Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
movie has done 360 million in a weekend,:wow:

for brehs who knows this box office record, does that make it bests elling comic movie ever or what?:lupe:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder if Coogler got a flat fee or some back end incentives.....

I think he probably getting something extra considerin the hefty amount of interviews and press he's been involved in with the movie. I mean, I don't think I've ever seen a director get this much attention with/during the promotion of any movie.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
movie has done 360 million in a weekend,:wow:

for brehs who knows this box office record, does that make it bests elling comic movie ever or what?:lupe:

In the United States, it’s #2 behind the original Avengers movie.

As for solo/origin films.... it’s #1 all time:wow:

As for films in general, it’s #5 behind Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Jurassic World and the Avengers.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
In the United States, it’s #2 behind the original Avengers movie.

As for solo/origin films.... it’s #1 all time:wow:

As for films in general, it’s #5 behind Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Jurassic World and the Avengers.
full

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just seen it, not sure about the best MCU or CBM ever but i liked that it had a air of gravity to it that sort of transcends it beyond your typical CB movie.

Not an overly emotional dude but there were some scenes that had me :mjcry:like the end of the first fight with m'baku where hes annointed king. And of course killmonger at the end.

Pacing was a bit off and it could have done with better action (not talking about quantity). The editing of clips were very amateur. Biggest negatives tho were CGI obviously i mean my gawd, the last fight was blade2/ dragon ballz fight in matrix revolutions/sam raimi spiderman level bad. When tchalla meets his dad to confront him about the 'lie' whilst hes shouting/shaking the background looked so fake and green screen it was like he was cutting an old wrestling promo

2nd, tho unpopular was lupita, not convincing as a spy, warrior, love interest or dare i say actress even..And lastly ross, i get it but i wish it didnt have to happen.

Positives were the characters, villians were on point going to miss them. Leticia wright was a revelation. Unfortunately boseman kind of makes for a boring lead but acting cant be denied. All in all i cant wait to see where they go with the sequel

Comic heads
most of my knowledge of the character is "most dangerous man alive" but something irked me. The way t'challa acquiesces so easily to accepting ross's help. I get why feige would do it but is their a publication where bp is so willing to work with an outsider let alone a white?

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just seen it, not sure about the best MCU or CBM ever but i liked that it had a air of gravity to it that sort of transcends it beyond your typical CB movie.

Not an overly emotional dude but there were some scenes that had me :mjcry:like the end of the first fight with m'baku where hes annointed king. And of course killmonger at the end.

Pacing was a bit off and it could have done with better action (not talking about quantity). The editing of clips were very amateur. Biggest negatives tho were CGI obviously i mean my gawd, the last fight was blade2/ dragon ballz fight in matrix revolutions/sam raimi spiderman level bad. When tchalla meets his dad to confront him about the 'lie' whilst hes shouting/shaking the background looked so fake and green screen it was like he was cutting an old wrestling promo

2nd, tho unpopular was lupita, not convincing as a spy, warrior, love interest or dare i say actress even..And lastly ross, i get it but i wish it didnt have to happen.

Positives were the characters, villians were on point going to miss them. Leticia wright was a revelation. Unfortunately boseman kind of makes for a boring lead but acting cant be denied. All in all i cant wait to see where they go with the sequel

Comic heads
most of my knowledge of the character is "most dangerous man alive" but something irked me. The way t'challa acquiesces so easily to accepting ross's help. I get why feige would do it but is their a publication where bp is so willing to work with an outsider let alone a white?
agent Ross took a bullet for the future queen of wakanda breh he felt obligated and thus made sense with how in the end he wanted to help the world

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Is this nikka really in this thread upset cause black ppl are wearing African garb???

:dahell:
:russ: at this desperate attempt at daps. Didnt know we had heat:ehh: but i will bite, lets take the cornyess out of the equation and just focus on the spirit behind it which is being stated as "honouring roots" (why it took a cbm to get there i do not know but thats a topic for another day). My q is is it really honouring when you havent even done the research to appropriately name the attire you are donning?

Last edited: