Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I feel like people don't actually care about the policy/plan itself, they just want to feel assured that Daddy/President in the White House will take care of it for us so we can go back to the "normal" state of not paying attention to politics. Biden has been successful by just saying "Trump is a disaster, I'll handle this, my administration will listen to the scientists, don't worry." As soon as you start to actually go details about what the policy/plan would be, people turn off because they feel like they're being asked to pay attention. The citizenry of this country pretty consistently rejects democracy - specifically the civic labor it demands - in favor of being ruled. This is an anti-intellectual country. :yeshrug:

Facts, but with degrees. When life turns sharply worse, even the marginalized turned off politics and the damn mushy middle class whites/Asians/others start paying more attention. They're doing this now.

"I'm Not Trump" wasn't enough with all the fukkery to put Hilldawg over the line 4 years ago; it IS a significantly important part of the mix this time.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
jim jordan just admitted trumps game plan in this hearing :snoop: trump is gonna declare victory on election night no matter what

We should already know fukkery is going to happen regardless of the election results.

Hopefully Biden has a wide margin of victory but I think this election is going to be close.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I love it when them MAGAt mufukkas eat they own

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20200...mpeach-gov-mike-dewine-over-covid-19-response

Ohio Republican Party leader Jane Timken came to DeWine’s defense, saying “it is despicable that anyone who considers themself to be conservative would make an attempt to impeach Governor DeWine.”

Republicans should be united in a time of “harsh political division,” Timken said. “The attack by John Becker and his allies is a baseless, feeble attempt at creating attention for themselves, and it shifts the focus away from what should be the top priority for real Republicans: re-electing President Trump.”

These pea brained cacs think this is somehow gonna help Trump win the state and further themselves. The Republican "hate and nonsense debt" from decades of lyin comes due.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Yup. Especially in the social media age.

America is doomed.
Yep, social media was definitely a fatal mistake in the life of this country.

We're all going to die.

TcjK2DA.png

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
black fight fan just went full #MAGA in epic fashion.

bashed biden, hates kamala, and started attacking biden supporters in the chat.

#LDBC is pro Trump

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
Concerning stuff in the CBS/YouGov poll

"Independents" is increasingly just a lame name for "embarrassed Republicans". fukk em. If more of em vote against Trump than actually for Biden that's fine. Key metric weve seen a few times is among those who hate both sides fewer hate Biden. That's the reverse of '16

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Concerning stuff in the CBS/YouGov poll

YouGov is pretty much the only semi-reliable pollster that has Trump winning independents. Most other semi-reliable to reliable polls have Biden winning independents and that's obviously the case right now. There is no way Biden would be leading in the polls by 8-11% and not be winning independents. Don't sweat it.