Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Believe polls like I did in 2016, brehs...
number of undecideds is lower, Biden is polling closer to 50% than Hillary did in the averages, we have a global pandemic, worst econ crisis since Depression, an unpopular POTUS with a bad record...

yeah don't believe the polls like in 2016, look at the world and how its changed

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Unfortunately it does. Trump might be the only candidate in the last 30-40 who was outspent and still won. I still don't know who these people are that are swayed by political ads, but I guess they exist.
Yeah I'm guessing those are people who are not necessarily political. Me too I find it weird how people could sway between Trump and Biden but that is because I'm politicized a bit. I'm sure there are people who don't care like that, and if they see a good ad they'll just say "fukkit I'm voting for this dude"

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Guys, can you help me understand the spending thing in US elections ? How is spending more equaling more votes ? What is being bought exactly ?
marketing. the undecided portion of the electorate are pretty much sheep and you spend enough money bombarding them with ads and various propaganda and they can be swayed. even people who don't think advertising has an effect on them are affected. i remember a project pat interview on vice before trump was president (2013/14 maybe) and he was talking about how he's a trump groupie and to be able to talk to him for like 5 mins would be so awesome because he could tell him what to invest in. that kind of reaction is a result of trump branding. otherwise why would anyone think he has anything good to tell you investment wise when all his fail. he can teach you about marketing and branding.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That TLR thread about Joe Biden's recent ad is just so fu*king stupid :snoop:.

Good thing, TLR isn't real life, those dummies would let Trump get re-elected easily just to spite Biden & the Democrats :snoop:.

Doing all of that sh!t talking yet 99.9% of them don't vote and have no idea how politics works:snoop:.

There was literally a poster in there talmbout some, "You only want Trump out because he said some things that hurt your feelings. "

:gucci:. I never want to hear there aren't agents in TLR again.

And can someone explain how the crime bill was so genocidal to a generation of black people, but criminal justice reform, which would by definition undo much of the damage caused by the crime bill, is not a tangible benefit to black people?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
number of undecideds is lower, Biden is polling closer to 50% than Hillary did in the averages, we have a global pandemic, worst econ crisis since Depression, an unpopular POTUS with a bad record...

yeah don't believe the polls like in 2016, look at the world and how its changed

But from another perspective, all that happened and polling-wise Trump is at about the same place he was four years ago. :snoop:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
But from another perspective, all that happened and polling-wise Trump is at about the same place he was four years ago. :snoop:
On the surface maybe. But underneath, Biden's lead has been far more consistent than Hillary's was and is performing better with the white non-college voters Trump won with.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
marketing. the undecided portion of the electorate are pretty much sheep and you spend enough money bombarding them with ads and various propaganda and they can be swayed. even people who don't think advertising has an effect on them are affected. i remember a project pat interview on vice before trump was president (2013/14 maybe) and he was talking about how he's a trump groupie and to be able to talk to him for like 5 mins would be so awesome because he could tell him what to invest in. that kind of reaction is a result of trump branding. otherwise why would anyone think he has anything good to tell you investment wise when all his fail. he can teach you about marketing and branding.
My man Project Pat was a Trump stan !? :dwillhuh:

I often overlook marketing myself but I'm sure there is definitely an effect. I wasnt aware of how easy it seems some people can be swayed to vote for somebody :ehh:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
On the surface maybe. But underneath, Biden's lead has been far more consistent than Hillary's was and is performing better with the white non-college voters Trump won with.

It isn't talked about as much, but I think there are a lot less undecided voters than people think this go around due to Biden having nowhere near the baggage that Hillary Clinton carried with her.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Trump was averaging around 42-45% before the pandemic and protests. Now, he's averaging around 38-41%. That's a noticeable decrease. Also, Biden consistent polls with close to or over 50% of the vote, so Trump's percentage doesn't really matter.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I knew back in Spring wasn't gonna be no football. Then you look at baseball and they can't keep their guys from catching it no way a 53 man roster let alone 100 college players plus staff gonna stay Covid free. Ain't no way.

And this shyt is so easy to catch it'll spread like wild fire.