Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Seems KM stans won.:wow:

Chadwick Boseman says T’Challa is the enemy in Black Panther

There have been media takes discussing how Black Panther protagonist T’Challa sends a bleak message to black viewers by killing his rival. The message, some critics say, is that black liberation is only a dream, and only obedient, peaceful folks can expect tolerance and survival. In this reading of the film, that makes T’Challa the enemy. And Chadwick Boseman, the actor who plays T’Challa, agrees.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Seems KM stans won.:wow:

He definitely is sympathetic towards KM. It's plain as day. And his actions at the end of the movie were a result of Killmonger. Wakanda did need to step up and help other people of color around the world. And starting in the place where KM grew up was paying homage to him. KM was justified in his intentions but his execution was way overboard and would have turned him into a Black Hitler with the world at his neck. Can't move like that esp in a world with other Superheroes.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I get that people are discussing BP/Killmonger's motivations and ideologies in the context of real life....and it's interesting as fukk....but something people seem to be over looking in the context of the MCU, is Thanos is literally months away from arriving. And judging by the trailers Wakanda is integral to the defense of Earth.

So let's say T'Challa is dead and Killmonger is king of Wakanda....he moves forward with his plan....Thanos then steamrolls the planet because everyone is fighting each other.

Fred.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
He definitely is sympathetic towards KM. It's plain as day. And his actions at the end of the movie were a result of Killmonger. Wakanda did need to step up and help other people of color around the world. And starting in the place where KM grew up was paying homage to him. KM was justified in his intentions but his execution was way overboard and would have turned him into a Black Hitler with the world at his neck. Can't move like that esp in a world with other Superheroes.

Killmonger's movement?! You guys really trying to rework the narrative.

You mean Nakia's movement. Killmonger wanted to commit genocide and flip the tables. Nakia was talking about sharing resources and doing more outreach before Killmonger showed up.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
:tachalla: bye bye Wonder-Woman

Black Panther (2018) - Financial Information

Black Panther (2018)
Black-Panther-Thumbnail.jpg

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office
$421,915,776 Details
International Box Office $326,300,000 Details
Worldwide Box Office $748,215,776

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I’s now scary to do another production,” Boseman said, describing a time on the set of a previous film when a hairdresser who knew “nothing about black hair” tried to cut his hair. “I literally got up and walked out, called the producers, ‘Hey, you better get somebody here to cut my hair ’cause I ain’t having that.’ You mess it up, I have to wear a wig for the rest of the movie,” he said, as the Apollo crowd erupted into laughter. “Ya’ll laughing. I’m serious, though. I’ve seen brothers sit there and let them cut their hair and they have to wear a wig for the rest of the movie. So this is the ridiculousness that we have to deal with.”

cacs

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I get that people are discussing BP/Killmonger's motivations and ideologies in the context of real life....and it's interesting as fukk....but something people seem to be over looking in the context of the MCU, is Thanos is literally months away from arriving. And judging by the trailers Wakanda is integral to the defense of Earth.

So let's say T'Challa is dead and Killmonger is king of Wakanda....he moves forward with his plan....Thanos then steamrolls the planet because everyone is fighting each other.

Fred.

:mjsmiles::Ufdup:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'll be honest this sounds like a bunch of juelzing

Everyone in Wakanda was about to go through with KM's plan UNTIL they saw that technically the combat wasn't over. So if Tchalla was actually dead the tribes wouldn't have been fighting with each other.

That ain't true at all. Even among the War Dogs, who are portrayed as the group that would be most sympathetic to Killmonger, only THREE cities went along with his plan. The rest held out.

In general the Wakanda population was obedient because they were still in shock, they believed Killmonger to be the king and their tradition was to be obedient to the king. But there were clearly dissenters already. If there are already dissenters among the Wakandans themselves, what the hell are the chances that the entire diaspora, many of whom are already at each other's throats, are suddenly gonna jump together in a "let's all get along" kumbaya moment?

As for the other part of your post, yeah if hypothetically Wakandans did this in real life and you got ninjas standing with with whites then fukk them

I don't think he even talking about "standing with Whites", he's pointing out to you that people would be at each other.

Look at what happened in Syria when groups got armed to overthrow the oppressive Syrian government. They are ALL at each other.

Violence or the threat of violence has always played a major part in a people getting progress. The Civil Rights movement, American Revolution, etc.

The people shytting on KM are of the same ilk of all the snitching and spying bytchass nikkas from all black movements.

If you gonna call the CRM violent, then you're making a meaningless statement. There is violence every day, so technically you can call anything violent. But the most successful revolutions and movements of the last 200 years have been the ones that did their best to purge violence from their midst.

And I've always thought that the violence of the American Revolution is probably a big reason why White Americans are still so worshipful of guns and violence today. You know the Declaration of Independence has literally an entire paragraph bytching that the Brits aren't letting the Americans kill the natives as fast as they want? :gucci: