stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
He's one of those full tilt idiots. Ole, "you only black if/I'm pro-black-ER than you" clowns. He's probably TOO woke and needs a nap...preferably a dirt one.

Tell em why you mad, bro. :mjlol:
Ole piss colored nikka. There was no place in this movie for your kind :mjlol:

Black Excellence is dark skin Excellence :blessed:

Shoutout to all my black and brown brothers and sisters that represented us in this movie. Anything lighter is unacceptable and unauthentic. :myman:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
One thing I want to know, considering that nowadays, all "films" are pretty much digitally done, could CGI issues get ironed out by the time they reach blu ray or if they ever did a redux/remaster and whatnot? Anyone that know the movie game know if that could be done, a la gaming patching, lol? Would be great if it could, especially considering that's about really the only flaw of the movie. I reckon they probably wouldn't even do it if, possible, but you never know...
Time is money. This will never ever happen.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Saw it last night. Great Movie and legitimately better than 90% of the Marvel Movies. They hype of the movie scared me but id infact say that much of what I liked about the movie was understated.

As far as the MCU. Id rank it solidly as MINIMUM #2 behind Winter Solider (content wise I enjoyed BP more, but the actions scenes in TWS were immaculately done).

I wont go into praising the cinematography, set/costume design, and score (all of which was collectively the best the MCU has put out) as I feel you guys went into better detail than I.

The aspects of the movie ld like to highlight are:

1. The Worldbuilding: Starting the movie with a very simple but visually appealing telling of the origin of Wakanda/The Black Panther mantle set the tone for the movie. Though out the length of the feature, BP relies solely on the lore and mythology of the BP universe to support the narrative. Not only does this keep the film fresh and distinct, its also impressive considering that BP is an a larger shared universe. BP refreshingly felt independent from the MCU and the fact that it stands up on its own makes the MCU that much more of an expansive universe.

2. Juggling the large cast: Everyone in the movie is given a distinct personality, a purpose, and a moment to shine. Everyone. I especially loved Andy Serkis as he seemed to be enjoying every minute of being Klaw and M'Baku was, IMO, the breakout character of the movie. This pales significantly from say the "Thor" franchise who has no fukkin idea what to do with the rest of the Asgardians (and they just wind up as wallpaper in most of their appearances). Finding a defined role for each of the actors was a testament of love from the creative team and probably why they all have shown so much solidarity/unity with one another in their public appearances promoting the movie.

3. The central conflict: My initial fear about Black Panther was that his conflict is too similar to Iron Man's and Thors. He's the prince of a far away kingdom (ala Thor) and a huge part of his conflict is protecting his "kingdom" (ala Stark). However, the creative team did a really excellent job on focusing on "the weight of the crown" and making T'Challas conflict multi layered. He dealt with internal and external threats. He dealt with self doubt. He dealt with the existential threat of revealing Wakandas existence to the world.

Thankfully the Inhumans flopped and theres no Sub mariner in the MCU, meaning T'Challa can hold a monopoly on the court intrigue themes.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Tell em why you mad, bro. :mjlol:
Ole piss colored nikka. There was no place in this movie for your kind :mjlol:

Black Excellence is dark skin Excellence :blessed:

Yeah, right. Why would I be mad at some lil bytch crying for me to be banned cuz I spoke out on how dumb he is. You should ban yourself from thinking, let alone responding.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Saw it last night. Great Movie and legitimately better than 90% of the Marvel Movies. They hype of the movie scared me but id infact say that much of what I liked about the movie was understated.

As far as the MCU. Id rank it solidly as MINIMUM #2 behind Winter Solider (content wise I enjoyed BP more, but the actions scenes in TWS were immaculately done).

I wont go into praising the cinematography, set/costume design, and score (all of which was collectively the best the MCU has put out) as I feel you guys went into better detail than I.

The aspects of the movie ld like to highlight are:

1. The Worldbuilding: Starting the movie with a very simple but visually appealing telling of the origin of Wakanda/The Black Panther mantle set the tone for the movie. Though out the length of the feature, BP relies solely on the lore and mythology of the BP universe to support the narrative. Not only does this keep the film fresh and distinct, its also impressive considering that BP is an a larger shared universe. BP refreshingly felt independent from the MCU and the fact that it stands up on its own makes the MCU that much more of an expansive universe.

2. Juggling the large cast: Everyone in the movie is given a distinct personality, a purpose, and a moment to shine. Everyone. I especially loved Andy Serkis as he seemed to be enjoying every minute of being Klaw and M'Baku was, IMO, the breakout character of the movie. This pales significantly from say the "Thor" franchise who has no fukkin idea what to do with the rest of the Asgardians (and they just wind up as wallpaper in most of their appearances). Finding a defined role for each of the actors was a testament of love from the creative team and probably why they all have shown so much solidarity/unity with one another in their public appearances promoting the movie.

3. The central conflict: My initial fear about Black Panther was that his conflict is too similar to Iron Man's and Thors. He's the prince of a far away kingdom (ala Thor) and a huge part of his conflict is protecting his "kingdom" (ala Stark). However, the creative team did a really excellent job on focusing on "the weight of the crown" and making T'Challas conflict multi layered. He dealt with internal and external threats. He dealt with self doubt. He dealt with the existential threat of revealing Wakandas existence to the world.

Thankfully the Inhumans flopped and theres no Sub mariner in the MCU, meaning T'Challa can hold a monopoly on the court intrigue themes.

Agreed on most of this, tho...what does Namor have to do with the Inhumans tho? Did you mean Black Bolt?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Agreed on most of this, tho...what does Namor have to do with the Inhumans tho? Did you mean Black Bolt?

In the comics, T'Challa doesnt have as distinct or special a role since two other major characters (Namor and Black Bolt) are also "kings" of their respective kingdoms. shyt he even has to split his shine 3 ways if you count Dr. Doom.

In the MCU however, he's the only king (AFAIK at least seen i haven't seen Thor Raganarok) and thus the BP place in that universe shines even more.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
In the comics, T'Challa doesnt have as distinct or special a role since two other major characters (Namor and Black Bolt) are also "kings" of their respective kingdoms. shyt he even has to split his shine 3 ways if you count Dr. Doom.

In the MCU however, he's the only king (AFAIK at least seen i haven't seen Thor Raganarok) and thus the BP place in that universe shines even more.

Yeah, I know all that, hence me saying "Did you mean Black Bolt" in regards to The Inhumans flopping, considering that Namor, the Submariner, isn't directly affiliated with them. I mean, unless he was also on the Inhumans show at some point, which I'm guessing no, since I never heard anything about it. Never watched the show, so I could be wrong, but I believe he still has contract issues with MCU appearances anyway. So...back to what I was saying. Did you mean Black Bolt, lol?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Yeah, I know all that, hence me saying "Did you mean Black Bolt" in regards to The Inhumans flopping, considering that Namor, the Submariner, isn't directly affiliated with them. I mean, unless he was also on the Inhumans show at some point, which I'm guessing no, since I never heard anything about it. Never watched the show, so I could be wrong, but I believe he still has contract issues with MCU appearances anyway. So...back to what I was saying. Did you mean Black Bolt, lol?

yep meant black bolt. And Namor is tied up with some other studio so he cant be in the MCU anyway.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Brehs and brehettes, i know yall have spoken on it many times already but yo, Chadwick truly impressed me in this film. He gave an acting clinic :wow:

You may not even truly appreciate it the first time, especially when you watched it in a packed theater (because everyone will be focused on the excellently written and delivered punch lines by Shuri and M'Baku, meant specifically to blow the roof off theater crowds).. but the more times i watch the film (4 times now), the more brilliant I find his depiction of T'Challa. The big moments but also the subtleties.

For example, Shuri was fantastic but it was the back and forth with her brother that amplified the scene.

"What are THOSE??" And then cut to BP gleefully showing his open toed shoes that caused the crowd to erupt. Or him kicking the suit the 1st time and Shuri's reaction to him kicking her stuff. Or him kicking it the second time, and his "delete that footage" line that had the crowd roaring in laughter.

Or just his stage presence and predator glare in Challenge Day when M'Baku and the Jabari tribe crash the party. His subtleties and non-verbal communication were A1. And then his dramatic acting... him and Sterling K Brown were gawdly.