Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Is that Lupe's real account? :wtf: I do agree overall the feel is definitely a MCU film but definitely more relatable to real life at least for blacks around the world, I never felt the comedy forced or corny, and it had the least amount of action. :lupe:
The breh there is a fan of it...said its tied for the best MCU film.

But yea his criticisms fall in line with real Lupe :mjgrin:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The white tears:blessed:
Me in those tears
MaleHappygoluckyAplomadofalcon-max-1mb.gif

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I didnt like the lighting in the first fight scene in Nigeria or the fight between Tchalla and Erik at the end. (though the dialogue between them was fire)
Pretty much my only complaints. I thought the choreography in the waterfall fights was great. Even though Winter Soldier and Civil War have more spectacular fight choreography, none of the fight sequences in those movies feels as emotionally powerful as "IS THIS YOUR KING?!" moment. (though that could change with Infinity War)

Im worried about the BP sequel. First off, do they even get Coogler back, and second, I dont know how theyre going to top the thematic excellence that Killmonger brought to the table as a villain.
And after Infinity War, Wakanda facing some invading force would feel like a retread.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The white tears:blessed:
Been seeing 3 constant things said since BP got the record.

1. Its overrated
2. Its all cultural hype.
3. Well just wait until Infinity War!

I didnt like the lighting in the first fight scene in Nigeria or the fight between Tchalla and Erik at the end. (though the dialogue between them was fire)
Pretty much my only complaints. I thought the choreography in the waterfall fights was great. Even though Winter Soldier and Civil War have more spectacular fight choreography, none of the fight sequences in those movies feels as emotionally powerful as "IS THIS YOUR KING?!" moment. (though that could change with Infinity War)

Im worried about the BP sequel. First off, do they even get Coogler back, and second, I dont know how theyre going to top the thematic excellence that Killmonger brought to the table as a villain.
And after Infinity War, Wakanda facing some invading force would feel like a retread.
The lighting wasn't so much a problem for me with the Nigeria scene, but I get it for those that did have a problem. I took that scene of just how it would look at night for people who run across Black Panther. More of a realistic look at an action beat in the dark. But yea I get it. The last fight scene should have had the look of the concept art. That shyt was beautiful.

Yea I don't get people not giving love to the Waterfall fights. I'd put those near the top of any MCU fight scenes. Only the highway scene in TWS and maybe Bucky/Cap vs. Iron Man in CW are better imo and when BP is whooping Bucky.

Last edited:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would've cleaned it up a bit

"Maybe we can heal you" :patrice:

"Why....so you can lock me up?"

* MBJ does that throat gulp he likes to do while looking around the Wakandan mountains *

"When my ancestors left the shores, they jumped from the ships rather than live as slaves"

"Bury me in the ocean with them"

"They knew death was better than bondage"

*dies*
This is so much better.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I would've cleaned it up a bit

"Maybe we can heal you" :patrice:

"Why....so you can lock me up?"

* MBJ does that throat gulp he likes to do while looking around the Wakandan mountains *

*dies*
This is so much better.
Nah sounds good on page. Maybe even great in a stageplay.

However, that would have been a bit too wordy and less raw for a character thats dying.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
:wow::mjcry::to:
Excellent acting with the facial expressions
Jg5Jfx3.gif

iPZmTi7.gif
my dude thank you was trynna find this scene to discuss these two's interaction and shyt. the hurt "naw i'm good on you" look N'Jadaka gave zuri when he tried to approach was great, the subtle distancing thing or shifting away from Zuri was a nice touch. great back and forth from them both. Felt more like zuri sacrificed himself for "betraying" N'Jadaka and his dad rather than to save t'challa which seemed secondary. my favorite scene imo from Jordan all that bravado gone for a split second and its the same lil boy from back then and his "uncle james". The whole setting really adds to the scene this shyt is gold everybody emotional as shyt lol

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
my dude thank you was trynna find this scene to discuss these two's interaction and shyt. the hurt "naw i'm good on you" look N'Jadaka gave zuri when he tried to approach was great, the subtle distancing thing or shifting away from Zuri was a nice touch. great back and forth from them both. Felt more like zuri sacrificed himself for "betraying" N'Jadaka and his dad rather than to save t'challa which seemed secondary. my favorite scene imo from Jordan all that bravado gone for a split second and its the same lil boy from back then and his "uncle james". The whole setting really adds to the scene this shyt is gold everybody emotional as shyt lol
I think the "I'm good on you" also featured him processing a bit why this guy looks a bit familiar. Then when he looks at him later and realizes it you see the entire history between them with just a look.

I kinda wanted another look between them as Zuri was dying. Maybe even a quick flashback of them two embracing each when he was just "uncle James" for a second. His dad's best friend. Would have added that extra weight and depth to the moment.

Also thats what people missed about Jordan's performance. Coogler specifically made it so you'd only get hints at him dropping all his bravado and seeing N'Jadaka and not Killmonger. It happened with his dad, it happened with Zuri and happened with his death. Only the times he felt like a kid.

Great breakdown tho.