Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Rumor: There'll Be Four Major Female Roles In The Black Panther Movie
dora_milaje-doom.jpg

Although 2018 is still a ways off, Marvel Studios is hard at work at the upcoming Black Panther movie, which should go into pre-production in September of this year. As it stands, we know that Ryan Cooglerhas signed on to direct the film which was written by Joe Robert Cole. And, of course, Chadwick Boseman, who will make his debut as the character in next month’s Captain America: Civil War, will portray the titular character in the 2018 film. Unfortunately, that’s about all we know for certain at this stage. But it appears that may soon change. During today’s Heroic Insider, Umberto Gonzalez revealed that there are apparently fourmajor female roles in the Black Pantherfilm.

What roles could these be? Well, one would expect Shuri to be one of those four, with Shuri’s mother, Queen Ramonda being another. A third option would be N’Yami, T’Challa’s mother, who died during childbirth – of course, this would only make sense should they do flashbacks. So what about that fourth role? Remember how everyone assumed that mysterious woman from the cave scene featured in the trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultroncould be a member of the Dora Milaje? That, of course, turned out not to be the case, but I would expect them to appear in the solo Black Panther film.

Although this is a rumor for now, it’s more than likely we’ll begin hearing some official details concerning the film over the coming months. What roles do you think Umberto is hinting at? And what actresses would you like to see cast? Sound off in the comments below!

Black Panther is set to hit movie theaters on February 16, 2018.

Source: Heroic Insider.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
dora_milaje-doom.jpg

Although 2018 is still a ways off, Marvel Studios is hard at work at the upcoming Black Panther movie, which should go into pre-production in September of this year. As it stands, we know that Ryan Cooglerhas signed on to direct the film which was written by Joe Robert Cole. And, of course, Chadwick Boseman, who will make his debut as the character in next month’s Captain America: Civil War, will portray the titular character in the 2018 film. Unfortunately, that’s about all we know for certain at this stage. But it appears that may soon change. During today’s Heroic Insider, Umberto Gonzalez revealed that there are apparently fourmajor female roles in the Black Pantherfilm.

What roles could these be? Well, one would expect Shuri to be one of those four, with Shuri’s mother, Queen Ramonda being another. A third option would be N’Yami, T’Challa’s mother, who died during childbirth – of course, this would only make sense should they do flashbacks. So what about that fourth role? Remember how everyone assumed that mysterious woman from the cave scene featured in the trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultroncould be a member of the Dora Milaje? That, of course, turned out not to be the case, but I would expect them to appear in the solo Black Panther film.

Although this is a rumor for now, it’s more than likely we’ll begin hearing some official details concerning the film over the coming months. What roles do you think Umberto is hinting at? And what actresses would you like to see cast? Sound off in the comments below!

DEFINITELY Ramonda. Played by

Love interest (whether it be Monica or a Dorae Millaje) Played by

Not entirely sure Shuri will be a factor in the cinematic version, but if so played by

If we think about a 4th I'd say it would need to be a Dora Millaje, just so we have a mouth piece for the elite guard who will be by T'Challa's side at all times. With that in mind I'm thinking

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
DEFINITELY Ramonda. Played by

Love interest (whether it be Monica or a Dorae Millaje) Played by

Not entirely sure Shuri will be a factor in the cinematic version, but if so played by

If we think about a 4th I'd say it would need to be a Dora Millaje, just so we have a mouth piece for the elite guard who will be by T'Challa's side at all times. With that in mind I'm thinking

I think you more or less nailed it.

Ramonda the Queen mother.

Monica Lynne, the love interest from Georgia.

Shuri, the Princess of Wakanda.

and a Dora Milaje that will represent the all-female unit.

The brehettes gonna eat real good off of this :obama:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
dora_milaje-doom.jpg

yes_snoop_dogg.gif

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
T'Challa gonna have to clean up the streets of Wakanda's outer city ghettos

T'Challa up in these streets checking criminals like...

tumblr_n1iwk5BiUR1tsh9bxo1_400.gif

Breh better be clean up the streets and be on that Judge Dredd shyt (within reason).

Low key, Wakanda is lucky is T'Challa running the show. Shuri or the OG panthers would've had much less finesse in such a situation. Bodies would've been caught.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
T'Challa up in these streets checking criminals like...

tumblr_n1iwk5BiUR1tsh9bxo1_400.gif

Breh better be clean up the streets and be on that Judge Dredd shyt (within reason).

Low key, Wakanda is lucky is T'Challa running the show. Shuri or the OG panthers would've had much less finesse in such a situation. Bodies would've been caught.
I think that's why he is. T'challa is the most level headed Panther when it comes to punishment. (Except that time his dad adopted Hunter:beli:) Shuri was like kill em all and let Bast sort em out.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I think that's why he is. T'challa is the most level headed Panther when it comes to punishment. (Except that time his dad adopted Hunter:beli:) Shuri was like kill em all and let Bast sort em out.

Assuming T'Challa hits the streets, he would be mad methodical with it. Breh already has experience with it via his time in Hell's Kitchen.

Shuri would've been on her "Bast forgives, I don't" shyt.

Sidenote: I always found it somewhat interesting that T'Chaka outsourced the gooning to a white man. T'Chaka did spit that real shyt about white people to Cap when they met in the Priest run.

T'Chaka prolly watched Hunter growing up like :jawalrus:.

Hunter more than delivered. That dude ended up the goon of goons in the BP-verse.

T'Chaka is very underrated when you think about it.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Assuming T'Challa hits the streets, he would be mad methodical with it. Breh already has experience with it via his time in Hell's Kitchen.

Shuri would've been on her "Bast forgives, I don't" shyt.

Sidenote: I always found it somewhat interesting that T'Chaka outsourced the gooning to a white man. T'Chaka did spit that real shyt about white people to Cap when they met in the Priest run.

T'Chaka prolly watched Hunter growing up like :jawalrus:.

Hunter more than delivered. That dude ended up the goon of goons in the BP-verse.

T'Chaka is very underrated when you think about it.
I'm surprised T'challa didn't do the same to Casper Cole on some.
T'challa: "Get it done, I don't wanna know how, just do it.":birdman:

Casper: I got you boss, bout that action.:demonic:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm surprised T'challa didn't do the same to Casper Cole on some.
T'challa: "Get it done, I don't wanna know how, just do it.":birdman:

Casper: I got you boss, bout that action.:demonic:

Simply put, T'Challa isn't like his father. He's a very principled dude and he generally sticks to them. T'Chaka low key raised him that way too.

It's quite interesting how T'Chaka's children ended up due to their father's decisions. T'Chaka wanted T'Challa to peep the outside world, so that Wakanda has eyes on whats going on out there and how the outside world operates. T'Chaka bred Hunter into a full-fledged goon who would do the craziest shyt to ensure Wakanda's safety, if ordered. He then kept Shuri in Wakanda and made sure she was educated there, and she ends up being more of a traditionalist and more pro-Wakandan than T'Challa.

T'Chaka's mad underrated. Very forward thinking guy.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Simply put, T'Challa isn't like his father. He's a very principled dude and he generally sticks to them. T'Chaka low key raised him that way too.

It's quite interesting how T'Chaka's children ended up due to their father's decisions. T'Chaka wanted T'Challa to peep the outside world, so that Wakanda has eyes on whats going on out there and how the outside world operates. T'Chaka bred Hunter into a full-fledged goon who would do the craziest shyt to ensure Wakanda's safety, if ordered. He then kept Shuri in Wakanda and made sure she was educated there, and she ends up being more of a traditionalist and more pro-Wakandan than T'Challa.

T'Chaka's mad underrated
A great father and king to be sure. But him berating his son kinda got to me. You can't throw him out into the world and expect him to not be a little influenced by it.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
A great father and king to be sure. But him berating his son kinda got to me. You can't throw him out into the world and expect him to not be a little influenced by it.

Breh, that scene still hurts me to this day. It really does.

Part of it was because of Hickman's pen, but I think T'Chaka ultimately miscalculated what kind of guy T'Challa was in the end. I kinda wish we saw the reactions of the OG panthers after T'Challa's decision. T'Chaka must've been disappointing as hell.

The OG Panthers must've looked at T'Chaka like :francis:.

I hope and T'Chaka and T'Challa will reconcile one day, but I honestly doubt it'll ever happen. T'Chaka felt super betrayed. shyt looked like the point of no return.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Breh, that scene still hurts me to this day. It really does.

Part of it was because of Hickman's pen, but I think T'Chaka ultimately miscalculated what kind of guy T'Challa was in the end. I kinda wish we saw the reactions of the OG panthers after T'Challa's decision. T'Chaka must've been disappointing as hell.

The OG Panthers must've looked at T'Chaka like :francis:.

I hope and T'Chaka and T'Challa will reconcile one day, but I honestly doubt it'll ever happen. T'Chaka felt super betrayed. shyt looked like the point of no return.
I wonder if it was Hickman or editorial though. Marvel has cracked the whip on certain occasions. Here's the thing also. Hunter did most of T'Chaka's killing ect. He had to pull the trigger but he never was ending lives by his own hand like that and not killing worlds. Plus I think his having to break from Storm hurt him more than we're actually told. And he had to do all this in the name, of the crown. How heart breaking must it be to, tell the woman you love, I'm ending this shyt cause you're on the wrong side of this... but Sue and Reed still together though.:mjpls: