Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

doublex

Pro
Daps
Killmonger was a colonizer and imperialisst who had the colonizer and imperialist mentality, and created instability in that country andremoved its customs and rituals.

Peep how he didnt say he wanted to free liberated people for their own free will. He said he wanted to unite people under the flag of Wakanda.

That is what colonizers did. If you missed that, then you aren't the black liberation thinker you think you are. (trick statement, you never were that)

He even used the expression: "The sun will never set on the Wakandan Empire."

Brits told lies to justify their imperialism, claiming that it was for the benefit of the conquered (see: "The White Man's Burden"). That bit of dialogue was a huge hint that Killmonger was doing the exact same thing in order to get Wakandans on board with his plan for world domination.

On top of that, he was a psycho who shot his own girlfriend in cold blood and choked an old woman for questioning him. Black people would NOT have wound up benefiting from this guy becoming Earth Emperor.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
He actually won over the guy from Get Out. Sadly they could've at least showed their interaction. Killmonger went from waking up to the border to calling Angela Bassett auntie.

It's like this movie was trying to be a action drama but got reeled back into a cliche super hero movie.

he showed up at the border with the body of Klaw, a guy who killed w'kabi parents a guy who w'kabi wanted.
If a dude killed your parents and you were hunting him for years and suddenly some dude you dont know shows up with his body, hell id follow that nikka to the ends of the earth.

W'kabi realized killmonger was about action, while t'challa kept failing to deliver,

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
and why is everyone stuck on this he raised up a old woman, the old woman who had no authority no right questioned the king.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Op calls himself Marvel gang yet THIS is the film he uses as evidence for Marvel's laziness :mjpls:

Um yeah. Black Panther should've been introduced sooner. The ONLY reason why it worked out the way it did was the actors who they chose. None of them would've been cast for this 5 years ago.

My complaint is with how they do the phases. What worked in Phase 1 and 2 just don't cut it no more for me and apparently Kevin Feige agrees because he even said they won't be doing phases anymore.

With the inclusion of the x-men and fantastic 4, they will have to create a new playbook.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He even used the expression: "The sun will never set on the Wakandan Empire."

Brits told lies to justify their imperialism, claiming that it was for the benefit of the conquered (see: "The White Man's Burden"). That bit of dialogue was a huge hint that Killmonger was doing the exact same thing in order to get Wakandans on board with his plan for world domination.

On top of that, he was a psycho who shot his own girlfriend in cold blood and choked an old woman for questioning him. Black people would NOT have wound up benefiting from this guy becoming Earth Emperor.

He didn't shoot her in cold blood. That's why she said sorry to him, because she knew she fukked up

In the black panther cartoon Klaw has black panther's mother hostage and black panther says go ahead and kill her, his mother says thats my son lol

thats the wakanda mentality

She would rather him shoot her then be used as a hostage

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
He actually won over the guy from Get Out. Sadly they could've at least showed their interaction. Killmonger went from waking up to the border to calling Angela Bassett auntie.

It's like this movie was trying to be a action drama but got reeled back into a cliche super hero movie.

He won him over cause he brought in Killmonger when T'Challa failed. There could have been an entire scene based around him getting at T'Challa for not being a king who can get things done for his people and kissing Killmonger's ring.

The movie is full of these not quite right emotional beats.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
without the backing of the w'kabi he had nothing
Not really. He killed Forest Whitaker in front of everybody and they fell in line. The Dora fell in line immediately even though Shuri and her mother were still around to contest him.

As king he is all powerful. He could have anyone removed from power. He had no respect for traditions. That's why he burned the flowers. Destablizing Wakanda's power structure was part of his plan.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
At the end of the day killmonger beat the shyt out of t’chala with ease in a fair one. :yeshrug:
Kilmonger won by dq. Imagine a ref stopping you from finishing an opponenet and say hit me instead:why:

Then tchalla drank the herb he was banned fron drinking to win.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The only thing I disagree that killmonger did is destroying the herb, i would have given a herb to everyone who was down with me w'kabi etc. and send them out in the world.