Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It felt like those sequences were included because it's a superhero/Marvel film and they had to have punches being thrown. The film was more concerned about telling a story and developing it'a characters than the action.
Well it's still an action flick regardless.. ain't no one gonna see a superhero movie without any action. I thought all the action scenes were good but just the predictable end battle and fight was my biggest gripe.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Wow this is really fascinating. The media does shape the worlds opinion of us. Hell when I was a kid all I saw about Africa on tv was starving kids with flies on their face. It’s incredible to think that this one movie is reshaping people’s opinion of black people in a positive way.
Bu bu but it’s only entertainment :skip:

What is this movie gonna do for the hood :skip:

This movie means nothing :skip:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It came off ssomewhat unnatural, yes, but I feel it was needed just because there was so much acting going on just from their facial expressions alone.

A lot of scenes in that last fight don't hit the same way without seeing MBJ's sinister evil grin or T'challa's thoughtful expressions .

I don't have an issue with it and don't even feel that it's unnatural really. I figure the main reason they even do this is to be able to breath easier, especially after any vigorous activity and also just a matter of comfort. Whenever I've had some sort of mask on my face, after a while, it just feels a bit annoying to have on. Figure it's pretty common human feeling across the board, so I mean this not just from the actor's standpoint, but even of the characters themselves.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Wow this is really fascinating. The media does shape the worlds opinion of us. Hell when I was a kid all I saw about Africa on tv was starving kids with flies on their face. It’s incredible to think that this one movie is reshaping people’s opinion of black people in a positive way.

‘Black Panther’ Is Groundbreaking, But It’s Shuri Who Could Change The World

‘Black Panther’ Is Groundbreaking, But It’s Shuri Who Could Change The World
By Walt Hickey

Here’s why: The volume of evidence shows that when audiences see on-screen representations of themselves, particularly aspirational ones, that experience can fundamentally change how they perceive their own place in the world.
Black people have been historically underrepresented on screen, and black women in strong roles even more so. Shuri provides a science-y role model for black women, a group distinctly underrepresented in STEM fields.

This potential is essential to the character and factors into Wright’s performance; the actress told Vogue: “I hope it can spark someone to say, ‘I’m not a superhero, but I can be a scientist or build the next spaceship, like Shuri.’”

For example, a study titled “In Pursuit of the MD: The Impact of Role Models, Identity Compatibility, and Belonging Among Undergraduate Women” in the journal Sex Roles found that when women in pre-med programs were exposed to short biographies of five successful female doctors, their interest in a career in medicine shot up (compared with a control group). More interestingly, their sense of belonging in their pre-med programs went up, as did their perception that their gender was compatible with their career aspirations.

Movies can have an even longer lasting impact. A good movie changes the audience, and we have tons of evidence to back that up:

Movies can also have direct, immediate effects on more mundane day-to-day decisions. Attendance at the American Museum of Natural History rose 20 percent after “Night at the Museum” came out, U.S. tourism to New Zealand increased 23 percent after “The Hobbit” hit theaters, and Croatia’s tourism business has been booming since “Game of Thrones” shot some scenes there. Or, how about this? Drivers seem more prone to speeding after The Fast and the Furious movies are released.

I could go on, but the point is this: On the one hand, sure, movies are a product engineered to optimize financial windfalls for a small group of corporations and intellectual property holders. But on the other hand, I personally got interested in math because of Ian Malcolm, rock-star chaos theory mathematician in “Jurassic Park,” and you would not be reading this if not for that.

So “Black Panther” is a big deal for a lot of reasons, but Shuri is chief among them.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Can we make a list of white celebs with black kids :dead:
Is that where all the money is coming from? White parents with adopted africans on some (jamie foxx voice "yeah that'll get them on my side.")
But i mean make's sense when you think about it. White parents with black kid might be sympithetic to black people but they prolly aint trying to put their adopted son on to the Wire or Def comedy jam. :russ:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Best marvel flick, nothing but heat. Can't wait for the in gifs from the first ceremony battle. That said can the head of Marvel start stepping in and stop all these villians from dying. They obviously saw how :mjcry: was killing that role, step in and rewrite that shyt. They let Klaue live for 2 movies but these prime time villains get squashed in 1.