Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
But BP and even Killmonger showed their faces A LOT while suited up tho. It was too the point that some reviewers (namely Double Roasted)el even complained about that very thing being cliche and unnecessary, lol.
True, I actually gave props to Homecoming for avoiding doing that as much as other films. The first time spiderman suits up in that movie he doesn't take his mask off until he gets home. The whole time he was locked in the storage facility testing out webbing he didn't even take it off when it would've made sense too. It was only when talking to stark after the ferry situation that removes his mask while outside for the first time. Even in the final act with vulture it only gets knocked off after the building collaspes then he puts it back on. and The final confronation after the plane crash i believe vulture tore it off.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But BP and even Killmonger showed their faces A LOT while suited up tho. It was too the point that some reviewers (namely Double Roasted)el even complained about that very thing being cliche and unnecessary, lol.

Yeah but that's one movie breh. RDJ has been in and out of the Ironman suit for a decade now. That's why I said "there's several scenes in every MCU movie". BP has only been in one other MCU movie and Killmonger is obviously only in one.

And the final fight in "BP" is obviously 100% CGI in places, because neither of them have their masks off. Those scenes specifically are the ones people complain about.

Fred.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I agree...

However, if they knew this movie was going to be as big of a hit as it was they would have dropped the extra $$. They underestimated it and could have made an even greater movie...

Infinity War is going to be bittersweet watching Black Panther look much better (CGI, etc) and even Wakanda look even more impressive than in his own movie.

They were certainly more concerned about the CGI of Black Panther looking good in Infinity War than he was in his final fight with Killmonger. Either you don't up the $$$ to polish up that final fight because you're saving cash for IW or just assuming Black Panther will not be a billion dollar movie.

Which brings another issue since they basically filmed BP and IW at the same time. All the top fight/stunt coordinators were on IW, while the BP movie fights seemed as a step down to the ones in Civil War. The BP fights were solid but could of been way better. I am sure BP will be look great in IW though, so that should help when BP 2 is getting made with BP 1 crushing the buildings financially.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Which brings another issue since they basically filmed BP and IW at the same time. All the top fight/stunt coordinators were on IW, while the BP movie fights seemed as a step down to the ones in Civil War. The BP fights were solid but could of been way better. I am sure BP will be look great in IW though, so that should help when BP 2 is getting made with BP 1 crushing the buildings financially.
Russo fight scenes and tone in general tend to be the best in the Genre.
Winter Soldier
Civil War.

So at the very least we know we can expect some piff. And less comedy in the next two avengers films. :lawd:
Infinity War
Avengers 4
directed by russo's

Raizan

Pro
Daps
People always talk about how great of a comic writer Christopher Priest is... And while his run on Black Panther was decent, I remember when DC gave him STEEL, and the dude basically tanked the book within months. Not sure why he gets all the hype.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Russo fight scenes and tone in general tend to be the best in the Genre.
Winter Soldier
Civil War.

So at the very least we know we can expect some piff. And less comedy in the next two avengers films. :lawd:
Infinity War
Avengers 4
directed by russo's

Russos are great and all, but its really their resources that make their fights go. John Wick people were shooting those WInter Soldier and Civil War fights. I think their understudy helped with Infinity War tho. So it should still be good.

However, since they worked on the same films at the same time. Feige....why not set it up/schedule it so the Russos people could help out Black Panther's final battle scene :gucci:

Think about just how GREAT the movie would be if that final battle/fight was PIFF.

I'd put those tribal fights up with some of the best in the MCU tho. That shyt was top notch.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I’ll give em a pass on the fight scenes. Black Panther is an African prince, he not supposed to fight like Captain America and Bucky.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Achille Should have used practical stuff for BP with the fights. But CGI was dope for other stuff tho.
DXjEPX4WsAEXtP4.jpg

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I’ll give em a pass on the fight scenes. Black Panther is an African prince, he not supposed to fight like Captain America and Bucky.

BP is also the top fighters in Marvel, knowing many different styles of martial arts, so it definitely should been more of a display for his own movie. Especially how good he looked in Civil War, was going toe to toe with Cap and Bucky.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Russos are great and all, but its really their resources that make their fights go. John Wick people were shooting those WInter Soldier and Civil War fights. I think their understudy helped with Infinity War tho. So it should still be good.

However, since they worked on the same films at the same time. Feige....why not set it up/schedule it so the Russos people could help out Black Panther's final battle scene :gucci:

Think about just how GREAT the movie would be if that final battle/fight was PIFF.

I'd put those tribal fights up with some of the best in the MCU tho. That shyt was top notch.

I agree, Marvel should of gave Ryan more support with the action to make sure the continuity is there with the BP action per film. I think Jeffrey Ward would of been a good fit for Ryan, he has a lot of experience with practical stunts/fight choreography and is also a second unit director. He hasn't done much lately but I think he would still been good for BP. Ward worked with Snipes for many years and created some great practical fight scenes over the years on numerous movies.

Jeff Ward - IMDb

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I agree, Marvel should of gave Ryan more support with the action to make sure the continuity is there with the BP action per film. I think Jeffrey Ward would of been a good fit for Ryan, he has a lot of experience with practical stunts/fight choreography and is also a second unit director. He hasn't done much lately but I think he would still been good for BP. Ward worked with Snipes for many years and created some great practical fight scenes over the years on numerous movies.

Jeff Ward - IMDb
They left Coogler out to dry :francis:

Spend 200 million, but don't have the best fight coordinators on set brehs