Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Brehs even want our fictional hero's to be safe negros :wow:

Killmonger spend 20 years mastering different combat techniques, infiltrating the CIA, got military expertise, a fukkin doctorate in engineering, ally's in every major city but nikkas still like

":whoa: but...but...but...Spiderman and Massa aint gonna like that. Better to keep it safe :whew:"

:laff: :laff:

Im done

:myman:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
See this is where it falls apart. Killmonger has been training his whole life, Killmonger has been a member of a CIA covert military operation. Killmonger, Killmonger, Killmonger.

Those military dogs he trained with were small units, they had group think and singular purposes. You really think all of Killmonger's training and passion for this cause would just magically infect the few Wakandan war dogs they had? War dogs that grew up in an isolationist country that have never waged war? Matter of fact, let's forget Wakandan war dogs. Black Americans who have grown in a country where they eat and breathe anti-blackness for breakfast lunch and dinner? He didn't think this shyt through at all. I'm telling you his ego and lust for vengeance and power clouded logic.

:mjsmiles:

Yes, let's not forget w'kabi the warrior literally begged like keith sweat for a chance to go clean up the world but was shot down :Strahldup: . Brehs were hungry and waiting for a king to lead em into battle.

What's funny you had fakkit ass loki and chitauri ready to take on the world nad people were like :noah: loki da gawd and all that when avengers dropped

but are like :Strahldup: when killmonger who had his plans set for years, was a tactician, smart knows war and its al but but iron man and ish

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
:mjsmiles:

Yes, let's not forget w'kabi the warrior literally begged like keith sweat for a chance to go clean up the world but was shot down :Strahldup: . Brehs were hungry and waiting for a king to lead em into battle.

What's funny you had fakkit ass loki and chitauri ready to take on the world nad people were like :noah: loki da gawd and all that when avengers dropped

but are like :Strahldup: when killmonger who had his plans set for years, was a tactician, smart knows war and its al but but iron man and ish

Loki's plan was WACK as fukk. No one was sitting around praising Loki for being a genius. He's still a weak villain. I'm not sure why you're bringing him up in a discussion about whether Killmonger's plan was viable. It was a nice pipe dream, but
we can't even get black folks out to march or bend the knee in a peaceful protest but y'all expect black people en masse to look at a vibranium canon and go "Yeah let's kill whitey". :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Was just thinking. If this took place a week after Civil War and T'Challa revealed Wakanda's true power right after, the world should be full of vibranium by the time Thanos shows up, right? Theoretically of course.

T’Challa isn’t going to just start handing out Vibranium like it’s Sunday Candy. That’s not how it works

Wakanda will start assisting the world with their scientific and medical knowledge first and foremost. They also have advanced techniques regarding solar energy, advanced mathematics, and space travel.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I get that you guys like Killmonger but spare me. Klaw is one of Black Panthers oldest villains and one point chief rivals and the person who was responsible for his father death in the comics. Ok you want to go with just the MCU? Klaw is the link to the avengers who went to stop him getting the vibranium to Ultron. He is one of the many ties that bind the MCU together. I understand this a huge moment for blacks in pop culture as we never had a super hero that our kids could look up to that looks like us. But Black Panther is a part of a large narrative that goes beyond his stories and they all must connect to tell that large narrative. Without Klaw the story wouldn’t progress.

Klaw didn't even have to appear in the movie and it would have progressed just fine.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Loki's plan was WACK as fukk. No one was sitting around praising Loki for being a genius. He's still a weak villain. I'm not sure why you're bringing him up in a discussion about whether Killmonger's plan was viable. It was a nice pipe dream, but
we can't even get black folks out to march or bend the knee in a peaceful protest but y'all expect black people en masse to look at a vibranium canon and go "Yeah let's kill whitey". :pachaha:

Why does it have to be 'en masse'? It doesn't take that many to overthrow a country..

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You also can't ignore that some just don't wanna be fukked with and wanna be left alone.

Knowing what Wakanda has with and developed using Vibranium would make them the target of constant wars, hence them wanting to be isolationist as well. shyt, other african tribes and countries would be warring with them too, not just the white colonials. White people waged some of the biggest wars in history versus each other. I don't see why the same shyt wouldn't happen if Wakandans did try and rule the world too.

It's not simple, but again I do wonder what it would be like to be in the position of power/privilege.....

Folks gotta understand, it would've been the world powers and their allies vs Wakanda. Even if Wakanda were to somehow, someway, win that war, at what cost?

On top of that, said war went completely against the Wakandan doctrine. It's no wonder that the Doras broke rank with Killmonger very quickly. No saying how the Wakandan people would've reacted as a whole.

As unfortunate as Killmonger's childhood was, he had to be stopped. T'Challa made the right call.

EDIT: if anything, the film showed that you can have all the power in the world, but you still can't do shyt like that unilaterally. There will be pushback and said pushback can (and in this case, did) ruin the plan.

Last edited:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got back from my 2nd viewing

Nitpicks:

T’Chaka didnt even need to kill N’Jobu. He knocked the gun out of his hand and im sure N’Jobu wouldnt even attempt to fight his brother as the Black Panther.

Why was Shuri so open to telling Agent Ross anything about Wakandan technology? All he needed to know was that she healed him, never mind how.

Its well established that Vibranium weapons can work against anything Vibranium so why did none of W’Kabi soldier swords work on black panther? Their swords were made from Vibranium.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
On top of that, said war went completely against the Wakandan doctrine. It's no wonder that the Doras broke rank with Killmonger very quickly. No saying how the Wakandan people would've reacted as a whole.

actually they didn't okoye did and they followed okoye, doras committed treason from my point of view

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
actually they didn't okoye did and they followed okoye, doras committed treason from my point of view

Killmonger committed treason by breaking Klaw out of prison and helping him steal and sell Wakandian artifacts. Plus he's the son of a traitor who did the same. He should have never been able to challenge.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Killmonger committed treason by breaking Klaw out of prison and helping him steal and sell Wakandian artifacts. Plus he's the son of a traitor who did the same. He should have never been able to challenge.

tumblr_oxxkp8BMV51tctq75o10_540.gif

negged