Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
And breh had to cover a multitude of ranges. Joy, anger, sadness, resentment, feeling betrayed, feeling conflicted, hell even simping :russ: (not mad at him tho, Lupita/Nakia was on point :takedat:)

Breh brought it on every level, and his performance ages like fine wine.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Brehs and brehettes, i know yall have spoken on it many times already but yo, Chadwick truly impressed me in this film. He gave an acting clinic :wow:

You may not even truly appreciate it the first time, especially when you watched it in a packed theater (because everyone will be focused on the excellently written and delivered punch lines by Shuri and M'Baku, meant specifically to blow the roof off theater crowds).. but the more times i watch the film (4 times now), the more brilliant I find his depiction of T'Challa. The big moments but also the subtleties.

For example, Shuri was fantastic but it was the back and forth with her brother that amplified the scene.

"What are THOSE??" And then cut to BP gleefully showing his open toed shoes that caused the crowd to erupt. Or him kicking the suit the 1st time and Shuri's reaction to him kicking her stuff. Or him kicking it the second time, and his "delete that footage" line that had the crowd roaring in laughter.

Or just his stage presence and predator glare in Challenge Day when M'Baku and the Jabari tribe crash the party. His subtleties and non-verbal communication were A1. And then his dramatic acting... him and Sterling K Brown were gawdly.

Yeah, that's what I was saying too. Chadwick had the best acting all around cuz he literally went thru like all sorts of levels of emotions. More subtleties was when
When Killmonger rescues Klaw and they get away and T'Challa sees his grandfather's ring, thus alerting him that something was definitely up with Klaw's rescuer. They're on their plane back to Wakanda and you can see all these nuances of him being perplexed, distraught and knowing he was about to find out about something truly devious within his own family. Also, the scenes right before and afterwards, the former when he hears Klaw spilling his guts to Ross about the truth of Wakanda, you see he has the face of concern, but knowing he has to keep a poker face and lie to Ross. The latter, when he questions Zuri about his grandfather's ring and demanding the truth.

Same can be said when he speaks to his father again about it all in the Ancestral Plane. The heartache of him learning how his father isn't the perfect man that he aspired to being and how he spoke to him about that.

Just like there were layers within the depth of this movie, so to was it to Chadwick showing the full range of emotions in T'Challa, plus they were always carried with the complexity of having the reservation of a King and not going too big on his emotions due to that.

I put only Sterling Brown's performance as close as Chadwick's, due to how much and how smooth all his emoting was done in such a short amount of screen time. Very comparatively small role to the rest of the cast, yet hugely impactful, both in terms of the plot and story of the movie and how he reels in the audience.

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
And breh had to cover a multitude of ranges. Joy, anger, sadness, resentment, feeling betrayed, feeling conflicted, hell even simping :russ: (not mad at him tho, Lupita/Nakia was on point :takedat:)

Breh brought it on every level, and his performance ages like fine wine.

And all whilst keeping his accent down pact, all throughout.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I'm not talking about a movie are you saying despite me being Jamaican means I'm not black because I'm specifically lightskinned?:gucci:

:sas2:

I didn't see any light skins in this move, did you? Answer your own questions brehs.

Maybe a light skin Panther movie will be made one day. :mjlol:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@Ironman @Khalil's_Black_Excellence

If light skin/mixed people are black, how come they weren't represented in this movie at all? :yeshrug:

Matter of fact... "there will be no challenge today!!" Don't even answer.. I don't want to hear it. :pacahaha:

Retards nor faqs were represented, yet here you are. No one's falling for your foolishness. Scram, scum.:hhh:

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

If light skin/mixed people are black, how come they weren't represented in this movie at all? :yeshrug:

Matter of fact... "there will be no challenge today!!" Don't even answer.. I don't want to hear it. :pacahaha:

in all seriousness you're ruining the thread.

back to the greatness though....

tumblr_oxxmeaqOpf1r5zq6ao4_540.gif

my man put in WORK to get to Wakanda.

every single one of those a kill.... so many bodies.

he just wanted to know WHY? He had to ask why they didn't help every black person, but on the inside he just wanted to know why they couldn't just come and get him. shyt hurts.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: So I guess I’ve never seen Captain America Civil War, watching it now on Netflix, I don’t know how I’ve never watched this, maybe I did but don’t remember anything. So at the UN meeting bomb where T’Chaka dies, that’s the same meeting he was speaking at, at the end of Black Panther right?

And T'Challa literally saying the same speech. That's the biggest irony.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So Malcolm wasn’t black because he’s light skinned?

You gotta be a white dude with logic like that