Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Ok so now that I read through this post....

I missed 30 mins of the movie because of the concession line. I made it literally right at the museum scene.

Shuri was INCREDIBLE. She was funny. Literally everyone of her funny lines had the audience rolling. Smart. Witty. Loyal. Queen.

Okoye DID THAT.

When the rhino ran up to her and licked her face lmaoooo
When W’Kabi asked her if she’d really kill him and she let him know she was about that life.

When he bowed to her the whole theatre clapped.

M’Baku was a goddamn fool fukking with the white man :russ:

M’baku: Talk one mo time im feeding you to my kids :birdman:

Cracker: :sadcam:

M’baku: JK we vegetarian cacbreh :troll:

T’Challa was the least interesting main character to me. :yeshrug:

I watched the movie at the Magic Johnson theatre so you know my showing was LIT. It was 97% black lol. literally only like 3 white people. Everyone dressed up. nikkas really brought out the drums. Jokes hitting all at the right parts.

I loved the connection between Wakanda/Oakland. That was great. Killmonger was funny as hell too

“Hi Aunty :troll:

His ocean line made me feel really heavy.
When he said that line the whole audience reacted. Made me feel really sad and heavy. I wanna know my roots :mjcry:

But my favorite part, more than anything, were the woman. Wakanda wouldn’t last a week without the women. :banderas:

So proud to be a black :scrai:

Imma watch it again.

Glad that u enjoyed it and saw how whites got called out.

ozzy

Pro
Daps
so watched the movie yesterday it was really good. we black people are really beautiful and our culture too. I was surprised to see asians and white people at the cinema because I thought they won't be showing any support and when they were making those white people joke I was looking at the white people in front of me to see if they are going to laugh too. I was quite surprised they killed Michael B because normally super heros don't kill people I loved when he said to bury him in the oceans with his ancestors. I left that theater with a high no drug on earth could provide me.

Last edited:

Jards

All Star
Daps
Spoiler review criticiqing it from the African perspective:

Dude said at the premiere when the Shuri says the coloniser line, the Black people erupted and cheered while the white people sat next to him got nervous and started looking at the floor :russ:

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
So T'challa like if some mufukkas gotta get popped to keep them from exposing Wakanda, so be it.

Not only does T'Challa expose Wakanda but also gives away its tech. So based on your assessment, what was the point?

Last edited:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Killmonger is an excellent villain but also very contradictory in his actions compared to his self stated purpose. So I'd be wary of anyone that supports someone that's willing to kill their own people simply for disagreeing with them that also has no problems sacrificing the people they supposedly care about without hesitation. That's actually how many dictators began. Even his father saw that he was too far gone in the spirit world.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I thought going in MBJ would stand out, but Letitia Wright's Shuri got me. Because of her Smarts & Smartass nature, she needs to have lines with Tony Stark come Infinity War.

M'Baku also was awesome, specially with his Vegetarian line towards Ross. Showed how he and his tribe should be respected, but also show how they were mistreated by the former kings never visiting them.

As far as the movie itself, great plot for the most. It gives T'Challa a legit reason to be the best king ever, because his dad T'Chaka just comes in, kills his brother, leaves his now-orphaned son all by himself; growing up without a father figure to keep him in check.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I love how Killmonger threw Klaue's ass in the bushes with the quickness and the film quickly changed it's focus and you can tell what the real conflict of the movie was gonna be about.

fukk I need to see this again today :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Killmonger is an excellent villain but also very contradictory in his actions compared to his self stated purpose. So I'd be wary of anyone that supports someone that's willing to kill their own people simply for disagreeing with them that also has no problems sacrificing the people they supposedly care about without hesitation. That's actually how many dictators began. Even his father saw that he was too far gone in the spirit world.

Negged for talking heresy about the king

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I know ya'll like to hate on whitey 24/7/365 up in here, but let's not just auto-assume just cuz someone's white in a black movie that it's only and all for tap-dancing. I mean, yeah, I can see the Token-ism aspect, but meh.
nikkas really dapping this cac?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Ah oh ok, bet. Yeah, I thought that represented what some of us in the states, due to the conditioning of our oppressors, has played a serious part, if not outright created that disrespect towards our women and if that wasn't a part of our element, then we'd unequivocally treat them like queens, thru and thru.

Agreed