Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'd also add his transition from "child like to killer" in that very scene was followed up when he met his dad later.
Where he was literally a child who wouldn't cry tears of sadness/joy, but then turned into a man with tears of anger.

Got damn Coogler is an incredible story teller.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I think the "I'm good on you" also featured him processing a bit why this guy looks a bit familiar. Then when he looks at him later and realizes it you see the entire history between them with just a look.

I kinda wanted another look between them as Zuri was dying. Maybe even a quick flashback of them two embracing each when he was just "uncle James" for a second. His dad's best friend. Would have added that extra weight and depth to the moment.

Also thats what people missed about Jordan's performance. Coogler specifically made it so you'd only get hints at him dropping all his bravado and seeing N'Jadaka and not Killmonger. It happened with his dad, it happened with Zuri and happened with his death. Only the times he felt like a kid.

Great breakdown tho.

Nah, that look was him knowing IMMEDIATELY who he was.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think it will have to have several absolutely dramatic character deaths for that to happen. It has to emotionally resonate with people, a big smash bang fest just doesnt cut it anymore after BP.
I can't wait for Infinity War to gross less than Black Panther, cacs will be suicidal

Part of the reason I post so much outside BS from others here. Its just to show the perception thats trying to be forced out here in the nerd community. Because to me the most disrespectful comments about Black Panther isn't necessarily about its quality....

its saying "its just another typical Marvel film" :ld:

I've seen Taika (who is great as well) get more credit for making a more unique or different Marvel movie than Coogler.

They don't see or choose to ignore what Coogler accomplished.