Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
So who catches the fade from the panther in Civil War?
He has on on ones with Cap, Hawkeye, and Cap but the fights usually get interfered so there isn't really a true winner. They each get their shots in but they teased Panther enough to let you know he's more than he appears. mad we have to wait two years for his flick though ughhh

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
So who catches the fade from the panther in Civil War?

They make it slightly indecisive when he fights people but the 2 people he had on the ropes from my point of view were Bucky and Hawkeye. Matter fact Bucky would've been killed had by Panther had it not been for Scarlet Witch saving him.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He has on on ones with Cap, Hawkeye, and Cap but the fights usually get interfered so there isn't really a true winner. They each get their shots in but they teased Panther enough to let you know he's more than he appears. mad we have to wait two years for his flick though ughhh

Good summary by @Ironman. Considering his role in the film, it was the best approach and showed enough (without going too far) to have the audience enticed for the solo film.

Can't wait for the solo film. It's gonna be kinda unusual, seeing THAT many black folks in a superhero movie :russ:.

That law of three (word to the late, great, Dwayne McDuffie) is gonna be rendered obsolete lol.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good summary by @Ironman. Considering his role in the film, it was the best approach and showed enough (without going too far) to have the audience enticed for the solo film.

Can't wait for the solo film. It's gonna be kinda unusual, seeing THAT many black folks in a superhero movie :russ:.

That law of three (word to the late, great, Dwayne McDuffie) is gonna be rendered obsolete lol.
Bruh seeing Sam, Rhodes and T'Challa in the same scenes freaked me out.

This is the first MCU movie with black women in it. Like period. There weren't even black female extras before.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Bruh seeing Sam, Rhodes and T'Challa in the same scenes freaked me out.

This is the first MCU movie with black women in it. Like period. There weren't even black female extras before.

Damn, that's true. :ohhh:

Maann, the brehettes are gonna eat real good in the BP movie. Shuri, the Doras (all of them AND specific individuals like Nakia, Okoye, and Aneka), Ramonda, and possibly Monica Lynne (or another love interest).

2018 is gonna be crazy. Coogler directing feels more and more like the right fit, when you really think about it.

EDIT: Best part about the female characters: damn near all of them are highly competent, and all of them are unique in their own way. They are either royalty (Ramonda), warriors (the Doras), or both (Shuri). Then you have the love interest, which they are go several ways with it (normal human, highly-trained warrior, or superhero).

shyt's is gonna be very, very interesting on that front.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

They really didn't hold back with the character and I wasn't expecting him to be established as

the best fighter. He took down Cap, Bucky, Falcon and Hawkeye in combat. They all needed interruptions to get away from him :russ:

blalienz

#AGP #HGC
Daps
Reppin
Planet Namek , Outer Space
as for this movie:

as much as I think this is a cool character and marvel will always get props from me for pushing him as hard as they did initially(1st major black comic hero), i've held my excitement back for this movie...just have this feeling they not really gonna let the movie be as pro-black/dominated as it should be...think they gonna add in some white savior to save him at the end.....hope they prove me wrong...anyway, chad killed the scenes he was in, was able to pull off panther, so that's a good start....gonna have to wait and see...
:mjpls:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, that's true. :ohhh:

Maann, the brehettes are gonna eat real good in the BP movie. Shuri, the Doras (all of them AND specific individuals like Nakia, Okoye, and Aneka), Ramonda, and possibly Monica Lynne (or another love interest).

2018 is gonna be crazy. Coogler directing feels more and more like the right fit, when you really think about it.

EDIT: Best part about the female characters: damn near ALL of them are highly competent in their own way. They are either royalty (Ramonda), warriors (the Doras), or both (Shuri). Then you have the love interest, which they are go several ways with it (normal human, highly-trained warrior, or superhero).

shyt's is gonna be very, very interesting on that front.

I really appreciate the fact that they did not white wash the Security Chief either.

Nicole Beharie is Monica Lynne. I dont know if anyone here has seen "42" but her chemistry with Chadwick was perfect, AND she can sing in real life. It's like a no brainier.

If not Nicole, another beautiful brown skinned black actress. I really don't want them giving Chadwick a "light bright" love interest.

I hope his love interest is 'normal' to bring more balance since there will be so many 'super' supporting characters.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I really appreciate the fact that they did not white wash the Security Chief either.

Nicole Beharie is Monica Lynne. I dont know if anyone here has seen "42" but her chemistry with Chadwick was perfect, AND she can sing in real life. It's like a no brainier.

If not Nicole, another beautiful brown skinned black actress. I really don't want them giving Chadwick a "light bright" love interest.

I hope his love interest is 'normal' to bring more balance since there will be so many 'super' supporting characters.

Nicole as Monica Lynne would be fine by me. Her and Chadwick work very well together. Word to "42," like you mentioned. :obama:

I do hope they boost her up a bit somewhat. She can be a singer who was taught self-defense at some point. That would be a start.

Cuz if not, the Wakandan women are gonna look at her like :usure:. I mean, one Dora stepped up to Black Widow off GP, they ain't gonna be scared of Monica Lynne lol

Last edited: