Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I appreciate this movie boosting BP now just for the new amount of fanart coming out. There's a lot of good stuff out here now.

tumblr_p4vqdmSUpC1qcuwxgo1_1280.png

tumblr_p4vqdmSUpC1qcuwxgo2_1280.png

tumblr_p4vd6b2eGj1shpkvso1_1280.jpg

Izanami

Superstar
Daps

This dude brings up the connection of Kilmonger killing his girl to kill Klaue with Sasuke killing Karin to kill Danzo. With Michael's love for anime I wouldn't be surprised if that bit of the movie was inspired by that :russ:

It was akin to when Shishio killed Yumi in attempt to body Kenshin. That's what came to mind when watching that scene.lol

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Wakanda did need to step up and help other people of color around the world.

Wakanda's obligations are to Wakanda itself and its citizens. It's not obligated to help anyone else outside of its borders.

I can almost guarantee that T'Challa's new outreach policy, especially going as far as the United States, will be the issue of contention in the sequel.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Another overlooked moment is when T'Challa and Nakia are sitting on the hill/cliff and breh is furious/venting at what his father and Zuri had done. [After going off on Zuri]. And Nakia highkey reminds him he don't gotta do ish like his pops.

Nakia is likely the best MCU love interest Marvel has had with how she held ish down for him and the fam on multiple levels.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I appreciate this movie boosting BP now just for the new amount of fanart coming out. There's a lot of good stuff out here now.

tumblr_p4vqdmSUpC1qcuwxgo1_1280.png
This stuff is absolutely beautiful. Artists are really showing out.

I definitely get that anime inspired vibe here. Like I'd see this and think this was a poster for an actual animated show, movie, or RPG.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Then why do they show him in oakland after buying the building killmonger grew up in lol

nakia movement on some anti boka harem shyt, lmao, who the really should've been helping was the other african nations kick out white people

Huh? He's literally honoring Killmonger and his father by instituting Nakia's earlier call for doing outreach. You ever hear of both/and. It doesn't have to be either/or

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
It wouldnt surprise me if the next Black Panther film was about a pro-democracy/ anti-monarchy rebellion in the streets of Wakanda and how our "hero" has to suppress it violently or accommodate it.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I get that people are discussing BP/Killmonger's motivations and ideologies in the context of real life....and it's interesting as fukk....but something people seem to be over looking in the context of the MCU, is Thanos is literally months away from arriving. And judging by the trailers Wakanda is integral to the defense of Earth.

So let's say T'Challa is dead and Killmonger is king of Wakanda....he moves forward with his plan....Thanos then steamrolls the planet because everyone is fighting each other.

Fred.
You think Thanos is taking an L in IW? He's about to steamroll Earth no matter what.:demonic:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It wouldnt surprise me if the next Black Panther film was about a pro-democracy/ anti-monarchy rebellion in the streets of Wakanda and how our "hero" has to suppress it violently or accommodate it.

I think that would be the storyline if Killmonger had won at the end, but that doesn't make much sense with T'Challa since all the tribes [sans Jabari] + the Doras were on his side from jump [everyone wanted him to be King]... and by the end of the movie all tribes [including the Jabari] were united on his side and represented his council, with the exception of maybe the Border tribe (i have to go back and look).

Basically everything was back in harmony in-house, and actually improved upon with M'Baku. I think the biggest thing in the sequel would be less democracy talk and more the protectionism some Wakanda's may feel about sharing certain resources or letting in refugees.

But I don't think they'll retread the whole 'ruling wakanda' thing again, since that was pretty well covered in the first film.