Wakanda
Oh no.... I know EXACTLY what I was doing:youngsabo:

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
That's some crazy as numbers :whoo:

For those wondering what that means:

-The 300k is how many of the first issue retailers have bought.

-That 300k is BIG. Damn near "Star Wars" numbers.

-Such a big number means the hype is real. Expect some pretty good sales for at the least the first issue. It might even beat the marriage issue, when Storm and Black Panther got married. The marriage issue sold about 70k. If this #1 goes any higher than that, or even close to it, its a humongous victory.

Good times, brehs :wow:
It already beat the marriage issue lol it's right there in the title

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It already beat the marriage issue lol it's right there in the title

That's retailers buying it. I'm talking about customers themselves buying the #1, which is were the marriage issue numbers come from.

That 300k means that retailers are anticipating really high demand, which is great. We won't know what the official number of issues bought by readers will be until after the issue comes out. Hopefully customers follow through with the hype.

With that said, the entire Coates run, imo, will do really well via digital. But they don't release those numbers apparently.

And of course, if the official numbers are anywhere close to 300k.......wow:mjcry:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
That's retailers buying it. I'm talking about customers themselves buying the #1, which is were the marriage issue numbers come from.

That 300k means that retailers are anticipating really high demand, which is great. We won't know what the official number of issues bought by readers will be until after the issue comes out. Hopefully customers follow through with the hype.

With that said, the entire Coates run, imo, will do really well via digital. But they don't release those numbers apparently.

And of course, if the official numbers are anywhere close to 300k.......wow:mjcry:
The marriage issue numbers are what retailers ordered its impossible to know the sales sold to customers. The monthly sales figures are the number of copies sold to retailers in North America by Diamond.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The marriage issue numbers are what retailers ordered its impossible to know the sales sold to customers. The monthly sales figures are the number of copies sold to retailers in North America by Diamond.

No complaints from me :obama:. 300k completely defies all my expectations. I was hoping for 70+.

Some people online are already trying to hate, talking about "oh, that doesn't mean anything, lets see what the sales are at issue #4." They can go somewhere with that bullshyt.:camby:

If the books bottoms up to around 30k-50k by the end of the run, its a success, especially for a BP book.

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
From today's C2E2 Marvel Panel: C2E2: Tour The "All-New, All-Different" Marvel Universe

"Black Panther" starts in April, and the audience was very excited about it. "Obviosuly, Ta-Nehisi Coates comes to the world of comics with a huge pedigree from non-fiction writing and reporting, and if you follow him on Twitter you know he’s a huge Marvel fan. He’s turned in scripts for the first 11 issues already," said Brevoort, eliciting gasps. "He’s doing a deep dive into the history of the nation of Wakanda. It’s a big Black Panther novel broken up into 11 installments."

A fan asked about "Black Panther," and Brevoort said the storyline will "investigate the questions of somebody being a monarch and king of a society that is at the forefront of science and technology and culture. There's sort of a disconnect baked in that idea. The person that leads the country is an heir. Ta-Nehisi is going to dive into the questions of what it means to have a monarchy in the modern day." When it comes to additions to BP's arsenal, Brevoort said he wants to say "wait and see because I don't know the specifics, other than he's a genius-level intellect on par with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner and Reed Richards and guys like that."

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
No complaints from me :obama:. 300k completely defies all my expectations. I was hoping for 70+.

Some people online are already trying to hate, talking about "oh, that doesn't mean anything, lets see what the sales are at issue #4." They can go somewhere with that bullshyt.:camby:

If the books bottoms up to around 30k-50k by the end of the run, its a success, especially for a BP book.
That's comics fans for you breh mofos are so cynical

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder what the soundtrack will sound like :lupe:

Any composer suggestions?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I wonder what the soundtrack will sound like :lupe:

Any composer suggestions?
Brian Tyler has helped work on the last few movies since Thor 2 and Henry Jackman worked on Winter Soldier. Marvel likes to stay consistent with their music. That's my favorite soundtrack personally though Guardians is fire as well. We still need to know the tone of BP soo I'm sure they'll go outside the box for some authentic African styles.

• Dap
Reactions: flo