Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Hopefully White Wolf won't be in this AT ALL. God I loathe that token white boy:pacspit:

And as far as Kilmonger being too big, You won't find TOO MANY 6 "7" 300 pounds of solid muscle actors out there who have the acting talent (and let's face it, hype) of MBJ. Black Widow is supposed to be a Russian Assassin and she's played by American Scarlett Johannson (not even with a HINT of accent)

Thor is supposed to be 6 "8" and is played by 6 "3" inch Chris Hemsworth. MJB is only 5 "11" but he can certainly bulk up (as proved by Creed) amd he has the talent to play the intellectual equal of T'Challa. Plus Kilmonger is the sort of person whose charisma allows him to easily manipulate and lead people, and we all know MJB has that in spades. He can do Kilmonger justice.

Told the doubters a long time ago :sas2:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
There is no way that AAs are the most powerful black group. Even if AAs make more income than other blacks due to being in US. That’s just income it’s not wealth, land, ownership

Nigeria has its own oil fields. Whites own 95% of all the land in the US. That’s not an exaggeration.

It’s just a reality.

AAs could have developed some significant power if the federal government didn’t allow Jim Crow and Redlining to happen
Social capitol does have value. That probably what he should have said

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Didn't care for this movie. My expectations were low going in but somehow it fell below that. Typical safe comic book movie with dull action (though the AA/African conflict is one of the most interesting ideas for a movie in a long time)

I'm happy the movie got made and I support the movement. Hopefully it'll lead to more Black big-budget films being made. If it doesn't, then we failed.

I was saying this shyt to a sista I went to see the movie with. But she's AA, and she responded with what Lord Chief Rocka said. :yeshrug:

As an African, it's kinda surreal to hear AAs say that they don't really have any power when I think they're the most powerful Black people on the planet. Y'all are right in a way but in another way, it's some low self-esteem shyt. And I'm not saying that as a diss to y'all - it's totally understandable how centuries of insane oppression and living among white people can lead to low self-esteem. I'd feel the same if I were in your boat.

@Zero was right. :Ugh5150:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_p4bfxexOaL1r2xz9jo7_r1_250.gif
:mjcry:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Because mass and leaness doesnt work that way. It's precisely because shooting schedules are so tight, and different roles require different sizes, that they have to juice. Jackman was the most obvious.

True that.......

But speaking of shooting schedules.....
MBJ from Fruitville to BP.

That’s 2013-2018, dude did only 4 movies. That’s more than enough time to get right if you work at it. He ain’t have that Rock, Kevin Hart, etc schedule where he’s working back to back.

Give us a bank load of money to be comfortable and few jobs here and there to keep it rolling and all the time in the world.

We could get yoked naturally, like we been in prison ir some shyt

Martha

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
kME1uR2.png
0.57-1.23
giphy.gif

The woman that starts singing :mjcry::wow::wow::mjcry:

Are you referring to the comics? Because in the comics it is canonically been shown that Kilmonger is the ONLY BP adversary who provides both an intellectual and physical threat to T’Cgalla. The scene where Kilmonger throws T’Challa over the waterfall is actually lifted straight from canon.

I agree with Kareem here though.
One misstep is the hand-to-hand combat that anoints T'Challa the Black Panther and king of Wakanda. While physical prowess is necessary for an action hero, it is not the main attribute of a king. I would have preferred to see a challenge that involved a combination of intelligence, wisdom and athleticism over just brawling. The fights undercut the logic of Wakanda being so technologically advanced.
*don't let the headline fool you he LOVED the movie*
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on 'Black Panther': All This Fuss Over a Superhero Movie?
I sort of wish they found way to show off each other's intelligence. I also think if they did carry out the fights then we should have at least gotten a scene with Killmonger pointing out how rigid their tradition/system that it would allow for something like that. Almost shyt talking Okoye (who holds traditional beliefs) about his ascent to the throne because their isolation has somewhat restricted them.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
While I think your movie opinion was shytty, you are 100 on AAs. They have so much social power, they understate their influence in the world.
I'm well aware of Black power in North America. They killed Martin, Tupac..They brought down Michael Jackson and labeled him a pervert. The agenda has been so simple to see every year of our lives. When a Black American amasses power, something always pops up..except for Oprah and Jordan. They don't mess with them. Russel Simmons exposed as a freak and pervert. Mike Tyson brought down with a rape charge..used to be worth 400 million. Just got to pay attention.

Then there are other interesting things..Asian women always hooking up with white boys...coast to coast. Lol. I'm tickled by the entire foray. This stuff is entertainment to me.