Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:patrice: Micheal B idk loved him in Creed, but idk about a villian in Creed. Anyhow Coogler needs to find a way get these two two sista's Ashley Blaine Teyonah Parris in Black Panther:noah:.

Teyonah Parris was my fan casting for Monica Rambeu AKA Spectrum, who I was hoping they'd cast as T'Challa's love interest. Now that Lupita is being cast as the love interest I'm struggling to think who she could play that would be a meaty enough role, maybe a Dora Milaje?

Ashley Blaine simply needs to be cast as my wife:noah:

blalienz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
please give this guy a villain role:lolbron:
28eb2b545420218699b051e7cd38aaf4.jpg

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Teyonah Parris was my fan casting for Monica Rambeu AKA Spectrum, who I was hoping they'd cast as T'Challa's love interest. Now that Lupita is being cast as the love interest I'm struggling to think who she could play that would be a meaty enough role, maybe a Dora Milaje?

Danai from Walking Dead?:patrice:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What about?

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I think you've misunderstood my post. I'm happy that Lupita is in the film, I've said that many times already. I've clearly said I am fine with Lupita being the love interest, if that's what she'll be, I've said that already in a previous post. I do hope that the role she gets as a love interest is more than just shacking up with T'Challa, which is very possible. I have absolutely zero problems with black love in the big screen--I encourage it in fact, especially in the case of T'Challa--and I do hope that T'Challa does indeed get a black love interest, whether it is Lupita in the end or someone who even looks like her in someway, or someone else entirely. But they have to be black with no ambiguity. That has been my stance on the love interest role from the jump.

The reason why so many people are hoping Lupita would be Shuri instead is because damn near all of BP fandom has been fan-casting Lupita for the Shuri role for years now. Lupita is a great actress with a big name that many were hoping to play a super hero one day. It just so happens that there is a comic book character that is a highly-trained, highly-educated african warrior princess that becomes a "superhero" and even the Queen of her country and also happens to actually look like Lupita. That's Shuri in a nutshell. She's far more than just "background noise" in the comics, she actually is very important in it.

I also feel that under the right creative team, Shuri could def be Black Widow status, or even more. She def can be a character that black girls and black women in particular can absolutely look up to, the same way black boys and black men look up to T'Challa.

If Lupita is indeed the love interest, Monica Lynne or otherwise, then its all good. If so, I just hope that the love interest role will be impactful and will have a lot of meat to it.

My bad breh, I'm just so used to :mjpls: within geek fandom that I immediately jumped to that conclusion....:mjcry:

I feel what you're saying, Lupita deserves a meaty role regardless of what it is.

I just really hope that BP does in fact get a black love interest and that this is a big part of his characterization.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
He'd be better served as Kilmonger because Kilmonger is one of Panther's arch nemesis's and a recurring one at that. MJB is a pretty big name and signing him for multiple films would be in the best interests of the franchise
Do you think he's physically big enough to play Killmonger, assuming they go with his original iteration?