. That lane is wide open right now, especially in the movie arena, and Shuri can fill in that void. She has the skills, intelligence, and personality to do so. Add her royal lineage and that makes her different from the pack. All she needs is an opportunity to shine and good moments.

Rather than replacing T'Challa, both characters should be used to boost the franchise. T'Challa has already been embraced by the brehs and a lot of brehettes. Shuri is gaining traction among the brehettes and can definitely be an appealing character to a lot of brehs. Together, they can bring to the BP franchise the strong and long term support of black fans, both male AND female, as well as support from the general audience.

Both characters can coexist and help the BP franchise rise to the top.

Last edited: