Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Killmonger grew up in a dusty apartment in Oakland. Dad got killed. Single mom household. Black in America. Was told all these stories about a beautiful country but, had no clue how to get there. Then, as he gets older, he grows bitter because he didn't have his dad, was left by Wakanda to grow up alone and this mythical place had all the answers for all the pain he experienced in America but, they were HYON status. Turned him into a monster. But after he got stabbed, you could see he was really just a kid that was searching for home. Coogler tackled all the nuances and minutia of growing up without a father, feeling abandoned and Africans in the Diaspora being cut off from their culture in one fell swoop :wow:
Which is why T'Challa wanted to save him :to:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Winter Soldier: What brings you here?:leostare:
Black Panther: I want the throne:birdman:

full

The best super hero movies are wildly entertaining but one word I've never used for them is powerful. This movie has so many themes that anchored it to the real world socially and gave it impact beyond anything ever seen on top of the entertainment value.

Kilmonger was as good as advertised. That first fight with him and T'Challa had tension:whew:. You could feel how high the stakes were and the way it ended:damn:. There hasn't been an ideological contrast between hero and villain done this well. His emotion felt real and the sympathy you felt for him was justified. Everyone kept hyping his last line so I was waiting for it and it hit me hard:mjcry:. Everyone who hated on MBJ as the villain come forward and hold the L:ufdup:

The performances were great. Chadwick did his thing as expected. All of the women were incredible. Letitia Wright got next. I loved how playful her character was with T'Challa. She was clowning him just like a little sister:russ:

Personally a flaw in a movie has to be noticed in the moment and break my immersion. Nothing here did that. Not once did I stop to think about a scene that could have been done better or a line the made me cringe. I can't really find a flaw.

Scottie Coogler and Michael B. Jordan with the 3 peat:mjgrin:

Blacks folks across the globe are loving this:MyBrotha:

$192 million domestic, 387 worldwide:blessed:

10/10

Epilogue:
DC stans bend at the knee. Yeah I said it. The foot is still on your neck:umad:

MARVEL GANG FOREVER:MrvlGang:
giphy.gif

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Fukkin b*stards are dogging this movie in the user review section of IMDB.

It truly is in their DNA to hate on anything that isn’t white. No shame, fukkin devils

And once again... why do yall let this stuff get to you? This movie is UNIVERSALLY regarded as quality. And the money it's making backs that up.

Anybody disagreeing with that is just mad or trolling. That'd be like some white person saying the black players in the NBA don't represent the BEST in the world. You know how ridiculous that would sound?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Lot of white people on reddit tryna say it wasnt fukk them :hhh::scust:
fukk them muthafukkas!
We got love for all here at #MarvelSet chain gang!!!
:jbmarvelsmooth:

Marvel gonna hook these lil whiteboys and girls up with that Red Skull solo movie!
:draxnmantislaugh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Potential spoilers....avoid if you haven't seen the movie...

This thread :patrice:

This reply thread :damn: