Benefited

Banned
Daps
@Benefited

Can you see any john Quincy in alonzo harris or alonzo harris in ben marco:rudy:dont be obtuse

Ben Marco and Alonzo Harris are Malcolm X when combined:mjlol:

So basically you are saying Denzel being calm Denzel,and intense Denzel shows range. Are that playing a proffesional man and playing a "thug" is showing range? Question is why don't you think that MB shows range when he can do all those things you just gave Denzel credit for. Because they haven't put Michael B in a suit and some glasses,he's not showing range:dahell:?

Michael B has shown us he can be intense,can be emotional and vulnerable. Shown he can be funny and lighthearted,shown he can be intense and menacing. Shown he can be a hood dude,and a non hood dude. You don't have a leg to stand on in this argument really,not if you know what range is.

And no I'm not saying he's Denzel,but Denzel isn't range personified. Michael B Jordan can be that level of actor,maybe greater in terms of range.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Ben Marco and Alonzo Harris are Malcolm X when combined
:what: malcolm x was assertive/ orator with swag was basically unflappable until his final days when hiding in the motel. Ben marco was a:flabbynsick: ex military suffering from a form ptsd, paroniod and confused for 2/3s of the movie. I dont know how those 2 characters combined (which sounds dumb) you find malcolm x:snoop: but even if that was the case nobody mentioned x. I gave you 3 varying characters that showed his range

So basically you are saying Denzel being calm Denzel,and intense Denzel shows range. Are that playing a proffesional man and playing a "thug" is showing range? Question is why don't you think that MB shows range when he can do all those things you just gave Denzel credit for. Because they haven't put Michael B in a suit and some glasses,he's not showing range:dahell:?
its about more than just intensity and being calm its could be posture, hand placement when communicating or in quiet scenes, diction, eyes e.t.c Micheal b jordan is just grown wallace everywhere. When hes whiteboys safe friend hes bland and nondescript all round forgettable. And then there is his lane of thuggish buggish with chip on shoulder

Michael B has shown us he can be intense,can be emotional and vulnerable. Shown he can be funny and lighthearted,shown he can be intense and menacing. Shown he can be a hood dude,and a non hood dude.
when has he shown he can be funny and lighthearted? I hope u dont mean awkward moment. When has he shown he could be vulnerable :why:i know you are going to say wallace which i dont see at all so lets say between FNL to now?

And no I'm not saying he's Denzel,but Denzel isn't range personified. Michael B Jordan can be that level of actor,maybe greater in terms of range.
i will say that an unfortunate result of having so few black actors means denzel can often get a lil too much praise for what he does but that last sentence is just :russ:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
:what: malcolm x was assertive/ orator with swag was basically unflappable until his final days when hiding in the motel. Ben marco was a:flabbynsick: ex military suffering from a form ptsd, paroniod and confused for 2/3s of the movie. I dont know how those 2 characters combined (which sounds dumb) you find malcolm x:snoop: but even if that was the case nobody mentioned x. I gave you 3 varying characters that showed his range

its about more than just intensity and being calm its could be posture, hand placement when communicating or in quiet scenes, diction, eyes e.t.c Micheal b jordan is just grown wallace everywhere. When hes whiteboys safe friend hes bland and nondescript all round forgettable. And then there is his lane of thuggish buggish with chip on shoulder

when has he shown he can be funny and lighthearted? I hope u dont mean awkward moment. When has he shown he could be vulnerable :why:i know you are going to say wallace which i dont see at all so lets say between FNL to now?

i will say that an unfortunate result of having so few black actors means denzel can often get a lil too much praise for what he does but that last sentence is just :russ:

So basically Malcolm X was Denzel:mjlol:

Denzel shows us different temperments,but they are all strong . Some may be calm,some may be in your face,sometimes they are both. They are always intense,but they are all still pretty much Denzel. So you can go somewhere with this "grown Wallace" talk as if Wallace alone didn't show range:martin:

The scene where they are about to kill Wallace,didn't show show vulnerability? When has Denzel ever shown that kind of vulnerability is the question I will flip on you? Even Denzels cries,are the cries of a strong man,even when he is crying over his son dying like on John Q,he is still holding it together being a strong man,even the glory cry is a strong mans cry lol. Has Denzel ever shown that kind of vulnerability like Wallace did where he is crying,child like,whimpering like a girl begging for his life? Thats showing vulnerability,also he showed the Denzel form of that in Creed as well as in FruitVale station. Hold up,I think he even cried in the Black Panther movie for no reason which was a strong character yet still showed vulnerability:mindblown:.

