Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Seeing such unity for this character with black people right now has me:banderas:let them c00ns and racists feel how they feel. If BP puts up Ant Man numbers or better and straight up goes for the jugular like Deadpool does average white people :umad:white nerds have always supported the gawd though I have to say. I've seen his name thrown around for years especially when Avengers 1 dropped and phase 1 was finished:ehh:. Black people coming out in droves for this flick:obama:

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I mean BP was dope in the movie. But more so for his fighting and presence. I'm excited for this movie because of the history and Coogler directing.

However, he only had 28 lines in Civil War. 3 more than Hawkeye and 1 more than War Marchine.
Lines of dialogue each (superhero) character had in Captain America: Civil War

I mean the movie wasn't about him so I had no problems with it. No reason to go to the extremes that some people have gone. However, I could understand if some people expected a bit more going on with the character.

It goes to show you how a character can be really impactful without having too many lines.

That he only had 1-4 more lines than Hawkeye and War Machine, yet he completely overshadowed both of them, says a lot.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Marvel's "Black Panther" Cast Will Be 90% African or African-American

Posted: 38 minutes ago | Updated: 2 minutes ago

With reports this week that Michael B. Jordan and Lupita Nyong'o are set join Chadwick Boseman in "Black Panther," the 2018 Marvel film is clearly assembling an impressive cast. However, they may only be the tip of the iceberg.

"That will be among the best ensembles we've ever had," Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige recently told The Empire Film Podcast, "and 90 percent of the cast is either African or African-American."

Considering that Black Panther, Marvel Comics' first black superhero, is the king of the technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda, Feige's statement might seem obvious: Of course a majority of the actors will be African or African-American. However, it comes as Marvel addresses whitewashing accusations in its casting of Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One in "Doctor Strange," DreamWorks faces similar criticisms for its remake of "Ghost in the Shell," and Hollywood studios are under increased scrutiny for a lack of diversity in front of and behind the camera.

When it was pointed out in the interview that having a superhero film with an African character in the lead is "a huge step for Marvel," Feige replied, "It's a step that Marvel took many years ago in the comics as well, and it felt like it's more than due time to do that in the movie."

"Black Panther" is directed by Ryan Coogler ("Creed"), whom Feige called a "pretty astounding filmmaker," from a script he co-wrote with Joe Robert Cole. The film opens Feb. 16, 2018.

Feige might actually get it :ohhh:

:wow: #Feigewoke

The fact that many cacs liked BP in this movie surprised the shyt outta me too to be honest

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It goes to show you how a character can be really impactful without having too many lines.

That he only had 1-4 more lines than Hawkeye and War Machine, yet he completely overshadowed both of them, says a lot.
Oh for sure.

However, if I'm being honest. Its part of the reason why I didn't see him as the MVP of the movie. I found Stark, Bucky, Spiderman and its a tossup with Falcon.

Again. Not that its something wrong with him. They were just really good and given more to work with. I saw a comparison of BP to Boba Fett. He's the most interesting character that really only does a couple things.

Having said that I'd rather they keep his story simple than fukk up something for future movies. So I'm glad they didn't explore a lot of his background/Wakanda if they weren't sure they were capable of pulling it off without their director in place.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Depending on how Everett Ross is porrtrayed in this movie, Martin Freeman is either going down as the WOAT White man in history or he'll be able to walk into any Red Lobster in America on a Friday and have the whole place going HAM. :wow:

na....... he wont make or break the movie no more than Happy did Ironman

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Marvel's "Black Panther" Cast Will Be 90% African or African-American

Posted: 38 minutes ago | Updated: 2 minutes ago

With reports this week that Michael B. Jordan and Lupita Nyong'o are set join Chadwick Boseman in "Black Panther," the 2018 Marvel film is clearly assembling an impressive cast. However, they may only be the tip of the iceberg.

"That will be among the best ensembles we've ever had," Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige recently told The Empire Film Podcast, "and 90 percent of the cast is either African or African-American."

Considering that Black Panther, Marvel Comics' first black superhero, is the king of the technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda, Feige's statement might seem obvious: Of course a majority of the actors will be African or African-American. However, it comes as Marvel addresses whitewashing accusations in its casting of Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One in "Doctor Strange," DreamWorks faces similar criticisms for its remake of "Ghost in the Shell," and Hollywood studios are under increased scrutiny for a lack of diversity in front of and behind the camera.

When it was pointed out in the interview that having a superhero film with an African character in the lead is "a huge step for Marvel," Feige replied, "It's a step that Marvel took many years ago in the comics as well, and it felt like it's more than due time to do that in the movie."

"Black Panther" is directed by Ryan Coogler ("Creed"), whom Feige called a "pretty astounding filmmaker," from a script he co-wrote with Joe Robert Cole. The film opens Feb. 16, 2018.

No Hunter or other Shoe-horned in Cacs:blessed:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
CiZO-ebUoAATDgv.jpg

:whoo::whew::banderas::lawd:

The cast is looking so right, So much Super Hero Black Execellence. I'm glad Michael B will get his redempetion from that Fantastic Four mess that wasn't even his fault.

MJB went through all that racism because the fanboys wanted Johnny Storm to stay Lilly white.

Then the movie dropped and was so bad it had everybody like

Then the homie Ryan Coogler and Marvel came along with Black Panther stimulus plan like

Now MJB gets the role he deserved, alongside Chadwicke and Lupita. Black Excellence is going to flow from this movie like

Clap for em brehs. Salute the bosses

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
MJB went through all that racism because the fanboys wanted Johnny Storm to stay Lilly white.

Then the movie dropped and was so bad it had everybody like

Then the homie Ryan Coogler and Marvel came along with Black Panther stimulus plan like

Now MJB gets the role he deserved, alongside Chadwicke and Lupita. Black Excellence is going to flow from this movie like

Clap for em brehs. Salute the bosses

Gif execution :ehh: