Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
The whole vibranium stuff is starting to become lazy.

Killmonger should never have been related, T'Chaka stabbing his own brother in the chest didn't make sense to me.

I think they are starting to lose track of stories from the comics that they modify to fit in the movies.

It was just ok for me not even close to the best marvel film.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Your opinion with spies is meh at best. WAKANDA wasn't off the radar, just their tech.

Furthermore, age of ultron would've been a good time to come out.

I get the need to defend Marvels every move. At one point people complained about the tv characters not crossing over until it faded. 19 movies and 10 movies deep. They make mistakes. When you're running a universe that big, flaws every now and then are to be expected.

How they treated Wakanda is one of their biggest. AND YES marvel uses a formula. And everybody has tried to copy it. Eventually you have to do something new. You could see how and why they thought this was their most important marvel movie to date. But if Wakanda was in Israel and black panther was white tiger or some shyt, that culture would've been introduced years ago into the MCU.

And for the record I paid to see it twice. And I'm seeing it again tomorrow. I just want shyt to be done right. I want BP to be higher than any other character. Anything less isn't acceptable.

What story in the MCU would a Wakandan spy's input be necessary?
Age of Ultron had enough story lines, it didn't need a Wakandan spy just popping up.
I would have no problem with them doing BP sooner but they didn't. Like I said who cares at this point? I don't. :yeshrug:
I didn't know you were so displeased with the MCU until AFTER the BP movie comes out. lol How does that work?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Out of all the marvel movies you can poke holes through and point out flaws in, you choose Black Panther.

Yeah. The movie means that much.

Killmonger could've been saved. In all honestly, I hated that T'Challa automatically decided to just fight instead of talk to him and try to resolve it. Nobody knew that secret. Maybe he betrays him in the 2nd or 3rd movie. They could've did more.

But again..for the 100th time. The acting, directing, cinematography and score were 10's. This is more of an indictment on Marvel and how they structure their movies. It worked for the first 2 or 3 phases. But how can I get excited about an Antman trailer when infinity war is over 2 months away?

doublex

Pro
Daps
After watching this movie a second time I had to make a thread to rip it as well as marvel :snoop:

This movie should been so much more and Black Panther should've been the FIRST phase 2 movie not iron man 3 :mjpls:

They teased Wakanda in iron man 2 :mindblown:

Wakanda should be the center of the MCU, not the Avengers tower.

Ike Perlmutter, notorious racist, was in charge of Marvel Studios then. He would have never greenlit Black Panther.

Things are different now. BP is now the most successful MCU hero at the box office, bigger than Iron Man. He's the new central figure of the Marvel universe.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
MBJ should go more into Drama. Killmonger dying was the only time MBJ disappeared and Erik was on screen. The character itself was so good, it could be easy to look past the acting, but I couldn’t.

The problem was he only had two speeds in the whole movie.

Killmonger never tried to win over anyone in Wakanda about what he was going to do. Being King meant they had to follow their traditions, like the Dora Milaje wrestled with at first, so MBJ had to be smug and angry the whole movie. Nothing else.

If they'd had one scene like Magneto and Xavier had in First Class like the chessboard scene for T'Challa and Killmonger. Two people who think they're right. I think it would have made Killmonger a more nuanced villain.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Killmonger never tried to win over anyone in Wakanda about what he was going to do. Being King meant they had to follow their traditions, like the Dora Milaje wrestled with at first, so MBJ had to be smug and angry the whole movie. Nothing else.

If they'd had one scene like Magneto and Xavier had in First Class like the chessboard scene for T'Challa and Killmonger. Two people who think they're right. I think it would have made Killmonger a more nuanced villain.

:childplease:, there was a scene in the movie where he sought council. Okoye was giving her wisdom and if W'Kabi were to agree there was no way his plan would go through, W'kabi agreed that the old ways are old and this is a new generation of conquerors and conquered

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Killmonger was a colonizer and imperialisst who had the colonizer and imperialist mentality, and created instability in that country andremoved its customs and rituals.

Peep how he didnt say he wanted to free liberated people for their own free will. He said he wanted to unite people under the flag of Wakanda.

That is what colonizers did. If you missed that, then you aren't the black liberation thinker you think you are. (trick statement, you never were that)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
:childplease:, there was a scene in the movie where he sought council. Okoye was giving her wisdom and if W'Kabi were to agree there was no way his plan would go through, W'kabi agreed that the old ways are old and this is a new generation of conquerors and conquered
He already had a plan. Telling someone what you're going to do isn't seeking council.

If he had done it before he became King, it would have meant him trying to challenge T'Challa's orders.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Killmonger was a colonizer and imperialisst who had the colonizer and imperialist mentality, and created instability in that country andremoved its customs and rituals.

Peep how he didnt say he wanted to free liberated people for their own free will. He said he wanted to unite people under the flag of Wakanda.

That is what colonizers did. If you missed that, then you aren't the black liberation thinker you think you are. (trick statement, you never were that)

:ehh: negged

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
He already had a plan. Telling someone what you're going to do isn't seeking council.

If he had done it before he became King, it would have meant him trying to challenge T'Challa's orders.

without the backing of the w'kabi he had nothing

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

He actually won over the guy from Get Out. Sadly they could've at least showed their interaction. Killmonger went from waking up to the border to calling Angela Bassett auntie.

It's like this movie was trying to be a action drama but got reeled back into a cliche super hero movie.