Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
He swore to bring back Klaue and failed.

Trying to make excuses for his failure ("But it wasn't my fault, Killmonger outsmarted me!") would have just made him look even weaker than he already did coming home empty-handed.

Having a strong king is very important in Wakandan culture, hence the ritual battle used to determine who sits on the throne.

Hearing that Killmonger got the better of T'Challa before he showed up with Klaue's dead body would have just made W'Kabi even more disgusted with T'Challa.

And hearing about it after Killmonger showed up with Klaue's dead body would have just made W'Kabi even more determined to support Killmonger: The stronger man, the man who was able to get the job done.

There's no law that says you're ineligible for the throne based on your father's crimes. All you need is royal blood.
but killmonger worked with klaw too :BlackPantherUmad:

after that Hatut Zeraze investigation into his actions prior to the election, his ass woulda been grass :BlackPantherYouMad:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
R0HmCn9.png
m8Idonc.png

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I am equally as baffled, breh killed it in the role. How are you going to watch that scene with him and his dad and say dude can’t act.
MBJ should go more into Drama. Killmonger dying was the only time MBJ disappeared and Erik was on screen. The character itself was so good, it could be easy to look past the acting, but I couldn’t.

Wallace from The Wire was his most believable role, trying to play tough when he’s really not about that life...

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
MBJ should go more into Drama. Killmonger dying was the only time MBJ disappeared and Erik was on screen. The character itself was so good, it could be easy to look past the acting, but I couldn’t.

Wallace from The Wire was his most believable role, trying to play tough when he’s really not about that life...

I bought into who the character was supposed to be and felt MBJ conveyed his emotions convincingly. The part where he dropped the line to T,Challa about the 2 billion people suffering round the world. You could legit hear the hatred in his voice and see it in his eyes. I respect your opinion but I thought he was brilliant and captivating in the role.

doublex

Pro
Daps
but killmonger worked with klaw too :BlackPantherUmad:

after that Hatut Zeraze investigation into his actions prior to the election, his ass woulda been grass :BlackPantherYouMad:

He tricked Klaue into helping him steal a piece of vibranium from a British museum (which Wakanda didn't want the Brits to have anyway) in order to draw T'Challa's attention, then embarrassed T'Challa by stealing Klaue out from under his nose, then killed Klaue and delivered his body to W'Kabi, the influential leader of the Border Tribe who wanted Klaue dead more than anything.

He
held Klaue accountable for his crimes by executing the man himself. Which is more than the CIA would have done. Who are actually the ones who had custody of Klaue, not T'Challa. Because T'Challa was unwilling to just take what he wanted from the Americans by force.

That was the difference in their leadership styles. Killmonger took what he wanted, he killed ruthlessly and decisively, and he didn't care about playing well with others. T'Challa, on the other hand, tried to be diplomatic, cared what the world thought of him (which is why he wouldn't kill Klaue in front of the Korean crowd), and attempted (unsuccessfully) to negotiate with Ross into getting custody.

Having all this information would have just confirmed for W'Kabi that Killmonger was the man to back.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L

Can't front...kinda felt like he was Apollo Creed son again but this time he had super human powers and dread locks

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Hopefully they work on that in the next film forward... I expected him to be highly trained in combat like Cap before the Herb... :francis: I was slightly like...:beli: come on son you should have been on your bruce Wayne steeze training from all types of martial arts from all types of masters...So you won't get caught Lacking fam...
Maybe because the writers wanted to humanized TChalla. :manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
He tricked Klaue into helping him steal a piece of vibranium from a British museum (which Wakanda didn't want the Brits to have anyway) in order to draw T'Challa's attention, then embarrassed T'Challa by stealing Klaue out from under his nose, then killed Klaue and delivered his body to W'Kabi, the influential leader of the Border Tribe who wanted Klaue dead more than anything.

