Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
LOL, you really must be a doom fan, if you love Doom War. Makes sense, I ain't mad. :obama:

Not really much doom, but it he showed T'challa being pushed to his limit and how he handled shyt with lil resources he did have. :heh: nikkas hired deadpool breh.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Yo, is snapping ppls necks a prefered kill move for Wakandans? T'Challa and Shuri do it often to their enemies, and they brutal with it.:merchant:

you noticed that too, it's a Wakandan thing I guess.

But this is a dope thread, Im not fully caught up on BP, Im still on the 1998 run of things. I have the marvel app so i read them on my phone, but sometimes i do skip a decades to read hickmans run of him

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
you noticed that too, it's a Wakandan thing I guess.

But this is a dope thread, Im not fully caught up on BP, Im still on the 1998 run of things. I have the marvel app so i read them on my phone, but sometimes i do skip a decades to read hickmans run of him

1998 run is the Priest run, so you are reading quality material. :obama:

I would recommend reading the other runs as well. IMHO, I think the movie will take from the Priest, McGregor, Hudlin, and Hickman run.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Ziggiy, damn you weren't playing. We really did call it.:whoo:

Only difference is instead of being on the ground unconscious, he was on the ground bleeding after being fukked up by doom.

Hickman was SO predictable and it was exactly what he'd been teasing for years, the complete and utter deconstruction of T'Challa and deitification of Reed.

Congratulations Hickman. You took a genius King and made him an emasculated sidekick. The last time I saw a black man lose all sense of swagger and identity so suddenly and irrevocably his name was Tiger Woods...

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They always cross paths. The time Wakanda was on the brink of war with the nations of Namor, Doom, some other dude and Magento over a half alien
Image00010.jpg
, half human child. Not to mention,

he eventually did get into it with mangneto
941926-bpmagneto.jpg
but i think it was a "what if situation"
What if? Like an alternate reality where it didn't really happen?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
What if? Like an alternate reality where it didn't really happen?

Essentially, in Marvel comics there is was is consider normal continuity (referred to as the 616-universe, now called Earth Prime, I think) and then there is everything else. The House of M story occurs in an alternate reality and thus can be considered somewhat of a what if story.

Nonetheless, the panels were dope.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Hickman was SO predictable and it was exactly what he'd been teasing for years, the complete and utter deconstruction of T'Challa and deitification of Reed.

It's kinda sad that damn every EVERYONE knew T'Challa wasn't going to get a W.

Funny enough, if Hickman had T'Challa go back to event prior to AvX...all would've been forgiven lol.

EDIT: Also, your earlier point about Coates having the opportunity to mend the fences among the BP fan base is really important.

As a fan base, we've all had grievances about various writers, whether it be Hudlin, Aaron, Mayberry, Macgregor, or even Kirby and Priest. However, we ultimately placed that on the writer. We were always on T'Challa's corner.

However, the Hickman run is the first time you had enough BP fans outright questioning whether T'Challa is even up for the task of being a BP. Others are starting to give Shuri a second look, over him. I'm not sure that was Hickman's intention, but that's more or less what has happened. The disagreements also appear to be at a fundamental level, as in one side of the fan base would've done what T'Challa did, and the other would not.

The Hickman run is probably the most impactful one to date. Even Coates mentioned it often. We'll see what the future holds.

Last edited: