Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Y’all mad T’Challa had this help, but Killmonger should’ve just finished the damn job rather than tossing him off a cliff after Zuri was killed. He’s in our age group, he played Tekken 2... he knew how this would end:francis:. His arrogance cost him:yeshrug:

:laff: at the Tekken reference. He should have thrown him a volcano.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
myTphhc.jpg

:demonic::heh:
:blessed:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
There’s ZERO chance of that happening. Bucky isn’t a Wakandan and even though Wakanda is interested in sharing and helping the outside world they would NEVER allow an outsider the chance of dojg something as important as guarding Wakandan’s borders. That White Wolf Thing was just a clever waster egg for fans who have read the comics. Nothing more

I hope you're right. I know how you feel about the character as whole so hopefully coogler and co do their best to keep Wakanda strictly wakandan. With that said, i def want to see the hatut zeraze (sp) introduced at some point.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
t’chala was pretty reckless in trying to keep wakanda a secret. :patrice:

high speed chases through Korean streets while on top of a Lexus in the panther suit, letting Koreans take pictures and videos of him in his suit, double parking a wakandan ship in the middle of the hood. :patrice:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
These guys bring up a few good points. Namely, how T'Challa could have pointed out that Killmonger broke Klaw out of custody and help him slip from being held accountable for his crimes. Also, the fact that Killmonger's father working with Klaw makes his father a traitor, which would seem to nullify his right to challenge T'Challa.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Killmonger, the character, was great. Loves his story.

Wallace trying to act tough ruined it. MBJ can’t act to me, so he was my only negative from the movie.

I actually agree, MBJ overacted, IMO. It was like he was trying really hard to play a caricature of a villain. But I thought Andy Serkis overracted as well. They were both chewing up the scenery.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Killmonger, the character, was great. Loves his story.

Wallace trying to act tough ruined it. MBJ can’t act to me, so he was my only negative from the movie.
His one trick pony style of acting was actually perfect for the role :heh:

doublex

Pro
Daps
These guys bring up a few good points. Namely, how T'Challa could have pointed out that Killmonger broke Klaw out of custody and help him slip from being held accountable for his crimes.

He swore to bring back Klaue and failed.

Trying to make excuses for his failure ("But it wasn't my fault, Killmonger outsmarted me!") would have just made him look even weaker than he already did coming home empty-handed.

Having a strong king is very important in Wakandan culture, hence the ritual battle used to determine who sits on the throne.

Hearing that Killmonger got the better of T'Challa before he showed up with Klaue's dead body would have just made W'Kabi even more disgusted with T'Challa.

And hearing about it after Killmonger showed up with Klaue's dead body would have just made W'Kabi even more determined to support Killmonger: The stronger man, the man who was able to get the job done.

Also, the fact that Killmonger's father working with Klaw makes his father a traitor, which would seem to nullify his right to challenge T'Challa.

There's no law that says you're ineligible for the throne based on your father's crimes. All you need is royal blood.