Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know ya'll like to hate on whitey 24/7/365 up in here, but let's not just auto-assume just cuz someone's white in a black movie that it's only and all for tap-dancing. I mean, yeah, I can see the Token-ism aspect, but meh.
LOL. No he didn't. T'challa never yielded and Zuri (Forest Whitaker) interfered in the combat, which is essentially a DQ. He did it due to feeling guilty seeing the results of his actions or rather inactions of aiding in T'Chaka's cover up for N'Jobu's kill, thus creating Killmonger.
-
Lot of ya'll getting so wrapped up in Killmonger's militant, thuggery (albeit he had some solid points for sure, so I understand why) that ya'll missed out on the subtleties that took place. Like T'Challa literally could have killed Killmonger very quickly, early in the battle, as twice that he had deathblow shots that he didn't miss by accident, but by intentional mercy. T'Challa relented in their first fight due to a. just finding out the history of Killmonger's upbringing and feeling much remorse for his father's cold-blooded actions and b. taking upon the higher road of Wakandan principles in not killing unless absolutely necessary. Sure, it was quite the gamble for him to do so and plenty would say was the wrong play to make, understandably so.
Yeah I think this was missed by a lot of people.

Corey Matthews

All Star
Daps
only reason he was alive because he was helped first by zuri and then by a fisherman

bailed out more than lebron at the trade deadline

and secondly there is no way that dude is beating killmonger without that herb

Killmonger had the herb too so he should have beat TC faster the second time.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
only reason he was alive because he was helped first by zuri and then by a fisherman

they both had the herb the second time though fam.

edit: @Corey Matthews already said it

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
Yeah I think this was missed by a lot of people.

It's not missed, that is your viewpoint.

Killmonger had the killer instinct and won the fight and would have killed T'challa if it wasn't for the interference.

And as far as the wakanda principles bullshyt, Killmonger was fighting a fair one and they cheated and was all "fukk tribal rules" when their meal ticket got his ass handed to him.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What i meant was take away the herb from them both and straight up I don't see t'challa beating killmonger

Killmonger was in a new country, new terrain, had no one in his corner , had a crooked earl hebner type ref and still came out on top

But but t'challa could have but he held back ol' Shane Mosley had Mayweather in the second round azz nikkas

they both had the herb the second time though fam.

edit: @Corey Matthews already said it

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What i meant was take away the herb from them both and straight up I don't see t'challa beating killmonger

Killmonger was in a new country, new terrain, had no one in his corner , had a crooked earl hebner type ref and still came out on top

But but t'challa could have but he held back ol' Shane Mosley had Mayweather in the second round azz nikkas

I do think he held back because of him feeling bad about what his dad did and the fact that Kilmonger was family. He won't underestimate his ass again though if he comes back. :pachaha:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Killmonger had the killer instinct and won the fight and would have killed T'challa if it wasn't for the interference.

And as far as the wakanda principles bullshyt, Killmonger was fighting a fair one and they cheated and was all "fukk tribal rules" when their meal ticket got his ass handed to him.
Well he technically "killed him" regardless of any interference.

But if you don't think T'Challa was holding back in the first fight, then we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Oh but it is. It's either folks directly missed it or folks want to play outright ignorance to it. I know ya'll got the hard on for Killmonger right now, but it is what it is.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Nah..They made that a plot point. This is T'Challa were talking point. If Killmonger beat him str8 up, thst automatically kind of a sham because that's not legit. Honestly, T'Challa should of outsmarted him in the fight to stay true to his character but they let it end with the throw off to prolong Killmonger getting to look strong.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nah..They made that a plot point. This is T'Challa were talking point. If Killmonger beat him str8 up, thst automatically kind of a sham because that's not legit. Honestly, T'Challa should of outsmarted him in the fight to stay true to his character but they let it end with the throw off to prolong Killmonger getting to look strong.

Nah, in the books Killmonger is one of few people that beat T'Challa and in similar fashion. During the ritual combat, Ross actually distracted T'Challa to cause him an L. The movie kinda plays on that, but remixes the distraction being from a different, deeper angle.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I wonder how far in the future is T'Challa's press conference announcing Wakanda's assistance to the world.

The events of Black Panther take place pretty much right after T'Challa found Zemo but there's no mention of it in Dr. Strange or Spider-Man, which all took place on earth.