Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Finally saw it. Dope flick (a bit predictable, but at this point in my movie snobbiness, I don't consider predictability to be a poison pill).

It's very clearly a white man's story/property, tho, so I think Black folk need to chill on sucking it off. They pretty much shyt on American Blacks, really non-Wakanda blacks in general. They did Erik Killmonger DIRTY! They made him a madman to avoid having a real discussion on what he was proposing.:snoop:

:gucci::gucci::gucci::gucci:Killmonger essentially changed Wakandas society forever and he sort of won because despite how he went about things he some what had a point.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
People saying it got off to a slow start, but I don't agree with that.

I loved the the first hour.Had me fully enhtralled.

The movie didn't slow down until after the Klaue interrogation IMO.

Up until that point, I was ready to give this a 9.5

Yeah, I SMMFH at folks talking about it started slow. I definitely noticed more white folks on that tip than black reviewers. The world building and character development/introduction of the first hour was more than satisfying to me. Like...Ionno how folks felt that it was slow when there was like 3 different types of action sequences within the first 45 minutes. Only thing was that they 2/3 of them were pretty quick. The pace of the movie was pretty brisk to me. I would've been down easily for another 35+ minutes for more exposition and expanding of scenes, backstory, etc. Extend a couple fight sequences too.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just came back from seeing the movie.

Killmonger Pops was the real one, not Killmonger.

Killmonger Pops wanted to give Wakanda resources to black people globally to empower themselves. While Killmonger wanted black people to rule the world but black people would look at him as the world King. nikka was on some power hungry shyt

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Just came back from seeing the movie.

Killmonger Pops was the real one, not Killmonger.

Killmonger Pops wanted to give Wakanda resources to black people globally to empower themselves. While Killmonger wanted black people to rule the world but black people would look at him as the world King. nikka was on some power hungry shyt

He was broken that was the point, Eric way of going about things stemmed from his background but he wasn’t completely wrong. In later films I think there will clearly be repercussions to Wakanda revealing themselves. If we apply real world logic, America will be on that weapons of mass destruction shyt looking to “liberate” Wakanda. T’Challa has just opened a hornets nest and later films will decide if he is right.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
He was broken that was the point, Eric way of going about things stemmed from his background but he wasn’t completely wrong. In later films I think there will clearly be repercussions to Wakanda revealing themselves. If we apply real world logic, America will be on that weapons of mass destruction shyt looking to “liberate” Wakanda. T’Challa has just opened a hornets nest and later films will decide if he is right.
Yeah and this being marvel.....western powers are even worse. Norman Osborn the green goblin became head of shield and look at what he did to asgard.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Watch DC rush Cyborg and John Stewart Green Lantern after seeing the $$$$ coming in from Black Panther

they should've been done a john stewart movie. he makes Hal Jordan look like some bullshyt....but i bet now that they see the money out there they'll do some sloppy job instead of giving the story it's proper due like Coogler did with BP