Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I saw and loved it. Just needed them to flesh out the characters and storyline more. The soundtrack left a lot to be desired.

I haven't been to the movie theaters in about 10 years or so and even I went to see it. :banderas:

:gucci:

Are you sure you didn't end up getting duped into seeing 50 Shades instead?:usure:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Ross, Dora Milaje, killmonger in a bp suit are all from Priest

A lot of the scenes were straight homages to mcgregor's Jungle Action

panther002.jpg

3270714941_ff3834d5b3_b.jpg

Funny you mention the Dora when they are based off Hudlin's version and not Priest(the ones I prefer because they look sexy af). Killmonger and the Rhino part are good comparison however the way the characters acted especially Shuri and Wakanda's xenophobia are all Hudlin. Many people here even agreed they saw more Hudlin.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just watched it a 3rd time (twice today). I'm 99.5% sure it's the GOAT superhero movie but I may have to watch it one more time tomorrow just to be absolutely sure:feedme: :troll:

I'm pretty sure now that I'm going to see it for dolo for my 3rd viewing on Monday, since I'm off and everyone else will be at work/school.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I didn't stay for either. My wife be running out of the theater. She don't like crowds like that

You better tell her to stay. WTF? People cant sit for 15 more minutes.

Just saw it. Movie is a combination of Star Wars, James Bond and the Lion King. It's the most well acted comic book movie since Nolan's Batman films.
The images and the soundtrack will stay with you, so will the performances. Everyone brought their A-game.
Dont listen to anyone underselling Chadwick Boseman's performance, he's the rock of the entire movie.
And dont listen to any White critic who tries to claim the movie is some kind of metaphor for "feminism" or "liberalism in the age of Trump."
No.
This movie is about Africans and the African diaspora, and the tensions that exist between us.

:salute:

I'm not even going to disagree with you.

I'm just saying that on a cursory level...

Carlton = T'Challa

Will = Killmonger

Dudes wanna go to war over that comparison.

No one is calling anyone a c00n or a sell out or anything like that. I'm just talking about how they see their roles in society at large

It's just a bad comparison breh. It is what it is. :manny:

No need to fight for it. :manny:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Killmonger was such a good villain(I should stop saying that he was a great character)
Man they can only go down from here in that department unless they decide to bring him back for the sequel somehow

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Why are people forgetting that T'challa's duty to Wakandan tradition and secrecy are what made him disagree with Killmonger not to mention, the fear instilled in him by his forbarers about what Wakandan tech loose in the world could do. It's the star trek delimma. Do we give these folks tech that they might use for anything or do we just observe.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Real talk though, they already went through wakanda being known for vibranium in Civil War. That was the whole point of t'chaka's press conference. To come out the shadow