Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Killmonger grew up in a dusty apartment in Oakland. Dad got killed. Single mom household. Black in America. Was told all these stories about a beautiful country but, had no clue how to get there. Then, as he gets older, he grows bitter because he didn't have his dad, was left by Wakanda to grow up alone and this mythical place had all the answers for all the pain he experienced in America but, they were HYON status. Turned him into a monster. But after he got stabbed, you could see he was really just a kid that was searching for home. Coogler tackled all the nuances and minutia of growing up without a father, feeling abandoned and Africans in the Diaspora being cut off from their culture in one fell swoop :wow:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Right.. Coogler, from what I gather, is showing us that they are a very flawed nation. Wealthy and rich beyond our wildest imagination but yet flawed to the core. Even M'Baku said they've never once came to visit his tribe until now when they finally needed something. They have everything but story and plot wise they needed some type of flaw for the story to progress. Like the character Rey in the new Star Wars flicks- she's great/amazing at everything she does and touches without any plot of how she learned be so good in every single thing.. and it fukks her character off because she has no flaws whatsoever. Wakanda could've been a Rey with their wealth, tech, and beauty but the story actually goes somewhere because they're flawed and closed off from the world physically and mentally.
And what do you know.... he didn't need turning a blind eye to rape camps to illustrate that. Who knew :ohhh:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
It destroyed Age of Ultron. Black Panther is NOW the STANDARD for solo superhero films. Don't ever doubt black...
giphy.gif

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I enjoyed the move. I hope they do the Atlantis v Wakanda angle in a movie. But I was VERY disappointed in the post credit scenes. Squandered opportunity to extend some future storylines.

Black Panther's movie didn't need to be anything to the MCU. That duty was fulfilled through civil war.

And "wolf" showing up at the end was still a decent enough tie in to infinity war of you've seen any trailers.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Couple things I would've liked to have seen.

- T'chaka getting buried. Would've have been a great to see the ceremony and had a glimpse of the entire Wakanda nation celebrating his life and pretty much as an entirety. Also, they could've shown Killmonger watching the news in London about the blast that killed T'chaka and giving off a wry smile to foreshadow his move to strike at Wakanda during this transition of power.

- Maybe a flashback or some direct scene showing the impact of W'Kabi losing his parents to the Klaue's explosion at the border. I didn't like the fact that he turned heel that easily, since him and BP were childhood friends. I'd thought there friendship was stronger than that.

- Killmonger's mom or atleast a reference to her. Basically more of KM backstory. Especially the impact of losing his dad through his formative years. Maybe even show him at his most lethal, taking lives and then scarring himself right after.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
homie Man-Ape providing that well placed comic relief.
:mjlol:

i knew he'd rep tho at the end of the day.

Shuri was adorable!

Kilmonger aint waste NO time tryna put his plan into action.
:deadmanny:
soon as that brother sat his ass down on that throan he was ready to start fukkin shyt up!
:russ:
i need that jacket tho. he was rockin the hell out that shyt in the museum!

Klaw stooooooopid!
:russ:

"look! i made it rain!!"

soon as got back in the crib tho i had to find this page in the Kingpin files.
JLEWUl4.jpg

loved it!
and i can take my lil guy to see tomorrow.
ima be hittin him with mad spoilers just to fukk with him!
:troll: