Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Daps
Got some suspect c00ns in here reading into this too much

The movie was accurate in some perceptions

I suspect killmonger (militant AA) will be in the public lexicon like the sunken place

It took multiple illegal help and a coup to stop him

So much for wakadan traditions they kept bringing up

T'challa simply got wrecked and legit lost the throne challenge

So he started a civil war over the throne he lost to stop killmonger's worldwide race war

Not saying killmonger's motive was good though

lol, folks can like Killmonger without shytting on T'Challa

He was clearly holding back when fighting Killmonger cuz he ain't like what his pops did. (Tho I think Killmonger would have won eventually regardless). He was asking him to yield when he got him down instead of going for the kill like Killmonger. He also never yielded and didn't die so he technically never lost the throne duel.

Killmonger was right ideologically imo (his pops too), but you can't be all for your people while killing them as a means to your revenge mission either. Just my 2 cents.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Another couple of things that I liked was that Killmonger was absolute in his motivations. He wasted no time, because he knew what he wanted by any means necessary. Regardless of how his plan would have went, he never second guessed himself.

Sterling K Brown also gave an underrated performance in this film. His role was small, but it was a key one in the context of the story. That scene of him in the spirit world talking to his son hit me real hard. He's an exemplary actor who should be leading more films.

Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
lol, folks can like Killmonger without shytting on T'Challa

He was clearly holding back when fighting Killmonger cuz he ain't like what his pops did. (Tho I think Killmonger would have won eventually regardless). He was asking him to yield when he got him down instead of going for the kill like Killmonger. He also never yielded and didn't die so he technically never lost the throne duel.

Killmonger was right ideologically imo (his pops too), but you can't be all for your people while killing them as a means to your revenge mission either. Just my 2 cents.

Stop deflecting about him losing a fair one. T'Challa wasn't holding anything back.

The mental gymnastics in here is simply too much

I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in the movie

They could have had tighter writing to prevent this

Or this was done to show no one's perfect with a legitimate coup by the 'good' guys.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS
Daps
Stop deflecting about him losing a fair one. T'Challa wasn't holding anything back.

The mental gymnastics in here is simply too much

I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in the movie

They could have had tighter writing to prevent this

Or this was done to show no one's perfect with a legitimate coup by the 'good' guys.

:pachaha: ok breh

ozzy

Pro
Daps
Black Panther broke Brazil's all-time opening day record

For those that don't know Black Panther is now the highest grossing opening day ever for a film in Brazil's history
Justice League held the previous title 'Justice League' Has Biggest Box Office Opening Of All Time In Brazil
Black Panther grossed 6% more on it's opening day in brazil to hold the new record

‘Black Panther’ Leaps To $47M In 3 Days Overseas; Looking At $120M+ Bow – International Box Office
"Brazil grabbed $1.9M for No. 1 and 164% ahead of Ant-Man, 83% ahead of Wonder Woman, 6% ahead of Justice League and 9% ahead of Deadpool."

These are from some of the showings in Brazil.. In Portugese and Spanish the name is Pantera Negra

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
while i think mbj did the damn thing as killmonger, and that he is easily the best marvel villain on screen to date, his plan does spark the question: if given the chance, would we (blacks) treat whites like they have done us, or just tell them to fukk off?....as much as getting revenge would feel right/justified, i've always fallen on the latter of that: i'd just tell them to fukk off....tell them to do them and we wont fukk that up; as long as they let us do us and dont fukk with it...

I'll fukk them up back to the Stone Age. Keep watch on them to make sure they don't do any shady shyt. White always come back but not them same. Their nature is to destroy, confuse and cause havoic. And I would keep a eye on Arabs. They are the main ones that keep coming at us. Everyone else I would keep a eye out on.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Yup. Agree with this take below of the end
"T’Challa promising to reveal Wakanda’s unrivaled capabilities and power seems to put Wakanda in an extremely important position going into Avengers: Infinity War. The idea is that, when Thanos shows up to wreak havoc on Earth, the fate of the planet will ultimately depend on the efforts of its mightiest country: Wakanda"

Oh.. black folks saving everyone else that don't need to be saved

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I'm just being honest, as a film its alright, not better than the first blade by far
its one of the best mcu movies but thats not saying much, most of them are trash

Iron Man I is by far the best marvel movie and they haven't reached that level of quality since, just a steadily decline

fukking iron man 1? Garbage ass AC/DC music, corny jokes WITH gwenth Paltrow laughing at them and tony stark corny ass bowling shirts. GTFOH

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Ok so now that I read through this post....

I missed 30 mins of the movie because of the concession line. I made it literally right at the museum scene.

Shuri was INCREDIBLE. She was funny. Literally everyone of her funny lines had the audience rolling. Smart. Witty. Loyal. Queen.

Okoye DID THAT.

When the rhino ran up to her and licked her face lmaoooo
When W’Kabi asked her if she’d really kill him and she let him know she was about that life.

When he bowed to her the whole theatre clapped.

M’Baku was a goddamn fool fukking with the white man :russ:

M’baku: Talk one mo time im feeding you to my kids :birdman:

Cracker: :sadcam:

M’baku: JK we vegetarian cacbreh :troll:

T’Challa was the least interesting main character to me. :yeshrug:

I watched the movie at the Magic Johnson theatre so you know my showing was LIT. It was 97% black lol. literally only like 3 white people. Everyone dressed up. nikkas really brought out the drums. Jokes hitting all at the right parts.

I loved the connection between Wakanda/Oakland. That was great. Killmonger was funny as hell too

“Hi Aunty :troll:

His ocean line made me feel really heavy.
When he said that line the whole audience reacted. Made me feel really sad and heavy. I wanna know my roots :mjcry:

But my favorite part, more than anything, were the woman. Wakanda wouldn’t last a week without the women. :banderas:

So proud to be a black :scrai:

Imma watch it again.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'll fukk them up back to the Stone Age. Keep watch on them to make sure they don't do any shady shyt. White always come back but not them same. Their nature is to destroy, confuse and cause havoic. And I would keep a eye on Arabs. They are the main ones that keep coming at us. Everyone else I would keep a eye out on.
I see someone underestimates the biggest fanboys of whites..Asian women. Lol.