Yet here you are talking about posture and hand placment:martin:. I think what you are talking about refers to screen presence more than RANGE.

Also I was talking about that movie where he had super powers with his friends,not Fantastic 4,but probably Fantastic 4 too if he played comic relief as Johnny Storm. Not my type of humor but that is showing range more than hand placements:mjlol:

Plus,MB is from the east coast and convincingly played a Oakland native. Has Denzel ever attempted an accent even? I'm not here to disrespect the legend,but show some respect to the rising stars kin. No range?smh.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I do need to see this Roman J Israel movie,now that looks like Denzel is really challenging himself to play something completely different:whoo:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Ziggiy :ohhh:

:noah:
Yz-VzE_q

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

They should have cast someone like her with the appropriate complexion and right amount of cac as oppose to a light skinned mixed girl to begin with. I dont know what shes seeking tho. They already have a storm, whats to stop her netflix gig from fukin this, the buyout is pending, and even then thats 3-4 years away at least

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So basically Malcolm X was Denzel:mjlol:
judging by his attitude and views in real life no

Denzel shows us different temperments,but they are all strong . Some may be calm,some may be in your face,sometimes they are both. They are always intense,but they are all still pretty much Denzel
a good actor is a great liar, its easier to buy what lie denzel is selling. With b jordan not so much which makes his other flaws more evident
So you can go somewhere with this "grown Wallace" talk as if Wallace alone didn't show range
:russ:

The scene where they are about to kill Wallace,didn't show show vulnerability?
lol how did i know you would point to wallace. I like how this is the 2nd time you've completely ignored what was asked and just done your own thing

When has Denzel ever shown that kind of vulnerability is the question I will flip on you? Even Denzels cries,are the cries of a strong man,even when he is crying over his son dying like on John Q,he is still holding it together being a strong man,even the glory cry is a strong mans cry lol. Has Denzel ever shown that kind of vulnerability like Wallace did where he is crying,child like,whimpering like a girl begging for his life?
compare the performance of a child actor to an adult brehs. I never cared for wallace his screen presence along with a lot of bodies crew offended me. I was rooting for him to get killed. Was surprised to learn that was suppose to be sad. And even if he was this thespian as a child guess what? actors tend tp not be as good when they become adults. Dakota fanning, natalie portman, culkin and leo to name a few

Hold up,I think he even cried in the Black Panther movie for no reason which was a strong character yet still showed vulnerability
a tear streaming down his cheek only anchored the scene which belonged to sterling's performance and the writing. There was no vulnerability with b jordan

Yet here you are talking about posture and hand placment:martin:. I think what you are talking about refers to screen presence more than RANGE.
its all encompassing, think homeless man with low self esteem would do you see that being played upright like denzel's walk in devil in a blue dress? Or like a peter falk with a hunch constantly looking down. Your body use goes a long way in selling what character your playing. If you are a black guy with a silver spoon in your mouth you cant be walking with a limp or talking with your hands like you are rapping.

Also I was talking about that movie where he had super powers with his friends,not Fantastic 4,but probably Fantastic 4 too if he played comic relief as Johnny Storm. Not my type of humor but that is showing range more than hand placements
is that suppose to be the role he played that lighthearted or funny:dahell:

Plus,MB is from the east coast and convincingly played a Oakland native. Has Denzel ever attempted an accent even? I'm not here to disrespect the legend,but show some respect to the rising stars kin. No range?smh.
its funny you started this accusing me of saying denzel has no range when thats what you felt all along lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
What are these retards arguing about? Black Panther was an incredible movie; the only flaws I see are on the technical end. Some of the CGI could be better in later scenes. Other than that Coogler and the entire cast did their thing.

What's there to argue about? Of course it should be killin the box office, nobody wanna see Tomb Raider and all this anyway :pachaha:

Some will never be happy. You watched a great movie but still find time to argue :mjlol:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
What are these retards arguing about? Black Panther was an incredible movie; the only flaws I see are on the technical end. Some of the CGI could be better in later scenes. Other than that Coogler and the entire cast did their thing.

What's there to argue about? Of course it should be killin the box office, nobody wanna see Tomb Raider and all this anyway :pachaha:

Some will never be happy. You watched a great movie but still find time to argue :mjlol:
Too many W'Kabi's on the team. Stop the Rhino :ohhh:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
judging by his attitude and views in real life no

a good actor is a great liar, its easier to buy what lie denzel is selling. With b jordan not so much which makes his other flaws more evident:russ:

lol how did i know you would point to wallace. I like how this is the 2nd time you've completely ignored what was asked and just done your own thing

compare the performance of a child actor to an adult brehs. I never cared for wallace his screen presence along with a lot of bodies crew offended me. I was rooting for him to get killed. Was surprised to learn that was suppose to be sad. And even if he was this thespian as a child guess what? actors tend tp not be as good when they become adults. Dakota fanning, natalie portman, culkin and leo to name a few

a tear streaming down his cheek only anchored the scene which belonged to sterling's performance and the writing. There was no vulnerability with b jordan

its all encompassing, think homeless man with low self esteem would do you see that being played upright like denzel's walk in devil in a blue dress? Or like a peter falk with a hunch constantly looking down. Your body use goes a long way in selling what character your playing. If you are a black guy with a silver spoon in your mouth you cant be walking with a limp or talking with your hands like you are rapping.

is that suppose to be the role he played that lighthearted or funny:dahell:

its funny you started this accusing me of saying denzel has no range when thats what you felt all along lol

You just made that up that its not easy to buy what MB is selling,you literally just tried to sell your minority opinion off as fact. I'm not even saying Michael B is that great as of yet,but lack of range isn't something you can condemn him for imo. But he is still very young in terms of acting and has shown range.

Your bringing up posture and making all kinds of excuses here,you go from calling him "grown Wallace" to,"But he was a kid then,probably can't do it now that he's grown:whoa:"

Even though we just saw different forms of him showing vulnerability in both Creed and Black Panther. And yes that was the movie,he was the lighthearted comic relief character rather you actually found him funny depends on your humor,and if your white probably. But the range is still shown nonetheless.

I'm not saying that about Denzel,I'm saying Michael B has at least as much range as Denzel,but even moreso that greater range than what they have ,isn't that important when you have what they have naturally. Which is natural charisma,screen presence,likeability,intensity,conveying emotion.

So basically MB has potential to do what Denzel can do in terms of range,Denzel who is considered one of the greatest actors of all time,and you are questioning his range with no points to actually back you up. Just you changing the definition of range to what you want it to be,and spinning in order to hate.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Viola Davis probably "ranged" Denzel under the table in Fences,but did he still not give a hell of a performance,did Denzel get lost in those scenes or do the intangibles allow him to still be a presence you have to pay attention to on screen. MB has the intangibles,hate it or love it,he will be around a long time. Just remember Chadwick is a better actor than MB as well on paper,but on screen MB stole some of those scenes and commanded the attention.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Even though we just saw different forms of him showing vulnerability in both Creed and Black Panther
i don't see how he showed vulnerability in that scene though. I mean they had to have the kid in most of that scene for that very reason.
And yes that was the movie,he was the lighthearted comic relief character rather you actually found him funny depends on your humor,and if your white probably. But the range is still shown nonetheless.
you cheapen the word range if you count awkward moment as something noteworthy. He was so vanilla in that you cant just get points for showing up you have to be at least compotent. He has no comedic timing and his delivery sucked, poor chemistry with zac and the other goof too..

I'm not saying that about Denzel,I'm saying Michael B has at least as much range as Denzel,but even moreso that greater range than what they have ,isn't that important when you have what they have naturally. Which is natural charisma,screen presence,likeability,intensity,conveying emotion.
this is exactly what he lacks but we shall agree to disagree

So basically MB has potential to do what Denzel can do in terms of range,Denzel who is considered one of the greatest actors of all time,and you are questioning his range with no points to actually back you up. Just you changing the definition of range to what you want it to be,and spinning in order to hate.
i aint questioning denzel's range that was you to make a point about your favourite actor bakari jordan

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Viola Davis probably "ranged" Denzel under the table in Fences,but did he still not give a hell of a performance,did Denzel get lost in those scenes or do the intangibles allow him to still be a presence you have to pay attention to on screen. MB has the intangibles,hate it or love it,he will be around a long time. Just remember Chadwick is a better actor than MB as well on paper,but on screen MB stole some of those scenes and commanded the attention.
i never saw fences so cant comment but i will say that MBJ doesnt have a 1/10th of denzel or smith's charisma or likability so this chatter that he'll be around for a long time is idk. If he does get roles it will be because hes there and they arent looking for anyone else out of laziness but is he going to called to carry a movie or movies or just be a mackie.

total misconception, just because chadwick's role was less showey and understated doesnt mean he was outshone. MBJ had the more loud part alright and amidst all the wakadans being honourable and dutiful having this gruff african american wanting to burn down the status quo naturally makes you sit up but it is suppose to. Hell it was the same when klaue was on screen (to a lesser degree) the movie desperately needed some disorder and menace to balance things out

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: flo