Official Big Brother 23 (US) Thread Coming July 7

NeoSeeker

GOAT human
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
1 Black person making the final 2 like 20+ years ago is really sad. Survivor has at least 4 Black winners whereas Big Brother has...Tamar, who won a spinoff version.

I get how on paper, this looks more of the same, 1 big alliance controlling everything, but it's kind of revolutionary this year to see Black people playing a game like this, thriving in a way they've never been able to in this game before.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
To me rooting against the cook out is some real c00n shyt. How can you be a fan of this game, know the history of the show and still root against the cook out? The whole purpose of the cook out is to give the black players the best possible shot at winning this game. Yet you got ppl in here rooting for their downfall every week. Because it ain't entertaining enough. Smh.

For the most part, Big Brother is a show where most people will love you when you're at the bottom (the underdog), and hate you once you've reached the top, and have power (the one in control). I think that's the case regardless of race. There's only a few exceptions. The CO already made history (all in jury), but are basically saying fukk history, we run the asylum now. Which is cool to me. I see it as an f.u. to casting (respectfully). They never cast this many black people on a season, and probably never will again. Casting (at least Robyn Kass) are the ones people should be blaming every year for these white majority alliances.

Now, Tiff (in particular) is my favorite in the house. I want to see her win, go down as a BB legend, and be seen as a strategic genius who ran the house the entire season. The problem is (and even she has said this numerous times before in the house). She could be playing a completely different/better game. The CO is not her optimal path to winning.

She plans on taking DF & Azah who she's been butting heads with the entire game, and she fully expects will cut her at 6, and X who is her biggest threat in the house to prevent her from winning. She's literally playing for 5th/6th place. She's going from being a Danielle Reyes to going against her own best interest like Lawon. Which if you're Tiff, made sense, up until now. She's even saying in the DR now she's cutting DX & Claire who she gets along with better (and would increase her chances at winning). It'd be a shame if DF who hasn't put in not even half the work Tiff put in, gets carried as a goat to the finale by (let's say) X.

I enjoy seeing the hypocrisy/people cry over the CO on reddit. Definitely not c00ning. This is not even a show, it's more like a sport for me. I respect gameplay over entertainment, which is why even though i call X boring, i always big him up for his game. He's like Derek from BB16. Boring to watch, but at the same time you see their built for this game. You see their greatness at it. If i was playing the game of BB i wouldn't be playing for America, or trying to be entertaining. That's the trap most hg fall into. Me, i'm playing to win.

As a viewer/fan i love the game so much i put myself in my favorite players shoes. If i was Tiff, i'm doing anything, and everything to win that $750,000. Being for the cause in the final stretch of the game isn't going to pay the bills, and isn't going to help put Christian (her son) through college. Maybe she changes her mind (the game is only a little past the halfway mark). But unless she's lying in her DR's (which i doubt because she's been vocal/willing to cut her closest ally's for a long time now). She's going to lose. Which i'd hate to see (and i will see it if it happens because i'm still invested into the season even through the boring weeks).

Last edited:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Why X as a possibility? That's outta left field.
I fell asleep early last night so i didn't hear her explanation (about to catch up now). But i'm assuming it's because of the fact he can win comps/she couldn't beat him in the end, her and him don't kick it in the house that often, or ever talk game with each other, he's in a duo with Alyssa, cutting him would bring Ky closer to her, or/and she just see's that he's playing the best game in the house and wants to cut him before him wins out with Alyssa.

I'm guessing Ky will push for DX/Claire, but out of everybody left in the house she's damn near the closest with them. She spends most her days with Ky. She be just here, and there with the other hg.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tiff (in particular) is my favorite in the house. I want to see her win, go down as a BB legend, and be seen as a strategic genius who ran the house the entire season.
This is kinda where I'm at. I don't just want to see a black person win - I want them to play an undeniable game. I want them to be a comp beast, or a master manipulator, or play a crazy good social game. Or all of the above. I want to see a black Dan or Dr. Will. A fan favorite who's a lock-in for coming back for All-Stars, Amazing Race, Survivor, etc.

I don't want to just check the box of "Big Brother winner (on that boring ass season where they all linked up into a majority alliances and simply steamrolled everyone else)". That checkbox means nothing to me and my black pride unless all the prize money's getting donated to an HBCU.

I can go watch Survivor if I want to see black people who won a much harder game and black people who came close to winning but still went down as legends.

But, we'll see, we're only halfway thru.

Last edited:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is kinda where I'm at. I don't just want to see a black person win - I want them to play an undeniable game. I want them to be a comp beast, or a master manipulator, or play a crazy good social game. Or all of the above. I want to see a black Dan or Dr. Will. A fan favorite who's a lock-in for coming back for All-Stars, Amazing Race, Survivor, etc.

I don't want to just check the box of "Big Brother winner (on that boring ass season where they all linked up into a majority alliances and simply steamrolled everyone else)". That checkbox means nothing to me and my black price unless all the prize money's getting donated to an HBCU.

I can go watch Survivor if I want to see black people who won a much harder game and black people who came close to winning but still went down as legends.

But, we'll see, we're only halfway thru.

That's a tall order. We haven't had anyone held in the same regard for eons, and that's probably not going to change. No one cares for Derrick, Vanessa was on her way but ultimately fumbled at the end. If Tiff or X win it would be well deserved for two gamers, you can't say they floated all the way to end.

I can't get with knocking them for having a pretty dominant alliance. Let's be honest no one expected The Cookout to last this long. I know the racist fans were all geared to laugh at the Black people for failing to take control of the game in the way they have for seasons. Now they're angry that didn't happen. It's not fun to watch, and hasnt been for seasons now but fukk it, It works, by any means necessary at this point lol.