Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Damn it. CW got me for another damn DC show.

Motherfukkers know what I like.

Also, loved the subtle foreshadowing in the beginning. "With Thunder (Anissa) and Lightning (Jennifer) as his witness." Whole family bout to give nikkas that work. :blessed:

There's other heroes in this world?:ohhh: I wonder which corners of the DCU they'll get to that the other shows haven't.

Been looking forward to this I hope people give it a chance:wow:On a Facebook group for black comic fans and shyts been mixed. Some like it some say it looks cliche, some say Black Panther looks better (:what:It's a gotdamn tv show) :snoop:
Yo that shyt pisses me off. Whenever more than one of a show or movie for Black folk in the same genre are around, people start making dumbass comparisons like we can only have one of a thing. There's literally no reason to be pitting Black Lightning and Black Panther against each other.

Last edited:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Now that we know there are other superheroes, they have to do the Outsiders at some point.

250px-Outsiders_%28DC_Comics%29.jpg

Granted they'll have to switch out Katana (Arrow has her) and Batman (obvious reasons). And good luck doing Metamorpho on a TV budget.

But damn it. I need that.
The older one plays for the other team?:dwillhuh::mjcry:
Yeah in the comics Anissa was in a relationship with Grace Choi.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Damn it. CW got me for another damn DC show.

Motherfukkers know what I like.

Also, loved the subtle foreshadowing in the beginning. "With Thunder (Anissa) and Lightning (Jennifer) as his witness." Whole family bout to give nikkas that work. :blessed:

There's other heroes in this world?:ohhh: I wonder which corners of the DCU they'll get to that the other shows haven't.

Yo that shyt pisses me off. Whenever more than one of a show or movie for Black folk in the same genre are around, people start making dumbass comparisons like we can only have one of a thing. There's literally no reason to be pitting Black Lightning and Black Panther against each other.

Breh..I was just thinking about this yesterday. Why why why do we as black people have to make everything a fukking contest? Every single fukking thing. Like we can't just have more than one thing. Whenever my relatives talk about Power, they say how its better than Empire. They're two fukking different shows, on two different networks, and don't even air during the same time of year. We'll never have shyt until we learn that more than one thing can breathe and live

Anyway, I'm loving this shyt so far. And whomever said the women on here are bad as hell...Yes Lord:wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I thought the pilot was great

Im really upset that it is up against This is Us though. We need all the views and support for this one.

CW has a completely different threshold and standard for ratings. So even if/when it isn't as big as This Is Us, it doesn't need to be. It has to be big for CW and big for that time slot on that network. It's not competing with This Is Us so don't even trip about that