Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
i liked tchallas characterization more in civil war. i walked out of BP light weight hating his character. my order would be:

1. killmonger
2. claue
3. mbaku
4. okoye
5. shuri
6. t’challa

actually now that i think about it. everything about BP was better in CA:CW. the fight scenes, his costume, his demeanor.
I think "Black Panther" was better in Civil War. However, T'Challa was far greater in this film (makes sense being his own film). He showed far more personality, depth, insight in this movie. Outside of the first scene he was basically bloodlust the whole movie until the very end. This movie really showed off Boseman's range as an actor as well.

Fight scenes and costume (I do like the new suit though) were better in Civil War. In terms of actual BP fight scenes.

I hope for the next movie they shoot in some real locations. The sound stage stuff limits the director who is not use to it. Everything is closed in.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I think "Black Panther" was better in Civil War. However, T'Challa was far greater in this film (makes sense being his own film). He showed far more personality, depth, insight in this movie. Outside of the first scene he was basically bloodlust the whole movie until the very end. This movie really showed off Boseman's range as an actor as well.

Fight scenes and costume (I do like the new suit though) were better in Civil War. In terms of actual BP fight scenes.

I hope for the next movie they shoot in some real locations. The sound stage stuff limits the director who is not use to it. Everything is closed in.
The biggest problem with the action was the over-reliance on CGI the Russo bros were able to shoot more practical action to balance the CGI.
Hopefully, they take that approach for the sequel.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Saw it again, love a lot of it....but the action in the final act is mediocre at best. Largely uninspired in it's design and wholly unconvincing in its execution

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The biggest problem with the action was the over-reliance on CGI the Russo bros were able to shoot more practical action to balance the CGI.
Hopefully, they take that approach for the sequel.

Saw it again, love a lot of it....but the action in the final act is mediocre at best. Largely uninspired in it's design and wholly unconvincing in its execution

Yep. CGI characters in CGI locations.

This is why brehs were upset about not actually filming in Africa or on real big locations thats not small bit of a land in Atlanta.

This is the most beautiful land in the world and yet the big battle is filmed on some small land and the final fight is in a CGI location.

While the underground railroad fight was a good idea. Coogler should have adjusted and had them carry the fight it out by that sunset. That way you see it see it better and go back to using practical characters. Just say the suits were really damaged by the railroad and now they're more vulnerable. Makes its so we can have that gritty waterfall type fight.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Knowing there's plenty of people like this out here makes BP's accomplishments so impressive. :banderas::pachaha:

These goofy types have nowhere near the type of power they'd like you to believe they have. This demographic (White male over the age of 25) went out in droves to see the latest Tomb Raider movie (women didnt support that shyt, hilariously) and what did it pull last week, 20 million domestic? (though it did do numbers outside the US)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Rastafarian42 You think they probably wish they added another 50 mill or so and just filmed in Africa :jbhmm:
Especially since it appears there were going to do a Billion anyway :manny:

Then again they had to keep production near Infinity War so they wouldn't have to worry about scheduling and implementing their design. :stopitslime:

Seems like Wakanda will be expanded more and have larger sets for IW tho :ehh::francis::patrice::manny:

I hate the action set pieces are what cacs got to hang their hats on. That should have been avoided :snoop:

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
54686_s.gif

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I am just glad a solo flick finally supplanted IM3. Till this day i dont know what it was about that movie that had it make over a billion. Sans the ending with a million alphonso elrics there was barely any ironman in it
If those Iron Man films came out today, the writers would be fukking crucified by the feminist movement for the portrayal of women. I dont have strong emotions about the topic, but I rewatched IM1 the other week and I sort of cringed at how the female characters are written in that movie, especially Gwineth Paltrow's role as Pepper Potts.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
@Rastafarian42 You think they probably wish they added another 50 mill or so and just filmed in Africa :jbhmm:
Especially since it appears there were going to do a Billion anyway :manny:

Then again they had to keep production near Infinity War so they wouldn't have to worry about scheduling and implementing their design. :stopitslime:

Seems like Wakanda will be expanded more and have larger sets for IW tho :ehh::francis::patrice::manny:

Well, there's no excuse now. The money they've made guarantees a huge budget for the sequel now let's hope they're able to get Coogler back for a sequel.

Hopefully, the sequel is able to build on Wakanda, even more, its part of the reason why I want Achebe for the villain.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Well, there's no excuse now. The money they've made guarantees a huge budget for the sequel now let's hope they're able to get Coogler back for a sequel.

Hopefully, the sequel is able to build on Wakanda, even more, its part of the reason why I want Achebe for the villain.
Don't feel like looking for the video.

But Coogler said in the script T'Challa was going to make this run across Wakanda. It was going to be like Muhammad Ali from When We Were Kings. T'Challa visiting different sections of the community and embracing Wakandans in their daily life.

It was scrapped for budget reasons. THAT BETTER BE IN THE SEQUEL!