Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
27878757_193796684547838_5550410232603082752_n.jpg

When did that happen?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Yo, I just want to say, to any cacs/right wingers out there.

You are not going to get actual black people to dislike this movie. So stop trying with the bogus passive-aggressive reviews. "I liked Blade 1-2 better". Lmao.

Even Asians I know say it's at least top 3 Marvel. This one girl was getting herself wet talking about Chadwick Boseman in front of her boyfriend. It was lowkey hilarious.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not crazy. It was selfish..greedy. Very deliberate..not crazy at all.

Yeah, bro intentionally went to the military to learn "poltitical-destabilization' and guerrilla tactics in the black-ops to help him eventually de-throne T'Challa.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Didn't care for this movie. My expectations were low going in but somehow it fell below that. Typical safe comic book movie with dull action (though the AA/African conflict is one of the most interesting ideas for a movie in a long time)

I'm happy the movie got made and I support the movement. Hopefully it'll lead to more Black big-budget films being made. If it doesn't, then we failed.

I was saying this shyt to a sista I went to see the movie with. But she's AA, and she responded with what Lord Chief Rocka said. :yeshrug:

As an African, it's kinda surreal to hear AAs say that they don't really have any power when I think they're the most powerful Black people on the planet. Y'all are right in a way but in another way, it's some low self-esteem shyt. And I'm not saying that as a diss to y'all - it's totally understandable how centuries of insane oppression and living among white people can lead to low self-esteem. I'd feel the same if I were in your boat.
While I think your movie opinion was shytty, you are 100 on AAs. They have so much social power, they understate their influence in the world.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I have said this MULTIPLE times in the past lol.

Teyonah Parris and/or Nicole Behari would be SLAM DUNK casting for the love interest.

HOWEVER

I am not entirely angered at the prospect of Lupita being the love interest IF they are going to go about it the right way..

1). Lupita would NOT be cast as any incarnation of Monica Lynne or any foreign born character. She would have to be Wakandan and she would HAVE to be formidable in her own right.

2). Cast her as either a high ranking Dora Milaje who T'Challa comes to value as a respected ally and eventually fall in love with. Basically the love story would be the reverse of Thor, where Lady Sif was obviously his perfect match but the movie followed the comics Thor/Jane Foster shipping :huhldup:. Or you can cast her as a Wakandan scientist who invents a lot of Black Panther's high tech gear and weapons. Whichever they go with, she HAS to play a crucial role within Wakansa and T'Challa's life OUTSIDE of the love interest

3). Cast a younger unknown African actress to
Play Shuri. If they signed Lupita as Shuri right away then fans would be expecting such a high profile actres yo immediately take center stage, which would come at the cost of further developing Chadwicke as T'Challa. If they cast an unknown that can GROW into role (as Shuri herself did in the Comics) then it would make sense within the larger narrative. Shuri probably shouldn't have the huge of a role until the second Panther film either way.

Damn I was on point:jawalrus: