PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:dead: this movie really might could do numbers :dead:

#BlackPantherSoLit is the best advertising they could ask for, it's complimentary, fan generated and most importantly - free.

Lowkey - I think it might fukk around and pull a Deadpool and make some decent paper. If any of the CBM's dropping that year are a dark horse, it's a toss up between this and Aquaman.

If Marvel somehow finds a way to make a classic Black movie alongside all the other piff they've given us. :mindblown:

That opening night 'Nikkas V Nerds' face off :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

Guaranteed there's at least one report of a strip club which has a couple of the chicks shave their heads like the Dora Milaje for Wakanda theme night :takedat:

Grandmothers putting up pictures of T'challa in the crib next to Malcolm and Martin. :mjcry:
I don't know if White people are ready for all that talking in the theatre:mjpls:

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
fa8krq.jpg

:snoop:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
#BlackPantherSoLit is the best advertising they could ask for, it's complimentary, fan generated and most importantly - free.

Lowkey - I think it might fukk around and pull a Deadpool and make some decent paper. If any of the CBM's dropping that year are a dark horse, it's a toss up between this and Aquaman.

If Marvel somehow finds a way to make a classic Black movie alongside all the other piff they've given us. :mindblown:

Guaranteed there's at least one report of a strip club which has a couple of the chicks shave their heads like the Dora Milaje for Wakanda theme night :takedat:

Grandmothers putting up pictures of T'challa in the crib next to Malcolm and Martin. :mjcry:
I don't know if White people are ready for all that talking in the theatre:mjpls:
True :wow:

And the memes :ohlawd: him whooping somebody ass with MLK Jr. laughing in the background :mjlol:

This will really be big and allow them to basically establish a foothold for the new generation of a black superhero. They won't be thinking of cyborg or green lantern but black panther :wow:

Sounds like a coli poster. I mean we just did have a thread calling him a docile negro and another thread shytting on him so imagine what a feature film will produce. We gonna have to remember while a lot of us are ready for this there will be many (with some black people sprinkled in) that will be against this portrayal of black excellence heavily.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
True :wow:

And the memes :ohlawd: him whooping somebody ass with MLK Jr. laughing in the background :mjlol:

This will really be big and allow them to basically establish a foothold for the new generation of a black superhero. They won't be thinking of cyborg or green lantern but black panther :wow:

John Stewart deserves a shot at being the main character in a GL movie. It couldn't be worse than what came before. :manny:

Cyborg might end up in the bushes though, unless Ray Fisher is some kind of special. B v S is his first movie credit too. When it comes down to it - do they really trust him with a franchise? :patrice:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Breh, the fans have been marketing the movie for a minute. Recall that there was a breh that did the mock magazine covers featuring T'Challa in Time magazine, Wired, GQ, and so on.

The BP franchise easily has one of the best fanbases, the brehs and brehettes are very involved, active, and feel part of it. shyt is awesome :wow:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
There's always that one dude :snoop:

T'Challa and his supporting cast walking the walk >>>>> talking the talk.

They are African, of course they know they are black. If anything, they would be bigging up the fact that they are Wakandan in particular.
Yea that was extreme.

But I will say that after watching the movie I can see why Ava passed on directing this. Coogler had to adapt to whats put in place, but still try and put his spin on it. However, what they are presenting I think Coogler can deliver a classic.

“Ryan came in and watched the movie,” Marvel Studios President and Civil War producer Kevin Feige told io9. “We did a little bit of additional photography here and there and Ryan did a pass at a couple of those scenes. So there’s a line or two that Panther says in the movie that Ryan contributed to. [Civil War screenwriters] Chris [Markus] and Steve [McFeely] absorbed it into their draft, put their spin on it and words to it, but Ryan has started to be involved in earlier cuts of this movie.”
http://io9.gizmodo.com/black-panther-director-ryan-coogler-helped-with-the-cha-1770267450

It was just different than what I expected. But what I got wasn't bad. It was still really good.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I mean BP was dope in the movie. But more so for his fighting and presence. I'm excited for this movie because of the history and Coogler directing.

However, he only had 28 lines in Civil War. 3 more than Hawkeye and 1 more than War Marchine.
Lines of dialogue each (superhero) character had in Captain America: Civil War

I mean the movie wasn't about him so I had no problems with it. No reason to go to the extremes that some people have gone. However, I could understand if some people expected a bit more going on with the character.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel's "Black Panther" Cast Will Be 90% African or African-American

Posted: 38 minutes ago | Updated: 2 minutes ago

With reports this week that Michael B. Jordan and Lupita Nyong'o are set join Chadwick Boseman in "Black Panther," the 2018 Marvel film is clearly assembling an impressive cast. However, they may only be the tip of the iceberg.

"That will be among the best ensembles we've ever had," Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige recently told The Empire Film Podcast, "and 90 percent of the cast is either African or African-American."

Considering that Black Panther, Marvel Comics' first black superhero, is the king of the technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda, Feige's statement might seem obvious: Of course a majority of the actors will be African or African-American. However, it comes as Marvel addresses whitewashing accusations in its casting of Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One in "Doctor Strange," DreamWorks faces similar criticisms for its remake of "Ghost in the Shell," and Hollywood studios are under increased scrutiny for a lack of diversity in front of and behind the camera.

When it was pointed out in the interview that having a superhero film with an African character in the lead is "a huge step for Marvel," Feige replied, "It's a step that Marvel took many years ago in the comics as well, and it felt like it's more than due time to do that in the movie."

"Black Panther" is directed by Ryan Coogler ("Creed"), whom Feige called a "pretty astounding filmmaker," from a script he co-wrote with Joe Robert Cole. The film opens Feb. 16, 2018.

:wow: