loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
See this is where we differ. I like the new suit
15081649824548-YT_Black_Panther.jpg

The problem is I had no idea they were going to take the suit and get so CGI heavy with it. shyt looks great as is. However, once it gets cartoony it becomes weightless.

The car chase was cool/good. However, in the 3rd act...I'm like why is there so much CGI :mindblown:
They went CGI crazy on some spawn shyt at the end

The CGI touch up for the suit went to far just like how they do with Iron man and Spider-Man now

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
He's one of the heroes of the movie.

If Killmonger got his way, and those planes got away, Wakandan Imperialism would've become a reality. Instead we're left with the notion that it's better to keep the current power structure in tact and change the system incrementally from within, the way T'Challa decides to do at the end.

Now if moving forward T'Challa uses Wakandan wealth and technology to help black people around the world and build a better world, he will become a prototypical superhero, and I imagine that's what's going to happen. And Ross will have played a large part in that. Personally I think Killmonger should've emerged much earlier and succeeded in his mission, causing T'Challa and Wakanda to have to come together to stop him, instead of killing each other. Also eliminating any of Ross' and the CIA's involvement in helping to stop Killmonger.

It also would've shown that the answer to the current system is balance and equality/equity, not just a new system of ethnic/racial supremacy in favor of Africans/Wakandans or Asians or whatever. It would've been really dope and empowering, and wouldn't have had to play on negative and false stereotypes that African countries and Africans are too busy killing themselves to build prosperous nations.
Interesting

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Yes. Oh my God yes. For all you cacs and c00ns criticizing this flick fukk you. We celebrating this display of unapologetic blackness worldwide.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thegra...ack-brazilians-to-occupy-white-1823524868/amp

Black Panther has inspired the Diaspora in myriad ways. The film has been applauded by black people across the world for touching on the complex relationships between Africans and African Americans, for serving up positive images of African culture for global audiences, and for providing a vehicle that allows black people throughout the world to showcase their heritage and their pride.

As a recent article from The Intercept explains, this influence has shown up in Brazil in the form of rolezinho pretoi, which roughly translates to “black stroll,” in which large groups of Afro-Brazilians turn up together to walk about an area. The stroll has a recent history of being a form of protest in Brazil.

In the Intercept piece, one group of Afro-Brazilians coordinated a rolezinho to watch Black Panther at one of Rio de Janeiro’s most exclusive high-end shopping malls, Leblon. As the writer notes, Leblon is couched in one of the most affluent areas in Brazil and is also a predominantly white space in a country where the majority of the population now identifies as black or mixed race.

This made the Black Panther screening as much a political act as a celebration.

From The Intercept:

Organizers would start an event on Facebook and call for everyone to meet at a certain mall at a certain time. Young, mostly dark-skinned residents of the city’s poor and working-class neighborhoods on the urban periphery would take a sometimes one- or two-hour train or bus ride to shopping centers in the bougiest enclaves and just go for a walkabout. In some cases, thousands showed up, much to the horror of Brazil’s white elite, whose ever-present racial and class-based fears were palpable. Malls, including Shopping Leblon, closed down in anticipation of these protests. Others were broken up with tear gas and rubber bullets.

The rolezinho for the global blockbuster, then, was a way to celebrate blackness in a highly visible way, to reclaim a highly segregated and exclusive space.

Reinaldo Junior, an actor who participated in a recent rolezinho, told The Intercept, “We wanted to occupy this space today to say, ‘We are alive.’”

“We almost never see any of our people in this kind of space. It’s as though this space is only meant for white people,” said Lucinío Januário, another actor. “So when we have a film written by black man, with black actors and black producers, we felt it was our duty to occupy this space so we could serve as an example.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Ygor Marinho, a 28-year-old student who participated in the recent rolezinho and watched Black Panther for the first time, said that the movie’s black-majority cast filled him with pride.

“It makes me want to win. It makes me want to fight. It makes me like myself more, like my own skin tone, like my kind of hair, like the shape of my nose, like the shape of my lips, like myself more,” Marinho told The Intercept, “because you start to see people who are like you, and you see how they carry themselves—empowered, happy with themselves—and you start to like yourself better.”

7YHvQe.gif

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
"
The first sign of ambiguity is the fact that the movie was enthusiastically received all across the political spectrum: from partisans of black emancipation who see in it the first big Hollywood assertion of black power, through liberals who sympathize with its reasonable solution — education and help, not struggle — up to some representatives of the alt-right, who recognize in the film’s “Wakanda forever” another version of Trump’s “America first” (incidentally, this is why Mugabe, before he lost power, also said some kind words about Trump). When all sides recognize themselves in the same product, we can be sure that the product in question is ideology at its purest — a kind of empty vessel containing antagonistic elements.
"

"Kind words" I hope she's being sarcastic.

Article is alrittte

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Sandra Bullock Is One of 'Black Panther's' Biggest Fans Because of Powerful Message for Her Son

“I started to cry backstage when I was telling [the cast] how much the film meant to me as a woman, but how much it meant to me as a mother,” the actress said.
Sandra Bullock is among the throng of fans who adore Black Panther — in fact, the actress says she cried when she met the cast backstage Sunday during the 90th Academy Awards.

Bullock is the mother of two black children, and she told Access Hollywood that the Marvel film really struck a deep chord with her.

“I’m so grateful to Marvel because about five years ago, my son asked me if there were any brown Legos,” the actress explained. “And I said, ‘Yes, there are,’ and I got a Sharpie and I turned Spider-Man brown, I turned the Legos brown, and I don’t have to turn them brown anymore.”

Bullock told Access she was overcome with emotion Sunday.

“I started to cry backstage when I was telling [the Black Panther cast] how much the film meant to me as a woman, but how much it meant to me as a mother,” she said.

Her son and daughter are still a little too young to see Black Panther, but she said her daughter, Laila, loves wearing the superhero character mask.

“I bought her swag before it even came [out],” Bullock said. “She runs around in the Black Panther mask. Which is scary when she comes out of the dark.”

I never knew she had black kids?:gucci:

Martha

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Not to mention TWS killed Starks parents on screen, and Howard Stark fathered two Avengers....Tony literally and Cap figuratively.

But nah, no one white and important died and it had no bearing on the story or the MCU in general, at all.

I swear cats log into The Coli and just say whatever the fukk pops into their heads.

Fred.

Final fight scene Tonys Bloodlust>>>>>>>

:yeshrug:That shyt wasn't no play fight.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yes. Oh my God yes. For all you cacs and c00ns criticizing this flick fukk you. We celebrating this display of unapologetic blackness worldwide.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thegra...ack-brazilians-to-occupy-white-1823524868/amp
Black Panther has inspired the Diaspora in myriad ways. The film has been applauded by black people across the world for touching on the complex relationships between Africans and African Americans, for serving up positive images of African culture for global audiences, and for providing a vehicle that allows black people throughout the world to showcase their heritage and their pride.

As a recent article from The Intercept explains, this influence has shown up in Brazil in the form of rolezinho pretoi, which roughly translates to “black stroll,” in which large groups of Afro-Brazilians turn up together to walk about an area. The stroll has a recent history of being a form of protest in Brazil.

In the Intercept piece, one group of Afro-Brazilians coordinated a rolezinho to watch Black Panther at one of Rio de Janeiro’s most exclusive high-end shopping malls, Leblon. As the writer notes, Leblon is couched in one of the most affluent areas in Brazil and is also a predominantly white space in a country where the majority of the population now identifies as black or mixed race.

This made the Black Panther screening as much a political act as a celebration.

From The Intercept:

Organizers would start an event on Facebook and call for everyone to meet at a certain mall at a certain time. Young, mostly dark-skinned residents of the city’s poor and working-class neighborhoods on the urban periphery would take a sometimes one- or two-hour train or bus ride to shopping centers in the bougiest enclaves and just go for a walkabout. In some cases, thousands showed up, much to the horror of Brazil’s white elite, whose ever-present racial and class-based fears were palpable. Malls, including Shopping Leblon, closed down in anticipation of these protests. Others were broken up with tear gas and rubber bullets.

The rolezinho for the global blockbuster, then, was a way to celebrate blackness in a highly visible way, to reclaim a highly segregated and exclusive space.

Reinaldo Junior, an actor who participated in a recent rolezinho, told The Intercept, “We wanted to occupy this space today to say, ‘We are alive.’”

“We almost never see any of our people in this kind of space. It’s as though this space is only meant for white people,” said Lucinío Januário, another actor. “So when we have a film written by black man, with black actors and black producers, we felt it was our duty to occupy this space so we could serve as an example.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Ygor Marinho, a 28-year-old student who participated in the recent rolezinho and watched Black Panther for the first time, said that the movie’s black-majority cast filled him with pride.

“It makes me want to win. It makes me want to fight. It makes me like myself more, like my own skin tone, like my kind of hair, like the shape of my nose, like the shape of my lips, like myself more,” Marinho told The Intercept, “because you start to see people who are like you, and you see how they carry themselves—empowered, happy with themselves—and you start to like yourself better.”

7YHvQe.gif
giphy.webp