He
held Klaue accountable for his crimes by executing the man himself. Which is more than the CIA would have done. Who are actually the ones who had custody of Klaue, not T'Challa. Because T'Challa was unwilling to just take what he wanted from the Americans by force.

That was the difference in their leadership styles. Killmonger took what he wanted, he killed ruthlessly and decisively, and he didn't care about playing well with others. T'Challa, on the other hand, tried to be diplomatic, cared what the world thought of him (which is why he wouldn't kill Klaue in front of the Korean crowd), and attempted (unsuccessfully) to negotiate with Ross into getting custody.

Having all this information would have just confirmed for W'Kabi that Killmonger was the man to back.
all i read is killmonger was laughin in the back of the ambulance with the guy that killed many wakandans :comeon:

once again, once it was revealed he was busy playin spades with the one armed colonizer, that coup woulda been on and poppin :BlackPantherYouMad:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
After seeing black panther a second time I realized just how flawed this movie is and how the MCU has gotten lazy with their movies. As a Marvel Stan I pay attention to everything and it's clear the studio has become complacent. And the fact that Feinge has said they won't be doing phases anymore shows I'm right.

For one Black Panther should've gotten a origins movie. But his shoehorn into Civil War plus the fact that it's dropping months before Infinity War killed that idea.

For two this movie should've been 3 hours minimum or at least split into 2 parts. And because it wasn't the story suffered greatly. The ONLY thing that saved this movie from being shyt was the actor performances, cinematography and score.

For 3 if you gonna make a film in Africa.....FILM the bytch in AFRICA. And if you're going to use cgi would it hurt to used the same equipment that was used to make AVATAR? I think a lot of studios that make these super hero movies used way to much cgi to cut costs but in the end it hurts the product.

Spoilers.

Killmonger

1. How does the Winter Soldier get to live but not Killmonger? T'Challa is his blood but both were too quick to kill each other. Didn't make sense. People say Killmonger is better than Loki and compared him to Heath Ledgers joker but both of those villains survived. Just a thought.

2. Unless Killmonger knew Zemo was going to blow up that building, ain't no way in hell he knew T'Challa was going to be crowned king and show up that fast. Showing up that early was the only chance he would've had realistically. Killmonger s back story was so rushed that the only two white characters were inserted just to give exposotion and to lazily fill in gaps in his story arc.

3. IF Wakanda has spies in every country then they should've had some type of roll throughout the entire MCU, including shows like agents of shield. Their fingerprints should be all over the MCU by now. And how isolated can you be if again, you got spies all over the world?

4. They should've kept the entire movie in Wakanda. But again, they had to get that obligatory Asian location to make up for the lack of one in Thor and Spiderman.

I could keep going but I'm gonna end it with this. After you get past the emotions, Black Panther and Wakanda have been grossly neglected. It should've been the First Movie of phase 2. I think after civil war, Marvel is trying to make up for what should've been integrated a long time ago.

They bumped BP for spiderman which speaks to their initial confidence level.

All in all, Marvel is starting to become it's own worst enemy and it's becoming quantity over quality.

Seeing black panther and certain Wakandans in the infinity war trailer took a little peice of excitement from the black panther movie. They also need to stop with the release dates of their movies. Just wait until the last minute. Instead of wasting money on marketing, they should use more of in on the film.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
After watching this movie a second time I had to make a thread to rip it as well as marvel :snoop:

This movie should been so much more and Black Panther should've been the FIRST phase 2 movie not iron man 3 :mjpls:

They teased Wakanda in iron man 2 :mindblown:

Wakanda should be the center of the MCU, not the Avengers tower.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

I'm willing to take negs in speaking the truth.

If Klaw stole the vibranium 30 years ago aint no way in hell it would either be a secret as much as he planned his mouth. Hell I'm surprised he didn't tell Ultron.

Furthermore, how does Killmonger get close to Klaw but not ONE spy :mindblown:

Don't get me wrong, I support this movie and love the cast . But Marvel fukked up. They fukked up by not integrating Wakanda sooner.