Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He was more than that, his earlier speeches (in the museum, before the elders) were fire too. He just had those fatal flaws, in part because he trusted in violence and in part because he was consumed by revenge.
That moment after he's stabbed and lets his rage go. He looks around and realizes what he's about to lose. :wow:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:mjlol:I've seen it 3 times and each time the audience roared with laughter you could barely hear Shuri's next line.

I'm not a fan of it either. Scene would've still been funny without that line.
I laughed too but mostly because i wasn't expecting a what're those joke in 2018 and in a black panther movie but they started production in 2016 so :yeshrug:
would've been funnier if they hadn't push back the movies release for spiderman.

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
All he wanted was chaos, he was loyal to no one and tried to destroy the herb:stopitslime: dude gave a good speech when he died that’s all:rudy:
No wonder every week y’all follow a new hotep until he gets exposed :francis:

i posted a few pages back what his true motivation were. but on a personal note, you shouldnt post shyt like this.

makes you look ignorant and makes it seem like you are unable to grasp basic ideas.

DUDE WANTED TO KNOW WHY THE fukk HIS PEOPLE LEFT HIM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANT.

he went to MIT and the military, multiple tours, all in an effort to get back to his people so he could confront them and ask why they didnt at least send for him.

seriously, don't post shyt like that anymore, you sound stupid

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i posted a few pages back what his true motivation were. but on a personal note, you shouldnt post shyt like this.

makes you look ignorant and makes it seem like you are unable to grasp basic ideas.

DUDE WANTED TO KNOW WHY THE fukk HIS PEOPLE LEFT HIM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANT.

he went to MIT and the military, multiple tours, all in an effort to get back to his people so he could confront them and ask why they didnt at least send for him.

Him sending out vibranium spears around the world to encourage uprisings wouldn't have answered that question. But i respect his motivations. He wanted to level the playing field not cause chaos.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Just came out of my second viewing. How can any black person, especially AA, not ride with Killmonger:hhh:

Everyone agreed with him, most people just don't agree with his idea of how to help the oppressed.

When Okoye put the spear to her fiance during that civil war, that was merely showing a glimpse of how Kilmongers vision would inevitably crumble. Not only because he'd get heavy counter attacks from the world and the many heroes/magicians, but the people he would be trying to free would also fall into infighting just like the Wakandians and before you or someone else even thinks it, no I don't mean it'd be the c00n types trying to stop black people, it would be other black people with different trains of thought on how our people should progress. Even us arguing on this matter let's you know how Kilmongers idea would lead to pointless black deaths because if you amongst other soldiers rolled with him that means you'd have to kill me and many others just because we don't agree with the action you're taking. However if you and the other soldiers who wanna sign up in Kilmongers army feel like we have to die to create a better world then there's really no more arguing this topic lol

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal

He found out and still acted like a bitter bytch:stopitslime:

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Chadwick is an excellent hero for this. I thought he was wonderful. Leticia Wright is going to have a great career as well. Dani was fierce, some of the movie was hokey as hell (which I blame on Disney/Marvel because that's what they do), but overall the success the film is getting is deserved.

Chad's scenes were my favorite though. And get Sterling Brown off of This Is Us and into movies full-time. Dude is a beast.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Howard University historian Daryl M. Scott cautions that celebrating the barriers the Marvel hit breaks shouldn't prevent a look at its flaws, from Wakanda's patriarchal monarchy to how Killmonger is "an American stereotype of unparented African-American hate."

Marvel’s Black Panther is at once a beautiful and fundamentally conservative movie. The director, Ryan Coogler, has enchanted audiences from all walks of life, including African Americans. So taken are they by the mythical land of Wakanda — its wealth, civilization and power — that many want to abandon their citizenship and become the subjects of T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman), the superhero panther and absolute monarch. In a world unconquered by white supremacy, Wakanda is the African American’s MAGA — Make Africa Great Again — dream come true.

This conservative fantasy world is very American. Born in the age of fascism, the superhero genre suggests that democracy and its institutions are not enough. Superheroes are necessary precisely because the forces arrayed against countries, even democracies, are too powerful. Crime, extraterrestrial visitors and evil geniuses demonstrate that the police and even the United States Army are impotent. An assorted array of superhuman vigilantes are necessary to protect humanity.

Relatively speaking, the conservatism of Wakanda is natural. Black Panther, T’Challa, got his power the old-fashioned way — aristocratic inheritance. His superpower and weaponry derive from the country’s unique heart-shaped herb and the metal vibranium. His powers would hardly be needed for protection against the African tribes surrounding Wakanda. They are for warding off the colonizers, who prey on other Africans and peoples of African descent. Rarely have subjects been so well protected.

The king’s subjects are well treated, too. In Hollywood’s Wakanda, women hold positions of power — the king’s sister, Shuri (Letitia Wright), controls the scientific and technological apparatus, and the fierce and stunningly beautiful female warriors, the Dora Milaje, protect and fight with their king. His male subjects are largely ornamental and ceremonial, leaving them to nurse their desire for one of their tribesmen to become the Black Panther.

This conservative utopia where only one is free could easily be revolutionized into the world’s most powerful democracy. Wakanda possesses the magical metal vibranium and the knowledge of how to grow enough of a heart-shaped herb to transform the king’s subjects into soldier citizens. The Black Panther is brilliant but only so enlightened; he cannot imagine a nation of black panthers to defend all of Africa from earthly and galactic enemies. The power is conserved for one king and one people.

It takes one who grew up in the belly of the colonizer, Erik Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan), to grasp the true revolutionary power of Wakanda. The offspring of a slave descendant and an unconquered Wakandan prince, Erik grew up nurturing two things: the right he had to claim the throne and his father’s belief that vibranium could be used to aid the struggles of blacks in the African diaspora against global white supremacy. Yet to realize his dreams, he becomes a killer in the army of the colonizers. He becomes known as Killmonger, a testimonial to his rapacious ability and desire to take human life.

The would-be liberator of the Black World has respect for neither Wakandan tradition nor Western democracy. Bearing the marks of an unconquered Wakandan, he seizes his birthright and makes his battle plan. As if to prove he is a conquered African American pretending to be aristocracy, he rules as one unaccustomed to power. All must bend to his will and vision. In pursuit of power and racial liberation, he kills women and family alike. Rather than expand the cultivation of the heart-shaped herb, he orders its destruction. His is the last reign of the Black Panther. He would end global white supremacy, but there would be no happily ever after. No future king, no democracy, no nothing. Destruction is the vision of the good life. He appears as an American stereotype of unparented African-American hate.

As in all truly conservative tales, the people come to their senses and rally around their rightful ruler. Born to kill and die, Killmonger is defeated and insists on death, invoking his ancestors who jumped over the side of the slave ship. But the unshakeable truth is that his ancestors did not chose death over slavery. In death as in life, he falsely claims what he sees as a noble inheritance. The rightful king, T’Challa, enlightened by the great women surrounding him, the Patriarch of Wakanda, now understands. He vows to do better by the victims of white supremacy.

Far from repulsing the African-American audience, Black Panther taps into the tendency to romanticize the Great Kingdoms of precolonial Africa. Black wealth and power wielded against white colonizers has made Killmonger an instant culture hero. Wakanda and the Black Panther resonate with a community who lived through a black presidency and concluded democracy itself is not enough.
'Black Panther': A Contrarian View

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Everyone agreed with him, most people just don't agree with his idea of how to help the oppressed.

When Okoye put the spear to her fiance during that civil war, that was merely showing a glimpse of how Kilmongers vision would inevitably crumble. Not only because he'd get heavy counter attacks from the world and the many heroes/magicians, but the people he would be trying to free would also fall into infighting just like the Wakandians and before you or someone else even thinks it, no I don't mean it'd be the c00n types trying to stop black people, it would be other black people with different trains of thought on how our people should progress. Even us arguing on this matter let's you know how Kilmongers idea would lead to pointless black deaths because if you amongst other soldiers rolled with him that means you'd have to kill me and many others just because we don't agree with the action you're taking. However if you and the other soldiers who wanna sign up in Kilmongers army feel like we have to die to create a better world then there's really no more arguing this topic lol
I'll be honest this sounds like a bunch of juelzing

Everyone in Wakanda was about to go through with KM's plan UNTIL they saw that technically the combat wasn't over. So if Tchalla was actually dead the tribes wouldn't have been fighting with each other.

As for the other part of your post, yeah if hypothetically Wakandans did this in real life and you got ninjas standing with with whites then fukk them:gucci:

Violence or the threat of violence has always played a major part in a people getting progress. The Civil Rights movement, American Revolution, etc.

The people shytting on KM are of the same ilk of all the snitching and spying bytchass nikkas from all black movements.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
My wife says she understood the significance of the film but the film itself wasn’t a big deal

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I'll be honest this sounds like a bunch of juelzing

Everyone in Wakanda was about to go through with KM's plan UNTIL they saw that technically the combat wasn't over. So if Tchalla was actually dead the tribes wouldn't have been fighting with each other.
It would inevitably still come to fruition. The lady who told him that he shouldn't burn the herbs let's you know that there would still be traditionalist that would rise up. Kilmonger would've gone to war with the Jabari Tribe and made them extinct just for their shyt. But I'm not focusing on them for this, I'm just using what they went through or would've eventually went through as a reference to what would've happened in the rest of the world.
As for the other part of your post, yeah if hypothetically Wakandans did this in real life and you got ninjas standing with with whites then fukk them:gucci:

Man I made sure to explicitly point out that it wouldn't just be those types and you go ahead and ignore it anyways, so let me be more clear. Wakanda may agree on almost everything but black people around the world aren't some hive mind that agrees on how things should be done. Just like in this thread, there's people out there who'd co-sign Kilmongers message but instead go T'Challa's route and use Wakandas resources towards building, sharing wealth, tech and knowledge towards black people who need it. But because your king decides to say fukk that thought process, then I have to die. Even if I did decide to agree with his methods he'll still end up killing me because I'd up and decide I wanna be king of the world before Thanos destroys it, but apparently I ain't even allowed to do that. Some bullshyt man, where's the freedom in that
full